MULTI-POLL: Returning loan players - do they have a future here?

Mostyn6

Would these players have a future at Derby if it was up to you? (when loans finish)  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your view, so fair enough, but you'd keep Butterfield? I've got him down as an absolute fraud of a footballer - it's not pack mentality but I have never seen him do anything that warrants consideration that there is something inside that we somehow haven't found.

For me, the only one I was teetering on was Bryson but, in the end, I put him down with the others - maybe a bit mean but we are so far away from that player that tore the Red Dogs a new one that I can't find it in me to believe it's ever coming back.

I know that it is highly unlikely we will do a root and branch rebuild but I'm struggling to think of a name in the squad to add to Carson that I am hoping is still here in two years time.

15 minutes ago, Moist One said:

We have fringe players out on loan, I can only pick 5 separate polls, wanted to add Shackell, Lowe and Bent in too.

This is NOT "what do you think will happen?", it is "WHAT WOULD YOU CHOOSE?"

Shackell and Bent are out of contract so must be let go. I'd keep Martin and Bennett (and Lowe). Let the other 3 Bs go.

1 minute ago, BaaLocks said:

Your view, so fair enough, but you'd keep Butterfield? I've got him down as an absolute fraud of a footballer - it's not pack mentality but I have never seen him do anything that warrants consideration that there is something inside that we somehow haven't found

being as though you ask, he was our leading scoring midfielder in the season we bought him, played out of position (see Will Hughes). He has technique, and in spite of the nonsense about passing backwards, his passing stats and accuracy were far better than any team mate.

1 minute ago, rynny said:

Shackell and Bent are out of contract so must be let go. I'd keep Martin and Bennett (and Lowe). Let the other 3 Bs go.

fair dos, wondering if anyone would renew the out of contracts ? 

1 minute ago, Moist One said:

fair dos, wondering if anyone would renew the out of contracts ? 

Was putting them in for completeness of the poll ?.

2 minutes ago, Moist One said:

being as though you ask, he was our leading scoring midfielder in the season we bought him, played out of position (see Will Hughes). He has technique, and in spite of the nonsense about passing backwards, his passing stats and accuracy were far better than any team mate.

I liked Butterfield and think he gets a lot of unfair criticism from fans. However his comments when leaving on loan were stupid, you should never call your club, unless you never want to play for it again.

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I selected to let Martin go, only because I think that is the best thing for us and him given the way Rowett sets up. If we had a different coach that answer might well be different also.

I answered it as though I was the manager. If answering what Rowett should do, I would answer differently.

Not for me, sorry.

I'm the same with Bennett, I don't get the desire to want to give him one more go. He's simply not good enough, wasn't good enough at Bradford or Chesterfield and the hope seems to be that just because he's a local lad something will spark in him at some point. He's had enough chances, and I've lost patience with mediocre football - can we try to bring in players who both improve the team and give us a chance of selling them for more than we paid for them.

With the exception of Vydra (depending on which valuation you believe) I don't see us being able to do that. OK, you can argue Ince, Christie, Hughes, Hendrick - all fair shouts - but the cupboard is bare now.

I think there all good players at this level to be fair, as individuals I voted yes for them all , but the if it was to fit into GR mould then maybe Bryson , Bennett and Blackman ( controversial i know ) but in this league in the new 343 system I think it could suit him down to the ground. 

Keep: Martin, Bryson, Bennett.

Let go: Butterfield, Blackman.

Prediction: this poll will garner similar results for Martin & Bryson and similar results for Butterfield & Blackman.

Bennett is more likely to split opinion.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Starts the 3rd Rowett out poll in a month, now this, come on @Moist One sort it out!

please accept my sincerest apologies. I was in Spain when that was posted and never looked at the forum until about the 11th/12th. Missed it. Feel free to merge/delete/lock as appropriate. I wasn't trying to be a Curtains.

6 minutes ago, Moist One said:

please accept my sincerest apologies. I was in Spain when that was posted and never looked at the forum until about the 11th/12th. Missed it. Feel free to merge/delete/lock as appropriate. I wasn't trying to be a Curtains.

Oh that’s a bit harsh I’ve never started a poll on here ever. 

Assuming Rowett is still in charge then as follows.

Martin out - Has been good in the right formation, not in a Rowett style of play (Would he want to stay on the back of 2 loan years and play for the manager who sent him out last? Knowing he doesn't fit)

Blackman - Tough one. Didn't do it under previous set up, but does he fit the current model? Out for me

Butterfield- Out

Bryson - we need some bite in midfield, maybe give him one season to see if he fits.

Bennett - Young enough to learn and be moulded. Maybe give him a season as well to see if he can break through.

With the current formation, I'd like to try Blackman. Could actually be a more attacking threat than Weimann.

Butters could do a job as DM, especially if Thorne leaves. I'm afraid that's not an option anymore though.

Bennett is a tough one. I'd give him friendlies time to prove himself.

Bryson and Martin, I'd like to keep them but there's no use for them with Rowett

Archived