Feel sorry for Mel.

Rev

The first time he's backed a manager and given him enough time to sort things out, and he gets shafted at the 2nd opportunity that comes Gary's way, the 1st he used to whack his pay and contract length up. 

He may have bought it on himself I hear you cry, when he sacked Mac2 to make way for Rowett, but it's still a shitty way to be treated by someone you've put so much trust in.

I swear Rowett could crawl under a snakes belly while wearing a top hat, sneaky little fooker.

Mel's made plenty of mistakes so far, but Rowett has sunk to new levels in taking the piss.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something doesn’t seem right about all of this - is Rowett himself a Stoke fan? Is the financial position truly that bad? Or has the venom spouted by a vocal minority of Derby fans pushed a manager away?

with all that being said, the key lesson I’ve learnt from Mel is that if I ever became half as wealthy as him, I’d buy someone other than Derby.  I worry if what is ultimately going to bite us is having an ambitious fan at the helm who in their pursuit of glory has placed us in a position where the next couple of years might not appear so successful due to the spectre of FFP watching over us

What I would say is...... if we talk about loyalty..... where was it with all the other managers before him?

I can’t blame Gary for jumping, but I do have a tad of sympathy for Mel for a change.

23 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Something doesn’t seem right about all of this - is Rowett himself a Stoke fan? Is the financial position truly that bad? Or has the venom spouted by a vocal minority of Derby fans pushed a manager away?

with all that being said, the key lesson I’ve learnt from Mel is that if I ever became half as wealthy as him, I’d buy someone other than Derby.  I worry if what is ultimately going to bite us is having an ambitious fan at the helm who in their pursuit of glory has placed us in a position where the next couple of years might not appear so successful due to the spectre of FFP watching over us

He's a Villa fan I think

Definitely share the sentiment of the original poster, but hopefully Mel will see that he has been handed a fantastic opportunity.

Much better posters than I have pointed out how, under Rowett, the last remnants of the "Derby Way" were being brushed away.

Cast yourself back to that time under McClaren. We had a model. We had a plan. The academy and the first team were to be intrinsically linked, with Derby trying to copy the Ajax way.  

And then it all fell apart. First under Clement, then the sledgehammer that was Pearson, and then finally with Rowett. 

If we can get the right person in, and the right team around him, there's a chance that we could get back to that feel-good place this summer. This is a fantastic chance for us to strip out the floorboards of this house. Bring down the wallpaper. Knock through the walls, and rebuild from the bottom up.

What type of manager might fit that will depend entirely on the plan put in place, but if it's attacking, free-flowing football we want, like the type we got a taste of under McClaren, then the likes of Dean Smith, Mark Warburton and Jaap Stam (and maybe even Frank De Boer if we could afford it) would be the guys I'd go for.

Fingers crossed Mel feels this way, as opposed to following down a path that Rowett has been taking us on. A path that many on here, including myself, don't like the look of one bit.  

This had crossed my mind @Steve How Hard? Poor buggar’s got to be thinking football’s full of duplicitous shithouses. I bet he was thinking about a nice holiday and coming back and planning next season’s plan of attack (or plan of hoof ?) and then he gets this dropped on him. 

He’s got my sympathy tonight the old boy.

1 minute ago, CHCDerby said:

I'm guessing that Mel might be quite happy with how this has developed. Personally I don't think Mel would have enjoyed last season at all. Don't forget he is a supporter too and knows what a good game of football is like.

Well his research was pretty **** before he appointed Rowett.

33 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mel follow him out of the door in the not too distant future. He's let his heart rule his head too often and got his fingers seriously burnt. This apparent betrayal may just push him over the edge.

He'd probably take one hell of a hit if he did......but there again, a few more years of digging deep without promotion would only make his position worse.

If Gary goes, I hope he has a good long think before reaching a decision, and thrashes it out fully at board level.

1 minute ago, ramblur said:

He'd probably take one hell of a hit if he did......but there again, a few more years of digging deep without promotion would only make his position worse.

I definitely think if somebody came in with an offer that was good for both him and the club then he'd be gone in the blink of an eye.

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I definitely think if somebody came in with an offer that was good for both him and the club then he'd be gone in the blink of an eye.

Nah, I think he's up for another go at the Derby Way! ?

30 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

What I would say is...... if we talk about loyalty..... where was it with all the other managers before him?

I can’t blame Gary for jumping, but I do have a tad of sympathy for Mel for a change.

Can't blame Gary for Jumping ?WTF.

he has created a right **** up of a squad with players increasing the average age of attendances by 5years?. Having given him the benefit of doubt,persevered watching woeful negative football,bizarre tactics,formations,substitutions and aged signings. Supposedly in the long term Good of the club ,slow rebuild,consistency,longevity,stability blah blah blah and then having set the club back 5 years and wants to go to stoke ?

Well GR  I will bloody pack your bags for your and bloody take you their with the help of my left foot up your deceitful anus.

Good riddance and if stoke thought they had seen negative unattractive football with the likes of Pulis. You ain't seen nothing yet!

3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Difficult to say. I reckon he'll have one last stab at it over the next couple of years or so. Badly needs something to go right for him though, and it's amazing  what a fillip an upturn in fortunes can bring.

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

The Chinese are coming..

Not to buy us - just ordered a takeaway ...

Must have met up with Sam.

Archived