MULTI-POLL: Returning loan players - do they have a future here?

Mostyn6

Would these players have a future at Derby if it was up to you? (when loans finish)  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Get rid of them all. Save around £5 mil a year on wages. Add to that Olson, Baird, bent and shackell is another £2.5 mil saved on wages alone. Add some quality in key positions and allow a couple of under 23's to step up. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, angieram said:

Breaks my heart to do it, but I voted to let Martin go because I don't want his career to just peter out, which I think it would if he returned to Rowett's Derby.

I only voted to keep Bennett, as injury impeded his chances this season.

The others - too old, too much bad blood and too little to offer - I will leave you to guess which is which! 

I'm gonna go for Butterfield for all three; too old as he hobbles about the pitch slower than my gran, too much bad blood as he came out with those comments after he left, and too little to offer as quite frankly he's rubbish.

Voted to let them all go ,, prepared to be swayed on one more season for Bennet to prove himself ,, the rest have had their time and for one reason or another it’s gone ,,, as an earlier poster pointed out ,if Bryson wasn’t ours and rowett went in to sign him there would be uproar about old player stuff so let him go

18 hours ago, rynny said:

So you think 5 league starts for us is enough to say Bennett isn't good enough? And because when he was 17-18 he didn't make enough of an impact (for you) when out on loan? You've lost patience with a youth team player because he made his debut at 15, and now he that he is 21 and he is still developing you don't think he will be good enough. 

He's currently tracking at one in twelve at all levels, does not seem to have been able to impress numerous managers to even get a place as an impact sub. He's scored 1 in 35 for Derby (admittedly a lot of those are off the bench). I don't have a vendetta against the guy, I just don't see him being able to push through.

A few years ago many were screaming that we should be giving Callum Ball more game time, he scored a total of six career goals after moving on and is now at Stamford. Fans miss so much that goes on off the field - I'm one of them of course - but I will be amazed to be proven wrong on Bennett.

In my view he just isn't good enough.

What’s the rules on returning loan players being used for playoffs? I’d be tempted to get Bryson back for a bit of energy in midfield even if off the bench. 

Edit: just jinxed us congratulations to Barnsley on the 1-0 win and last day survival. 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

What’s the rules on returning loan players being used for playoffs? I’d be tempted to get Bryson back for a bit of energy in midfield even if off the bench. 

Edit: just jinxed us congratulations to Barnsley on the 1-0 win and last day survival. 

They are season loans. Every season long loan runs until the last ball is kicked in the last game of the season, which is the play off final. So sorry, no Bryson

23 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

If we are saying let Martin go, which would be sad but possibly is time...How much would we be looking at. He has a great record in this league and I hope we don't sell for pennies.

£2.5m? Bench warmer at Reading, hardly played for Derby this season, on loan previously. Maybe stretch to £3m if we can?

Martin - needs to move on. Clearly a good player who can deliver but his time at Derby has gone and doesnt suit current systems. Sell and get a few quid. £4m.

Blackman - looked at awful player previously. Has he been given a proper chance ? Has he done well abroad ? Could he fit in to the style here ? Might be worth taking a punt on as unlikely to generate much sales interest or lolly. Keep

Butterfield - doesnt have the heart or physicality to be anything other than a liability at this level.Needs to be a big fish in a very small pool. Take a hit and move him on. Sell. Might get a couple of mill. £2m. Out of contract next year so need to cash in now.

Bryson - wonderful servant but yesterdays man now. Sell. £1m Out of contract next year so need to cash in now.

Bennett - been here too long, never really delivered, very unlucky (injury prone ?) , needs to move. Fresh challenge etc. Let go for nothing.

Baird - done great for us but needs to be let go now

Bent - as above

Shackell - let go 

Roos - let go , Mitchell is here

Others to move on , entering last year of contract, so time to cash in :

Olsson - found wanting despite many chances especially recently

Johnson - hard to justify keeping a player without a football brain who is seemingly incapable of  passing  that round thing to a team mate 

13 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

Voted Bryson in......the rest out.

Martin will be the hardest to sell despite how highly some fans seem to rate him. His wages means he will be sitting on the bench next year for us.

Even though I voted to get rid It's a pity he wasn't an option on our bench this year. 

4 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

Isnt the fact that GR sent them out on loan kinda suggests he wants rid he might need to have the football equivalent of a fire sale

In the case of Bryson and Martin it was down to not being able to offer them enough games (so said GR, who we all know talks the talk!)...

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In the case of Bryson and Martin it was down to not being able to offer them enough games (so said GR, who we all know talks the talk!)...

another opportunity to have a dig at GR(???THE RANTINGS OF A BITTER MAN BEST LET IT GO BEFORE IT DESTROYS YOU)the same scenario still exists or did that fact get in the way?

Archived