Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

44 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Clubs that build football grounds bloody miles from anything.... And then make it the worst away day of the season.

Have some bloody compassion. 

How many times do you have to go there.... once per year. And that's a day out for you so at least there's some novelty to the occasion

For me I go 23 times each season!!! So forget "the worst away day", it's "the worst home day" ... no wonder the atmosphere is poo and no one turns up, we're all fed up of trudging up there each week  

3 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

Speak for yourself! Depends on your industry. Bizarrely at work we have a confusing habit of using km/m for distances but some bright spark insists we use mph for spees.

Must be confusing! I imagine you have charts all over the place to convert km to miles.

5 hours ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

Have some bloody compassion. 

How many times do you have to go there.... once per year. And that's a day out for you so at least there's some novelty to the occasion

For me I go 23 times each season!!! So forget "the worst away day", it's "the worst home day" ... no wonder the atmosphere is poo and no one turns up, we're all fed up of trudging up there each week  

Good answer mucker..

14 hours ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

This one woman continually says things like "yea but in football I hate when players just go down when they've barely been touched, you don't see that in rugby" 

But you've got to admit she does have a point there.  Footballers are embarrassing themselves and their sport by diving when there is no foul and pretending they are seriously injured when everybody knows they'll be fine 2 minutes later.  It is a plague on the sport and the fact that it has never been seriously dealt with damages football's reputation.  

You are right though, little point comparing in comparing it to the situation in rugby.  What's the point in diving in rugby?  A sport where you can knock or wrestle the opponent to the ground legally.  So a comparison between the two is pointless. 

3 hours ago, Highgate said:

But you've got to admit she does have a point there.  Footballers are embarrassing themselves and their sport by diving when there is no foul and pretending they are seriously injured when everybody knows they'll be fine 2 minutes later.  It is a plague on the sport and the fact that it has never been seriously dealt with damages football's reputation.  

You are right though, little point comparing in comparing it to the situation in rugby.  What's the point in diving in rugby?  A sport where you can knock or wrestle the opponent to the ground legally.  So a comparison between the two is pointless. 

I know what you mean but I struggle to take it seriously when it's people that don't watch football, or Man United arm chair fans. 

The reason I struggle is that I think you'd see a very different type of football watching Reading vs Derby, or teams in League one and League Two.

The people that moan about diving and faking injury are usually basing it on a game they saw two years ago in the Champions League final where Neymar continually dived.

It's the same types of people that say "Yea but the players are paid like £300k per week".... mmmm, how many players actually get that amount??  Maybe the superstar players that are the best in the world.  But most regular players are on far far less.  I admit it's still a lot but then their career is often played season-to-season with no guarantees of contracts, and they are playing at risk of injury/end of career AND their career ends in their 30s, it really does change the argument a bit 

Girlfriend finished her night shift, absolutely knackered bless her. Parks her car on the road two doors down. Midday we get a knock on the door from the neighbour. "Can you move your car please because........" The first time round I thought okay fine I'll move it. This has happened at least 4 times now, and it's a different excuse everytime. "My son's just past his test and he can't see because your car is in the way." "A family member coming to stay needs to park next to the house due to poor mobility"  What's worse is they have a drive that fit two cars at least, we don't.  Why don't you move YOUR cars off the f-ing drive you lazy gits if it's causing problems! They've clearly got an issue with someone parking a car outside their house. We'd obviously park somewhere else but Saturday morning, there's no spaces available. There's no sign saying private space so anyone can legally park there. 

People think they own the streets sometimes and have nothing else better to do.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Girlfriend finished her night shift, absolutely knackered bless her. Parks her car on the road two doors down. Midday we get a knock on the door from the neighbour. "Can you move your car please because........" The first time round I thought okay fine I'll move it. This has happened at least 4 times now, and it's a different excuse everytime. "My son's just past his test and he can't see because your car is in the way." "A family member coming to stay needs to park next to the house due to poor mobility"  What's worse is they have a drive that fit two cars at least, we don't.  Why don't you move YOUR cars off the f-ing drive you lazy gits if it's causing problems! They've clearly got an issue with someone parking a car outside their house. We'd obviously park somewhere else but Saturday morning, there's no spaces available. There's no sign saying private space so anyone can legally park there. 

Just say no, they sound like neighbours you arent going to be friends with anyway. Aslong as you are patked considerately and not illegal they can do naff all about it.

13 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Had similar issues and the scrout we are dealing with has been intimidating towards my missus. He's also covered her windscreen in mud and let her tyre down although we can't prove it's him. Did you know that you can park on your neighbours drive and the police or local authorities can do nothing about it. They would have to take civil action against you. However if you park blocking access to their drive,  ie where the kerb is dropped, then that is a different matter.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Had similar issues and the scrout we are dealing with has been intimidating towards my missus. He's also covered her windscreen in mud and let her tyre down although we can't prove it's him. Did you know that you can park on your neighbours drive and the police or local authorities can do nothing about it. They would have to take civil action against you. However if you park blocking access to their drive,  ie where the kerb is dropped, then that is a different matter.

Not parked anyway near their drop kerb. Her cars tiny as well. Aygo's aren't exactly taking up a huge part of the parking allocation on the street. What I'm more concerned with is when I'm at work in the week and she's at home sleeping, she'll be getting knocks on the door waking her up for no reason. It's so inconsiderate. I've explained to them she works nights at times and parking is limited. They don't grasp the concept.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Not parked anyway near their drop kerb. Her cars tiny as well. Aygo's aren't exactly taking up a huge part of the parking allocation on the street. What I'm more concerned with is when I'm at work in the week and she's at home sleeping, she'll be getting knocks on the door waking her up for no reason. It's so inconsiderate. I've explained to them she works nights at times and parking is limited. They don't grasp the concept.

Probably best to just not answer the door when they knock. Hopefully they'll get the message that way and then stop waking your missus up. Inconsiderate fuckwits. ?