Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

Virgin Media want punching.

When we got home on Tuesday, there was no WiFi and no TV at chez Eddie, so I rang them up and reported it. They said that it was a 'known problem' and would be fixed the next day.

So I rang them on Wednesday and I got a recording which said that repairs on issues affecting my postcode were taking 'a little longer than usual because of their complexity.

So I rang them yesterday and they said 'after running further tests, we need to send an engineer out to test your equipment. The earliest we can make it is Monday'.

So they are booked in to check my equipment on Bank Holiday Monday, when we were planning on going out. I bet they don't even turn up.

I had similar issues and moved to Mature Media. Not so exciting, but you can’t beat experience.

SCS sofas. Paid cash 2 years ago for a massive leather corner settee. After a few months the seams just started to fall apart. They eventually sent someone to sew them up (11 months into the 12 month warranty). A few weeks later the repaired seams just fell apart again. SCS said it must be a new problem and no longer a warranty issue.

Fortunately I also bought their 5 year insurance plan - went through that, claim accepted straight away... 6 months later... my claim is still with their 'solutions team' and they can't give me an estimate on how long it will take to resolve my problem.

I do not recommend SCS.

8 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

SCS sofas. Paid cash 2 years ago for a massive leather corner settee. After a few months the seams just started to fall apart. They eventually sent someone to sew them up (11 months into the 12 month warranty). A few weeks later the repaired seams just fell apart again. SCS said it must be a new problem and no longer a warranty issue.

Fortunately I also bought their 5 year insurance plan - went through that, claim accepted straight away... 6 months later... my claim is still with their 'solutions team' and they can't give me an estimate on how long it will take to resolve my problem.

I do not recommend SCS.

Never done it myself but I've read that other people have used various  social media outlets to name and shame them and it seems to prompt them into action. Gotta be at least worth a try. Nothing to lose if it doesn't work I suppose. 

31 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Call them, ask for a date, if they fail, say you are reporting their inability to forfil their promise.

21 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I do not recommend SCS.

I ordered a leather sofa from them  .   They left us sat on garden chairs for three months due to a delay in delivery from Belgium due to "Chinese new year".  When it turned up, the glaze on the leather failed after six months .  The next one had a huge mark in the leather so I refused to accept .  the next one was not the same type of leather and they eventually admitted it had not come from Belgium as the original but Lithuania - they gave me an £50 apology fee.  That leather lasted 9 months and the glaze failed .  Everything took  3-4 Months at a time to get done and the product I have is still awful apart from the wooden base .   I would rather have a game of pie eating russian roulette with Burnsey than ever deal with them again .

32 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I do not recommend SCS.

It seems they aren't the best quality.

23 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Never done it myself but I've read that other people have used various  social media outlets to name and shame them and it seems to prompt them into action. Gotta be at least worth a try. Nothing to lose if it doesn't work I suppose. 

No point shaming SCS, as it is now in the insurance people's hands, name and shaming SCS could land it in hot water.  The only thing is you could shame SCS by saying the insurance they sold is rubbish.

I would recommend that you change your contents insurance, or check that you might already have, cover for such instances. Adding on 'accidental damage' or 'full cover' only adds about 15-25 quid, depending on your poily.

Edited by McRamFan
additional info

51 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Nah I'm going to picket the Chesterfield branch Westboro Church style... 

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, McRamFan said:

No point shaming SCS, as it is now in the insurance people's hands, name and shaming SCS could land it in hot water.  The only thing is you could shame SCS by saying the insurance they sold is rubbish.

I would recommend that you change your contents insurance, or check that you might already have, cover for such instances. Adding on 'accidental damage' or 'full cover' only adds about 15-25 quid, depending on your poily.

Contents cover, even with accidental damage wouldn't cover manufacturers faults.

Sith Happens
4 hours ago, McRamFan said:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Call them, ask for a date, if they fail, say you are reporting their inability to forfil their promise.

Its a good shout. If the ombudsman gets involved the insurance company is charged regardless of the outcome. You do need to go through a proper complaint process really beforehand though. Verbal,  writing etc. To the insurance not scs.

On 24/08/2018 at 17:13, eddie said:

Virgin Media want punching.

When we got home on Tuesday, there was no WiFi and no TV at chez Eddie, so I rang them up and reported it. They said that it was a 'known problem' and would be fixed the next day.

So I rang them on Wednesday and I got a recording which said that repairs on issues affecting my postcode were taking 'a little longer than usual because of their complexity.

So I rang them yesterday and they said 'after running further tests, we need to send an engineer out to test your equipment. The earliest we can make it is Monday'.

So they are booked in to check my equipment on Bank Holiday Monday, when we were planning on going out. I bet they don't even turn up.

Well, the repair man did turn up. He tested the wifi hub - no signal. Traced the wire back to the inside box on the wall - no signal. Went round the side of the house to the box from the primary cable - ah! All the wires were a horrible, corroded mess covered in green slime and there was evidence of arcing. That bit had been put in by Diamond Cable over 20 years ago. 15 minutes later, he was having to reduce the signal strength at the wifi hub because it was too strong.

My annoyance at being fobbed off by Virgin Media for three days before I finally convinced them that no, it wasn't a 'general intermittant problem affecting my area' has not abated, so I will revise my assessment to "Virgin Media in general but not their engineers" want punching.

Now to try to get some compensation.

When driving on the A38 with a Mercedes/BMW/Audi as close as possible to the rear of my car, despite being able to see 3 slower cars in front of me, and I'm clearly waiting for them to move over so I can overtake.

I get annoyed.

When I then move over and I get a really long stare as if I am responsible for slow drivers ahead of me.

I get exasperated.

The Mercedes/BMW/Audi then goes in front but drives slower than they were previously, but refuse to move over to let me pass.

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

When driving on the A38 with a Mercedes/BMW/Audi as close as possible to the rear of my car, despite being able to see 3 slower cars in front of me, and I'm clearly waiting for them to move over so I can overtake.

I get annoyed.

When I then move over and I get a really long stare as if I am responsible for slow drivers ahead of me.

I get exasperated.

The Mercedes/BMW/Audi then goes in front but drives slower than they were previously, but refuse to move over to let me pass.

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its when they approach you really fast, swarm all over the rear of your car, so you think i'll just move out the way, let them get on with it, but they then take an age to overtake you so you have caught up the vehicle in front and have to slam your breaks on because you cant move out to overtake.

Also annoys me when they do this, and like you say there are cars in front of you so you can go no faster, but because you are leaving a reasonable gap they decide to undertake you and then cut in front of you taking up your gap.

Roadwork Planners.

In our village near the two schools it can be quite chaotic at start and finish time. 

So if roadworks are needed which are actually going to block off the main access road towards the school when would be a good time to do this? In the school holidays? No..how about wait until the day the schools go back to do it?

And also, have they run out of Road Closed Ahead signs, because there are 3 roads that approach but they have only been bothered to put notice on one of them, so when you dont know the roadworks are there you have arrived at them and have to go a long way round, yet had there been a notice earlier on you could have cut through a different way.

18 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I get annoyed.

I get exasperated.

Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becasue you are a Fiat driver and we hate Fiats.. Do you waer gloves and a hat as well?? Seat really near to the strearin wheel??