Keogh and the culture of failure

Keogh will leave this summer - it's as guaranteed as day turning into night. He's been dropped as captain, was left out for a few games and Rowett is very much still favoured by the ownership by all accounts. 

My issue is that he wanted to sign Grant Hanley in the summer, so, yeah, there's the type of player you should expect to come in to replace him. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Keogh will leave this summer - it's as guaranteed as day turning into night. He's been dropped as captain, was left out for a few games and Rowett is very much still favoured by the ownership by all accounts. 

My issue is that he wanted to sign Grant Hanley in the summer, so, yeah, there's the type of player you should expect to come in to replace him. 

Estonian-Draft-Horse.jpg

5 hours ago, cannable said:

Do we need a ball-playing centre-half? 

If so, can we replace Keogh with better?

Those are the only two questions that need answering. 

can we afford either of the above?  answers to both is a big NO so stick with the bloke who will give his all for the Rams

On keogh what are people expecting from a championship center half?

Lots of people bitching about him, but I tell you what, be careful what you wish for if he leaves.

He's one of the better cb's in this division and he's had a good season, not sure how we could afford to replace him adequately without spending an absolute fortune or lucking out!

Good to see the support comming for keough on this topic ,,, the bloke deserves respect from derby fans but sadly at times he has been treated far worse by some rabid derby than that qpr knob ,, he’s a good player and Davies calming influence has/ will improve him further

6 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

That video just reminds me why I hate QPR with such a passion. One of the few clubs around that I wouldn't mind seen literally wiped off the map with no replacement in sight.

I think that they should acknowledge their roots and their community and reform as

Shepherds Bush Market Wideboys XI.....?

So we want to ship out a defender because of the ‘culture of failure’ at the club. 

Yes he was at Wembley but not the only one responsible for that goal. 

Bucko got icon status for being an average footballer and Forsyth is still here and making many more errors that lead to goals against. 

Even though we had two bad patches we were still one of the better defences in the league (even with Keogh and a more error prone Forsyth). 

Lets talk about our immobile and leggy midfield as a problem that contributed to any failure. 

Lets talk about our attacking players who’s many errors in a match leave us as blank as my nuts after my vesectomy.

Lets talk about tactics that actually invite pressure for 90 minutes adding even more pressure on to any defence to survive with little to no rest because our ever so skilled forward line keep giving the ball back to the opposition. 

Lets talk about all of that before we single out Keogh, who has his flaws, but in too many games was our greatest creative and attacking threat while also being solid at the back. 

There are areas of the squad that need sorting out before we start looking at Keogh. This ridiculous notion that Keogh is somehow central to anything wrong with the club is absolutely mental. He is one of the best servants of the club we have seen in recent times.

Before we even discuss Keogh leaving we need to address the left back position because Fozzy has gone off a cliff and Olsson is always injured, central midfield because they are all slow and old, up front because Vydra is probably off and out wide because we lack options.

Keogh is near the bottom of the list of issues with the squad.

2 hours ago, GadFly said:

Gotta admit that's quite funny. 

nah. funny how people find their balls behind a cordoned off fence / over social media etc. 

2 hours ago, England Ram said:

So we want to ship out a defender because of the ‘culture of failure’ at the club. 

Yes he was at Wembley but not the only one responsible for that goal. 

Bucko got icon status for being an average footballer and Forsyth is still here and making many more errors that lead to goals against. 

Even though we had two bad patches we were still one of the better defences in the league (even with Keogh and a more error prone Forsyth). 

Lets talk about our immobile and leggy midfield as a problem that contributed to any failure. 

Lets talk about our attacking players who’s many errors in a match leave us as blank as my nuts after my vesectomy.

Lets talk about tactics that actually invite pressure for 90 minutes adding even more pressure on to any defence to survive with little to no rest because our ever so skilled forward line keep giving the ball back to the opposition. 

Lets talk about all of that before we single out Keogh, who has his flaws, but in too many games was our greatest creative and attacking threat while also being solid at the back. 

thats why Keogh and Davies are regarded as one of the top central defenders in the league

17 hours ago, TheHomunculusLives said:

Am I the only fan on these boards who thinks one player it's important to move on from at this stage is Richard Keogh?

Not because he's a particularly poor player - he's generally been pretty solid this season and has formed a good partnership with Davies. But I just feel he's synonymous with our underachievement and failure under pressure over recent seasons, and I'd rather see new leaders in the team untainted by the years of disappointment in a Rams shirt.

Thoughts? Too harsh on a wholehearted player who's been a great servant to DCFC?

I think if all the players had his heart and desire, you could add a few more points to the season tally.

Even if the players aren't good enough I am sure a few more would be added. 

Archived