Andre Wisdom’s form since switching to 5 at the back

richinspain

There have been threads about several players improved form recently, but I think that Andre deserves a shout out. Personally I think that he has been an excellent outlet attacking wise (his crossing probably needs to improve, but he’s just starting as a wing back) whilst defensively he’s been as strong as ever.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, richinspain said:

There have been threads about several players improved form recently, but I think that Andre deserves a shout out. Personally I think that he has been an excellent outlet attacking wise (his crossing probably needs to improve, but he’s just starting as a wing back) whilst defensively he’s been as strong as ever.

Long term, he will become Rowett’s best signing. Has deserved more credit throughout the season to be honest.

My neighbour, a Liverpool stalwart,  told me that he thought Wisdom was 'different gravy' when we first loaned him.

Seemed to lose his way a bit after he left us, but seems to be regaining his mojo again now. An absolute beast.

3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Was it my imagination, or did he put in a helluva sliding tackle at one point. 

Anya did too, in the edge of the box towards the end. 

I love a good sliding tackle me. 

He did and it seems to be in my mind in the lead up to our goal?

26 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He did and it seems to be in my mind in the lead up to our goal?

Yes, I think that’s right. Huddlestone played a blinding pass, for some reason it didn’t work, Andre pulled off a cracking tackle, it found its way back to the hudd to fozzy to camram, goal.

Another player who was excellent Friday night, love Wisdom to bits, he is strong, gives his all, and for me he is loving the new formation, will be a very important player for us in the future, in fact I could see him making a good captain, he is always talking and leads by example, for me he will deffo make the grade in the premier league WHEN we get there.

PistoldPete2

Yes wisdom has come good last few games , was bit meh with him til then wondered whey we bothered swapping christie for him. 

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yes wisdom has come good last few games , was bit meh with him til then wondered whey we bothered swapping christie for him. 

Wisdoms' form would have had to drop through the floor before I began having those sorts of thoughts.

I've been unimpressed for 90% of the season but definitely agree he's looked better recently, what a time to pick up too. Maybe the shackles are off a little? I said to a mate before the Cardiff game in our own half he's a good player but every time he crosses that half way line he just seems to lose his presence and confidence on the ball... then that game he hunts down Cardiff's last man, wins the ball and squares a beauty of a cutback for Vydra to smash in. I dunno, he just looks better when we're on the front foot, or even when he's on the front foot, being asked to hassle and harass instead of sitting off. Long may it continue. 

Archived