Chris Martin

Waffle

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I did wonder when they were explaining Martin's absence, they worded it quite strangely:

"Chris Martin, similar, but for different reasons with his health issues."

Seems to line up with something not muscle related.

Struggling with his balance I heard.....

14 hours ago, Carnero said:

According to an "ITK" on another site:

"Update on Martin, Lampard wants him to stay but he’s been really ill with colitis and isn’t fit at the moment. He’s doing gym work to build himself up. He will miss the start of the season but shouldn’t be too long before he’s back. He will be a good mentor for the young players coming into the squad."

"At least Derby are supporting Martin in his recovery. When he 1st became ill he tried to play thro it at Reading which has slowed his recovery"

"End of March he was unwell and was having test for more serious conditions"

---

If this is true, then get well soon Chrissy!

Great update,explains a lot.

Good luck to him and be fantastic to have him back,fit and well

Just now, StivePesley said:

Seems far too random to be made up. Colitis is indeed nasty - and incurable, the "more serious conditions" would be testing for cancer I imagine. It can be controlled with medication but you have to watch diet very closely.

Last week an #ITK claimed he had a heart problem and may have to retire. This week it's Colitis. Just like stats, 80% of the internet is made up.

1 minute ago, HantsRam said:

Would the club have health insurance to cover wages at least (or a portion thereof)?

Yes, usually. 

22 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Seems far too random to be made up. Colitis is indeed nasty - and incurable, the "more serious conditions" would be testing for cancer I imagine. It can be controlled with medication but you have to watch diet very closely.

Darren Fletcher suffered badly with it.

Chris has my sympathies if that is indeed the cause of his absence. 

24 minutes ago, David said:

Last week an #ITK claimed he had a heart problem and may have to retire. This week it's Colitis. Just like stats, 80% of the internet is made up.

79.831%

Archived