Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

43 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Random stuff that annoys me.

Paid is financial, payed is nautical.

Ah gotcha. Thought you were commenting on a post with no reference. Agree. People get confused with  the nautical use of payed (to seal a deck with pitch) or payed off (fall away from the wind)

People who use the word bogstandard, the correct word is boxstandard when referring to something that is not unusual, ordinary, nothing special. I think it was Tony Blair who originally misquoted the word.

8 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

People who use the word bogstandard, the correct word is boxstandard when referring to something that is not unusual, ordinary, nothing special. I think it was Tony Blair who originally misquoted the word.

Nearly right. The correct phrase according to the main dictionaries is bog standard. It may or may not derive from box standard. :unsure:

Going for the most niche random thing ever...

Top Trumps - after hours you have almost got all your child's cards...but you lose a 'hand'(?) and out of interest you check their card and find you would have lost in every single category anyway ??

How stupid and annoying is that??. Every card should be able to beat every other card in at least one category.

The neccessity of going to sleep in order to wake up at a reasonable hour for work, just when you've got into the mood for a lengthy debate and know you probably won't be arsed to continue it in the morning, so therefore feel like you've lost your argument by default of needing sleep!"

Edited by Coconut

On 07/06/2017 at 17:18, Paul71 said:

I could go on.

The bloke sitting next to you who has to put his knee or elbow or worse on your side of the seat. He may be 6'3 tall or even 6'3 round but thats not my fault, please keep to your side of the seat please.

The bloke or woman in front of me who reclines their seat, ok you have a bit more room but i now have less, its only a 4 hour flight to greece is this really necessary?

The kid behind me who cant stop kicking the back of my seat, why wont his parents say something to him?

That person who everytime he/she gets up to go the toilet and walk down the aisle has to grab hold of everyones head rest as they do, thanks for that i was just having a snooze but im awake now.

I genuinely thought I'd written this. I complained to the airline about my recent 4 hours of hell and they sent back a veritable novel about why they do everything they can to avoid all these things. But they bloody don't. 

I hate flying, not because of the actual flying, but because of fellow passengers who ruin my experience from the chav behaviour of sinking pints at 6am, scowling at you in every queue because they're so precious about their position in it, ramming you with their pushchairs (oops now relabelled as designer buggies), thinking you want to be in the middle of their loud and loutish stag or hen party to everything else they inflict upon me who just wants to chill and enjoy my hard earned holiday. 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's already been done but using the word 'loose' instead of 'lose'

what f**kwit even started this off,as it's only started being used in the last few years.

I always assumed it is a spelling error and not done intentionally.

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

I genuinely thought I'd written this. I complained to the airline about my recent 4 hours of hell and they sent back a veritable novel about why they do everything they can to avoid all these things. But they bloody don't. 

I hate flying, not because of the actual flying, but because of fellow passengers who ruin my experience from the chav behaviour of sinking pints at 6am, scowling at you in every queue because they're so precious about their position in it, ramming you with their pushchairs (oops now relabelled as designer buggies), thinking you want to be in the middle of their loud and loutish stag or hen party to everything else they inflict upon me who just wants to chill and enjoy my hard earned holiday. 

And lets not forget that person who decides to take a dump in one of the toilets on the plane, you stand out side waiting thinking hes been in there a long time, then he comes out and you go in and its like someone has sprayed pepper spray in your eyes and let off some sort of horrendous stink bomb.

37 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

And lets not forget that person who decides to take a dump in one of the toilets on the plane, you stand out side waiting thinking hes been in there a long time, then he comes out and you go in and its like someone has sprayed pepper spray in your eyes and let off some sort of horrendous stink bomb.

haha, whereas that person would consider his contribution as a small pleasure!

Sith Happens
31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

haha, whereas that person would consider his contribution as a small pleasure!

I dont think i could do it anyway...its like going to be obvious 'who done it'

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

this thread is full of duplicates 

It's more that Audi drivers are the same the world over.

They think the cocks are still driving beemers, so console themselves with a lesser car to blend in.

They were probably the smelly kid at school, who when asked said there was no smelly kid in their classes.