MULTI-POLL: Returning loan players - do they have a future here?

Mostyn6

Would these players have a future at Derby if it was up to you? (when loans finish)  

327 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What facts? That fact that GR says one thing and does another? ?

the fact quoted by your esteemed self regards to playing time i just wish this forum had the facility to ignore but still i like a good debate particularly one i have no danger of losing

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

the fact quoted by your esteemed self regards to playing time i just wish this forum had the facility to ignore but still i like a good debate particularly one i have no danger of losing

Lol. I don't imagine any of the squad believes what comes out of Rowetts mouth. I imagine Martin, Bryson, Butterfield, Nugent (?), Vydra, et al know which way the land lies...

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. I don't imagine any of the squad believes what comes out of Rowetts mouth. I imagine Martin, Bryson, Butterfield, Nugent (?), Vydra, et al know which way the land lies...

by land lies should i read if they dont perform they dont play isnt that how all good manages manage even the dear departed NC and his father before him who also was a manager able to talk the talk when needed  i think thats now 3 nil in my favour think i mioght send you out on loan to the trees board

1 hour ago, TommyPowel said:

This forum does have an ignore user feature, look in your user panel thingy bob.

Youre welcome.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

This forum does have an ignore user feature, look in your user panel thingy bob.

Youre welcome.

I don't hold out much hope, he can't find a full stop on a keyboard.

30 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I don't hold out much hope, he can't find a full stop on a keyboard.

No shift key either.

Probably the stupidest poll ever. We can’t let players go who have lucrative contracts and have less talent than said contracts deserves. We would have sold them if anyone other than Derby would be stupid enough to buy them. The best case scenario is we loan them out for a decent % of their wage, thus losing less. I may rate a few of them (1 highly) but Gary doesn’t. If we are stuck with him for another season, as seems certain. All those players will be treading water until their contracts end. 

On 01/05/2018 at 15:20, Ambitious said:

Based on how we currently play: Blackman, Bryson & Bennett. 

Martin doesn't/can't play that number 9 role, he doesn't run the channels and we very rarely (if ever) play the ball into the feet of the striker which is the only way you would get the best out of him. He's without question one of the most talented players I've ever seen at Derby, but he's also one of the most one dimensional players I've ever seen. period.

Butterfield should probably join Clement at Reading and he'd be firing them in again. 

I never understood the abuse of Blackman, he's definitely no worse than Weimann. 

This.

Well apart from period at the end of a sentence. No English person should ever do that. Period.

21 hours ago, VulcanRam said:

£2.5m? Bench warmer at Reading, hardly played for Derby this season, on loan previously. Maybe stretch to £3m if we can?

I think we would be happy and fortunate to get upwards of £2m based on his performances and goals over the last 2 years or so, and yes there may be all sorts of reasons, but in the end I would be happy to accept £2m and more importantly remove him from our wages.

Also I think we at Derby need him to leave the building, he HAS been a fantastic player for us (Under MAC) but for his and our progression he needs to go (on a permanent deal)

1 hour ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I think we would be happy and fortunate to get upwards of £2m based on his performances and goals over the last 2 years or so, and yes there may be all sorts of reasons, but in the end I would be happy to accept £2m and more importantly remove him from our wages.

Also I think we at Derby need him to leave the building, he HAS been a fantastic player for us (Under MAC) but for his and our progression he needs to go (on a permanent deal)

When it comes to the point that we have to ship out, at a bargain basement price, a good player like Martin. It tells you all you need to know about Derby and nothing about the player.

19 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah, that's not true. Surely if this was the case they would have downed tools like we have seen under previous management.

19 hours ago, Boycie said:

Youre welcome.

Unfortunately, it's much-needed if you want to stay optimistic and not suicidal like some contributors.

The only definite yes for me is Martin. He’s still the best striker on our books, and did what Vydra is being so highly praised for three seasons running, plus having more to his game. To say he doesn’t ‘fit the system’ is an indictment of the manager, not the player; anyone who cannot make use of his obvious talent should not be coaching Derby. 

Bryson, I was in two minds over, as he may be past his best, but I’d try to get another season out of him. 

Butterfield may have untapped potential, but he doesn’t want to be here, so goodbye. 

Bennett, I’ve never thought was good enough for this level. 

Blackman was a flop the first time around and I don’t see what would be different now. 

4 hours ago, Lambchop said:

The only definite yes for me is Martin. He’s still the best striker on our books, and did what Vydra is being so highly praised for three seasons running, plus having more to his game. To say he doesn’t ‘fit the system’ is an indictment of the manager, not the player; anyone who cannot make use of his obvious talent should not be coaching Derby. 

Bryson, I was in two minds over, as he may be past his best, but I’d try to get another season out of him. 

One has played a big part in his current team all but sealing automatic promotion.

The other has failed to nail down in a place that could end up being relegated.

At some point in time people are going to have to realise that there is a reason Martin has not being playing regularly in the last 2 seasons.

7 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

When it comes to the point that we have to ship out, at a bargain basement price, a good player like Martin. It tells you all you need to know about Derby and nothing about the player.

Actually it tells you more about your grasp on economics and his position of strength. He has a long contract on very high wages. Very few clubs in the championship would consider a high transfer fee and high wages. Based on his recent record. As can be seen by the long list wanting to buy (not) or loan (not many) him. I believe in reality. Not your personal pie in the sky. 

Archived