Keogh and the culture of failure

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Keogh will leave this summer - it's as guaranteed as day turning into night. He's been dropped as captain, was left out for a few games and Rowett is very much still favoured by the ownership by all accounts. 

My issue is that he wanted to sign Grant Hanley in the summer, so, yeah, there's the type of player you should expect to come in to replace him. 

He’s been dropped as captain before. I doubt he will leave. 

19 minutes ago, Davide said:

He’s been dropped as captain before. I doubt he will leave. 

If anything I would be relieved if I were him. Let someone else front up to the media when things aren't going well and take some shelter from the idiotic fans that still have a pop on him on twitter on a weekly basis.

I think the role of a captain is overrated anyway, it's just an armband on the pitch. A dressing room should have a few leaders in it, Keogh is one of them alongside the likes of Davies who has an impressive sense of authority to him.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Competitive league...? 

You dont think it is then?

Any team can beat any other team, and generally speaking its conistancy that decides the top teams from the bottom.

Its not like you have a top 6 set in stone. a top 6 side one year can be bottom half next season with virtually the same squad.

6 hours ago, jagerbob said:

Any team can beat any other team, and generally speaking its conistancy that decides the top teams from the bottom.

Its not like you have a top 6 set in stone. a top 6 side one year can be bottom half next season with virtually the same squad.

6 hours ago, jagerbob said:

I’m with you on that. Think many people for some reason think competitive only comes with quality,the championship has to be one of the most competitive leagues in football,with its fair share of quality And lack of quality in equal measure. 

1 hour ago, D is for Derby said:

I’m with you on that. Think many people for some reason think competitive only comes with quality,the championship has to be one of the most competitive leagues in football,with its fair share of quality And lack of quality in equal measure. 

lack of quality compared to the big 4 leagues in europe is fair enough.

As a 2nd tier the championship has got way more quality than spain germany or italy. watching as much 2nd division german football as i do reminds me of how frustrating it used to be to watch derby county.

13 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

lack of quality compared to the big 4 leagues in europe is fair enough.

As a 2nd tier the championship has got way more quality than spain germany or italy. watching as much 2nd division german football as i do reminds me of how frustrating it used to be to watch derby county.

I think goalkeeper,defence,midfield you got quality it still remains that last pass that leaves us all frustrated and that’s the lack quality. It’s  what every manager searches for and rarely finds. 

What period in the Derby County past left you frustrated. 

Watched Derby win two championships at the baseball ground for me what ever they do they will always be Derby county.

Whats to say that Keogh isn't thinking of moving to another club.

When the team went round the pitch after the Barnsley game. Keogh walked round on his own a good 20 yards in front of the rest of the team. Made it look as if he was waving a final goodbye rather than a thank you to the fans for their support.

7 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Whats to say that Keogh isn't thinking of moving to another club.

When the team went round the pitch after the Barnsley game. Keogh walked round on his own a good 20 yards in front of the rest of the team. Made it look as if he was waving a final goodbye rather than a thank you to the fans for their support.

Blimey! I thought he was just chasing his nipper!

On 17/05/2018 at 16:41, TheHomunculusLives said:

Am I the only fan on these boards who thinks one player it's important to move on from at this stage is Richard Keogh?

Not because he's a particularly poor player - he's generally been pretty solid this season and has formed a good partnership with Davies. But I just feel he's synonymous with our underachievement and failure under pressure over recent seasons, and I'd rather see new leaders in the team untainted by the years of disappointment in a Rams shirt.

Thoughts? Too harsh on a wholehearted player who's been a great servant to DCFC?

A famous philosopher once said6731F3DB-909E-40F0-BFE7-1F4A698B19AE.thumb.jpeg.53b24ce826a31886cfb549bd75fc49aa.jpeg

Suggesting Keogh is part of the failure culture and using that as a reason to sell him would be the equivalent of Liverpool fans blaming Gerrard for never winning a league title or Argentine blaming Messi for losing three straight international finals.

Where is the logic in that? If you swapped Keogh for Sean Morrison, do you think that would have magically made all the difference and resulted in a promotion over the past few years? Seriously deluded if you believe so.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Suggesting Keogh is part of the failure culture and using that as a reason to sell him would be the equivalent of Liverpool fans blaming Gerrard for never winning a league title or Argentine blaming Messi for losing three straight international finals.

Where is the logic in that? If you swapped Keogh for Sean Morrison, do you think that would have magically made all the difference and resulted in a promotion over the past few years? Seriously deluded if you believe so.

Morrison's ability to score crucial goals (seven this season and 20 in 160 games) might have made a "difference".

Archived