Feel sorry for Mel.

Rev

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Can't blame Gary for Jumping ?WTF.

he has created a right **** up of a squad with players increasing the average age of attendances by 5years?. Having given him the benefit of doubt,persevered watching woeful negative football,bizarre tactics,formations,substitutions and aged signings. Supposedly in the long term Good of the club ,slow rebuild,consistency,longevity,stability blah blah blah and then having set the club back 5 years and wants to go to stoke ?

Well GR  I will bloody pack your bags for your and bloody take you their with the help of my left foot up your deceitful anus.

Good riddance and if stoke thought they had seen negative unattractive football with the likes of Pulis. You ain't seen nothing yet!

I’d say that was Mel who has created this with the revolving door...... 

3 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

So why did we improve his contract in January,Why did he bother coming in the first place?

So you now agree that it maybe Mel who has created this lopsided squad now then? Judging by the questions you’re asking.....

Maybe Gary was worth it because of where we were at the time. A lot changes in 5 months.

He May have come in the first place I’m guessing, as he had no job, had credentials do be a decent candidate for the job, and Mel liked him......

1 hour ago, MK-Ram said:

Or has the venom spouted by a vocal minority of Derby fans pushed a manager away?

Certainly didn’t help along with Craig Cabbage and his entourage’s continual snide digs.

Leaving the style of football aside, remember where we were before Rowett came, and though it currently hurts to admit it, realise that he has taken us forward.

I’m personally disappointed that he is leaving but realise that there is no loyalty in football and when the opportunity arises to take a step forward you have to take it

Moving on I sincerely hope Mel doesn’t gamble with the recruitment of non proven manager. In the realms of things we are a big club and at this moment in our history need to employ a seasoned manager who has the capability to oversee all facets of the game.

Sam Allardyce fits the criteria nicely and knows the transfer market reasonably well!!

Maybe, just maybe, there are things behind the scenes that make life unbearable - things like  "get us here with that, you get us here with this" and "do as I say" etc etc.

The one thing Gary was good at, was playing the corporate line and usually when you keep doing this all the time, you look to get out at the first opportunity and feather your own nest.

2 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Certainly didn’t help along with Craig Cabbage and his entourage’s continual snide digs.

Leaving the style of football aside, remember where we were before Rowett came, and though it currently hurts to admit it, realise that he has taken us forward.

I’m personally disappointed that he is leaving but realise that there is no loyalty in football and when the opportunity arises to take a step forward you have to take it

Moving on I sincerely hope Mel doesn’t gamble with the recruitment of non proven manager. In the realms of things we are a big club and at this moment in our history need to employ a seasoned manager who has the capability to oversee all facets of the game.

Sam Allardyce fits the criteria nicely and knows the transfer market reasonably well!!

While I agree with much of that, you do realise that Allardyce was hounded out of Everton because of their poor style of football?

I don't agree that Rowett has taken us forward. If anything we've gone backwards. Perhaps tougher at the back but we've lost nearly all midfield creativity. 

We're a side with few sellable assets, a squad average age pushing the upper end, and little transitioning through from the academy.

I'm glad that Rowett's tipped his hand. Even if he doesn't go to Stoke, he's finished here either way.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

While I agree with much of that, you do realise that Allardyce was hounded out of Everton because of their poor style of football?

Yep aware on that Wolfie.

Again a vocal minority being unrealistic in expecting expansive and open football which will ultimately lead to failure against superior opponents. Everton finished on par for what I would expect considering the top 6 in the Premier.

Man Utd have finished 2nd to an exceptional Man City, got to the cup final and their vocal minority are espousing the exact same sentiments in hoping to oust Mourinho. It’s totally lost on me.

The inmates are beginning to take over the asylum.

Feel sorry for him? this has worked out perfectly for old Melvin. Any other season he'd have sacked Rowett but realised he was probably too quick to pull the trigger with other managers so was relucatant to sack him too early. Wouldnt be suprised if he told Rowett to speak to Stoke & drove him there himself

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mel follow him out of the door in the not too distant future. He's let his heart rule his head too often and got his fingers seriously burnt. This apparent betrayal may just push him over the edge.

Maybe he would sell if there was a buyer willing to pay enough to enable him to cut his losses. I don't mind either way, we are now back where we were when Nigel Clough was sacked. Actually, possibly worse as we now have an ageing squad on the way down, where as Clough had a couple of gems like Hughes & Hendrick to build around. 

Just now, G-Ram said:

Feel sorry for him? this has worked out perfectly for old Melvin. Any other season he'd have sacked Rowett but realised he was probably too quick to pull the trigger with other managers so was relucatant to sack him too early. Wouldnt be suprised if he told Rowett to speak to Stoke & drove him there himself

No way that happened - I paid for the taxi ....

Mel has indeed put a lot into the club but can't be entirely blameless. He is a business man. Therefore  surely even he could see that getting in new managers and letting them spend big then getting rid of that manager only to repeat the process because the new manager wants different players. Is not good business 

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

Yep aware on that Wolfie.

Again a vocal minority being unrealistic in expecting expansive and open football which will ultimately lead to failure against superior opponents. Everton finished on par for what I would expect considering the top 6 in the Premier.

Man Utd have finished 2nd to an exceptional Man City, got to the cup final and their vocal minority are espousing the exact same sentiments in hoping to oust Mourinho. It’s totally lost on me.

The inmates are beginning to take over the asylum.

We didn't have expansive and open football (I'm not sure what that means tbh) when we last visited the PL. We did when we went up under Smith. We did when we scored our highest ever points in the Championship.

Swansea did when they got into Europe and beat Valencia. Wigan always played pretty good stuff and Wigan Athletic spent how many consecutive years in the top flight? Bournemouth, Wigan, Swansea all sides nobody could imagine in the PL before they got there

Newcastle play some nice stuff in spells. They finished 2 places behind Everton. 

Southampton had back to back promotions and have played in Europe. Good side that have constantly been raided. That's the only reason they have suffered. Raided every year.

Brighton play decent stuff often. Watford do. 

There's no right way to play. You're suggesting there's a way to play that is more successful. 

There's evidence to support anything you want. There's no right way to play. 

The alternative to Rowett isn't 80% possession and 900 passes per game.

The alternative to Allardyce isn't trying to play like Brazil. Everton have struggled desperately to create chances. They had a -14 goal difference. They won 6 PL games in 20 since Christmas. They lost 9. They concede quite a few more chances than they create. I find it hard to believe Allardyce was removed by fan pressure. The troubling pattern since Xmas probably caused the concern.

1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Hope he leaves, he has been shambolic and now we have **** all to spend

Be careful what you wish for.

Archived