Feel sorry for Mel.

Rev

2 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Hope he leaves, he has been shambolic and now we have **** all to spend

Didn’t we have **** all to spend before he took over?

So if anything he at least gave us half a shot and may well do again in the future.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Pearson said:

Moving on I sincerely hope Mel doesn’t gamble with the recruitment of non proven manager. In the realms of things we are a big club and at this moment in our history need to employ a seasoned manager who has the capability to oversee all facets of the game.

Sam Allardyce fits the criteria nicely and knows the transfer market reasonably well!!

You are one of the few people I've seen on here not recoil in horror at the thought of Sam Allardyce.

Personally, I can't stand him and his brand of football is awful.  But, and its a big but, if MM wants to recover his investment by getting Derby into the Premiership and keep them there you couldn't think of anyone with a better track record - I'd take a couple of seasons of dire football if he achieved that tbh.

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I definitely think if somebody came in with an offer that was good for both him and the club then he'd be gone in the blink of an eye.

Mel will get the job done. He’s not a quitter and is due a break.

13 minutes ago, maxjam said:

You are one of the few people I've seen on here not recoil in horror at the thought of Sam Allardyce.

Personally, I can't stand him and his brand of football is awful.  But, and its a big but, if MM wants to recover his investment by getting Derby into the Premiership and keep them there you couldn't think of anyone with a better track record - I'd take a couple of seasons of dire football if he achieved that tbh.

Allerdyce...no chance. No way. No integrity. And a real has-been. 

Mel has NOT been awful for us. He spent a fair amount of his own money on the club. His mistake was treating the club like one of his other businesses and who is to know the whole Sam Rush story? That has had an impact. I certainly don't miss the days when Shaun Barker type fees were a big deal for the owners. 

We have gone backwards, the manager merry go round caused all of this mess. It started when we sacked clement, we now have to start again and it will probably take years. After the playoff final i didn't foresee us being in this situation.

If you were the manager of a business and the owner said we are going to have to make cutbacks, you need to keep us afloat. 

Then another business offered you a pay rise and a budget twice the size. What would you do?

They are employees not fans.

Depends if it really was your dream job as you live in the area and wanted to get the local team promoted. Doing it under financial restrictions would show the football world your credentials as a man manager.

Or Just jump ship and buy your way out of the league.

Bye Gary!

One question, would anyone want to give him an open cheque book to buy who he wants?

6 minutes ago, sage said:

If you were the manager of a business and the owner said we are going to have to make cutbacks, you need to keep us afloat. 

Then another business offered you a pay rise and a budget twice the size. What would you do?

They are employees not fans.

Your right to a degree but there are also big factors that make it not just like any other business ,,, they court the adulation of thousands of fans by kissing badges , declaring affinity to clubs , declaring loyalty beyond it being just any job ,job to do getting this club back where it belongs  etc etc etc ,, 

part of my backing for rowett was his portrayal of integrity and affection for our club , turns out he’s just a Judas ******* ,, so when he comes back to pride park I hope and am sure the noise will be deafening in letting him know derby fans know he is a *******

I said it earlier. Bring in a manager who has his own ideas and he will want HIS type of player. Mel allows them to buy those players. When they don't get instant success they get the sack. The merry go round does just that. 

5 managers worth of players to sort out.

We are back where we were with Nigel Clough. So who has created the problem?

Yes MM has put his heart and soul into it Derby (money as well) but maybe he needs to allow someone else to run it on his behalf.

1 minute ago, oldtimeram said:

Nigel would not have jumped ship like Rowett is doing 

100% right love him or hate him ( football wise ) he is head and shoulders above so many in football

Archived