Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Just now, ketteringram said:

It annoys me...... When I go to open a door that opens towards me, and someone on the other side opens it at the same time, unknowingly smashing the handle into my hand. It's not that which annoys me as such. It's that I then always seem to apologise to the other person! 

I'm the same. I think it's just an automatic response. Someone can bump into ME yet upon the coming together I'll automatically apologise when it's not even my fault! Happens all the time! :(

11 hours ago, ketteringram said:

It annoys me...... When I go to open a door that opens towards me, and someone on the other side opens it at the same time, unknowingly smashing the handle into my hand. It's not that which annoys me as such. It's that I then always seem to apologise to the other person! 

Something annoying happened to me at a door near my desk at work a couple of weeks ago.  I went through and a bloke was coming the other way, a little bit too far away for me to hold it, but I did anyway.  Firstly he didn't make any effort to speed up - I realise there is no obligation on his part to do so, but secondly as he went through the door he made no effort to take the holding of the door off me - just walked through clean.  No thank you either.

I have to admit to hearing myself mutter the c-word.

11 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

yeah I thought I had another pubic hair on my screen, you trickster you :ph34r:

Is that a common problem for you? Please tell me it's not your work PC that's covered in pubes.

And another thing.....those are freakishly straight pubes:blink:

On 2/17/2017 at 12:44, McLovin said:

My profile picture. Thoughts go out to those who blew/wiped their screen.

My sister and I have discussed  your profile picture. She's a lurker and told me about this, after I told her about an embarassing thing that happened to me........

My hair is straight, dog straight, not a kink nor a bend, a flick, nowt.

So, I was telling someone about something on twitter or something, anyway, I found it on my phone, and they wanted to see it, so, before giving them my phone, I saw a hair of mine, stuck in my phone case, ah, i'll just take it out before I give it you, so quickly  grabs the hair, it doesn't move, it just curls......:o

1) Missing Pet posters

...or rather the lack of follow-up on the fate of said pet, with the posters being left up

It's only because I recognised 'Leonard the cat' on the bus stop yesterday, having seen him wandering up my street 10 minutes earlier, that I knew of his fate.

Slightly more controversial, perhaps....

2) Flowers left at the site of an accident to mark the anniversary of when someone has died, which are in turn then themselves just left there to die, in horrible similtude. Rather than the intended tribute you end up with a tatty & dull eyesore.

Voice-overs on MOTD. Just watched the Boro v Oxford tie and the woman screeching at the top of her voice with fake excitement was embarrassing. I realise some of you guys will be familiar with that in another context but this does no credit to the BBC. If I'm mistaken and she was at the game then that makes it even worse.

Drop one of those wooden pundits for the afternoon and spend some of the money on sending a live reporter to all of the 5th round matches.

35 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

people who leave their indicator flashing for miles and miles on the motorway...

People who think them little orange lights were just put on their car for Christmas ....

Don't ever signal ... you have to use the Force to work out what they will do at roundabouts.

23 hours ago, Coconut said:

1) Missing Pet posters

...or rather the lack of follow-up on the fate of said pet, with the posters being left up

It's only because I recognised 'Leonard the cat' on the bus stop yesterday, having seen him wandering up my street 10 minutes earlier, that I knew of his fate.

Slightly more controversial, perhaps....

2) Flowers left at the site of an accident to mark the anniversary of when someone has died, which are in turn then themselves just left there to die, in horrible similtude. Rather than the intended tribute you end up with a tatty & dull eyesore.

I agree with both points, to solve the first maybe there should be an open topped bus tour of recovered pets every month?  Then if any pets don't take part you can assume the worst?

On the second point my thought often is, 'so a loved one has died on this stretch of dual carriageway and your tribute is to run the gauntlet of this stretch of road, on foot, to leave flowers?'