Surprise departure ?

Sparkle

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, irobinson said:

Chicken Tikka pies - that would be a surprise but welcome departure

I’m sure a few have experienced a ‘surprise departure’ about half an hour after eating one of those. 

4 hours ago, David said:

Not expecting any real surprise departures, I think the only players that would surprise me if they left would be Davies, Huddlestone, Lawrence and Wisdom which I don’t see happening.

Would Ledley be a surprise? He’s on a short term deal, found himself out the team recently, wouldn’t command a huge fee given his age, added PL experience to a newly promoted Cardiff team, back home to Wales, no surprise. 

Nailed it, I would agree with those 4 and possibly Carson.

Having said that, it's criminal that Carson isn't in the Premier. he's easily one of the best 20 keepers playing in this country, probably nudging top 10. 

12 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Nailed it, I would agree with those 4 and possibly Carson.

Having said that, it's criminal that Carson isn't in the Premier. he's easily one of the best 20 keepers playing in this country, probably nudging top 10. 

Carson leaving wouldn’t be a surprise as I half expect some interest, if that’s from the Premier League you wouldn’t really blame him for wanting one last crack up there. We would find it extremely difficult to replace though, even more so than Vydra if similar interest came in.

PistoldPete2
11 hours ago, Waffle said:

Johnson or Weimann could go?

These are players out of contract next summer. Potentially any of these could be cashed in on?

Craig Bryson

Andreas Weimann

Jacob Butterfield

Bradley Johnson

Nick Blackman

Marcus Olsson

David Nugent

Curtis Davies

Tom Huddlestone

Alex Pearce

Joe Ledley

Cameron Jerome

Max Hunt

In terms of recruitment, I would like to see us look abroad.

Blimey that's a lot. Can't see many of them getting renewed either. Maybe time now to extend Davies and hud. Not seen max hunt play, is he any good? 

18 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Only player I'd be surprised about is Lawrence... Mainly due to how long we chased him for. 

I would also be surprised.

Surprised if anyone wanted to buy him.

16 hours ago, Waffle said:

These are players out of contract next summer. Potentially any of these could be cashed in on?

Craig Bryson

Andreas Weimann

Jacob Butterfield

Bradley Johnson

Nick Blackman

Marcus Olsson

David Nugent

Curtis Davies

Tom Huddlestone

Alex Pearce

Joe Ledley

Cameron Jerome

Max Hunt

Keep Davies, Huddlestone and Hunt. Try like mad to move the rest on.

17 hours ago, Waffle said:

Craig Bryson

Andreas Weimann

Jacob Butterfield

Bradley Johnson

Nick Blackman

Marcus Olsson

David Nugent

Curtis Davies

Tom Huddlestone

Alex Pearce

Joe Ledley

Cameron Jerome

Max Hunt

That's a lot of wages gone next year :)

The obvious surprises would be Wisdom, Davies, Huddlestone, Lawrence and Jerome - purely as all signed recently so doubt they'd be on the move again yet. Ledley was a quick fix so could see him moving on if we get a suitable replacement.  That said, Wisdom has been in and out of the side, but is a good enough player to attract interest, and you wonder if Rowett could cash in to rebuild again.  Likewise Lawrence can't have been the success he expected and if someone were to give us our money back you can see us taking it and trying something else instead.  

The shockers in terms of disappointment would be Carson or letting someone like Elsnik go.

The genuinely biggest and also most pleasant surprises would be to offload and get good money for players considered deadwood. 

Archived