Andre Wisdom’s form since switching to 5 at the back

richinspain

On 11/05/2018 at 22:19, richinspain said:

There have been threads about several players improved form recently, but I think that Andre deserves a shout out. Personally I think that he has been an excellent outlet attacking wise (his crossing probably needs to improve, but he’s just starting as a wing back) whilst defensively he’s been as strong as ever.

I agree I have said he looked a shadow of the player we had on loan earlier in the season and I am surprised this system has suited him as I thought he would be better as one of the 3 at the back but it looks like he’s enjoying it and has played well the last 4 or 5 games. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's one thing he has developed a lot. He doesn't commit as many stupid fouls with rising his arms as he did earlier this season. So many times we lost a good chance to press and counter just to his unnecessary fouls. Long may it continue.

If he only could improve his crossing too...

i could give likes to half the posts here, if not for quota.

i was watching Wisdom closely in the Fulham game and what impresses me most about him is his physical stature, the way he moves, how he stands and runs.  You don't see that kind of presence often, he's a special player, in some ways a cut above the rest in the team.  A powerhouse player with technical skill, good pace and excellent vision.  PL quality, no doubt.  A keeper.

23 minutes ago, ramit said:

i could give likes to half the posts here, if not for quota.

i was watching Wisdom closely in the Fulham game and what impresses me most about him is his physical stature, the way he moves, how he stands and runs.  You don't see that kind of presence often, he's a special player, in some ways a cut above the rest in the team.  A powerhouse player with technical skill, good pace and excellent vision.  PL quality, no doubt.  A keeper.

I prefer him at right back, Carson’s doing ok

4 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I've been unimpressed for 90% of the season but definitely agree he's looked better recently, what a time to pick up too. Maybe the shackles are off a little? I said to a mate before the Cardiff game in our own half he's a good player but every time he crosses that half way line he just seems to lose his presence and confidence on the ball... then that game he hunts down Cardiff's last man, wins the ball and squares a beauty of a cutback for Vydra to smash in. I dunno, he just looks better when we're on the front foot, or even when he's on the front foot, being asked to hassle and harass instead of sitting off. Long may it continue. 

That can’t be it, the shackle was off for months, and only just came back from millwall. 

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Skippered the U21s until he was sent off for something, after which he was never picked again! Very unforgiving.

I was in that match. Not sure have I've seen anyone playing that badly as CB, easily one of the worst displays at least. Simply horrible, a red card was just icing on the cake.

He completely lost it when he was bullied by Tim Väyrynen, who moved to Dortmund's reserve team soon afterward and has since pretty much disappeared from professional football.

At the time, if you'd have to bet which of them would become success, I think most of the people would've lost their money.

It’s been a bit odd in that he isn’t an attacking player by any stretch of the imagination, but moving him forward has made him better.

Hes so physical though it is almost impossible to deal with him so maybe he’s just using that more in an attacking sense now

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

I was in that match. Not sure have I've seen anyone playing that badly as CB, easily one of the worst displays at least. Simply horrible, a red card was just icing on the cake.

He completely lost it when he was bullied by Tim Väyrynen, who moved to Dortmund's reserve team soon afterward and has since pretty much disappeared from professional football.

At the time, if you'd have to bet which of them would become success, I think most of the people would've lost their money.

Youth football summed up in a sentence.

That's why I try to preach a bit of calm when there's talk of our youth leaving.

2 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Hope he sticks the 100 million wonderkid on his arse again.

Honestly, if I was a Fulham fan part of me would want Sessegnon on the bench. We're a very physical side that leaves little to no space for him to run into. But then again, I don't know who would replace him - for all I know they might be a good team rather than a good squad.

Most of the time in the first leg he was giving up before he'd gotten close to the ball. 

Archived