Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Boycie

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

Not the team I'd have started but it's understandable. If we can get a relatively comfortable win without having to think about risking players like Vydra, then that'll be perfect. But as always, when it comes to arguing whether GR has picked the right team or not, hindsight will always win.

Yes I think the only real question mark is Olsson, him and Forsyth kept getting each other's way against Cardiff, it was like playing with two LB's, it really didn't work. Fozzy improved massively after Olsson came off

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I know I’ll be done for moaning but can anybody explain why we’d put Olsson back in? It was pretty obvious against Cardiff Olsson and Forsyth got on top of each other too much against Cardiff, we were far better once Weimann was in that left position and vydra was upfront! Eugh, just wanna see that team again...

Well, we will see but there have been a few days on the training ground since then.

I'm not personally convinced, but I do think it's possible they could have worked on the deficiencies identified.

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Yes I think the only real question mark is Olsson, him and Forsyth kept getting each other's way against Cardiff, it was like playing with two LB's, it really didn't work. Fozzy improved massively after Olsson came off

Indeed. If only there was a way for them to work with someone to improve on this. If only the players had an opportunity to practise.

23 minutes ago, David said:

Wonder away but if we win, Rowett got it right as he did v Warnock when everyone ranted and mocked when the team was announced.

Throwing all eggs into the basket from the off gives us no room to change later on and take advantage of tiring legs. 

Ridiculously hot out there today, saving eggs is sensible, as fans we tend not to be. Let’s see how the 90 minutes goes.

He got lucky v Cardiff. If the penalty had been given 2-0 game over. Having your best player on the pitch isn’t all eggs in 1 basket. It’s just what every other manager would do. 

Just now, Ramarena said:

Agreed, it didn't really work with both of those together, but Cardiff's tactics were spot on in the first half. They kept swinging diagonal balls up high towards the left side of our defence and the two left backs just hindered each other. It's exactly how they got their goal. If Barnsley have prepared properly, they'll look to do the same. I fully expect that GR is wanting to keep things tight until he hears otherwise, the last thing we need is to go 1 down early on. I expect we'll be reactive to results elsewhere rather than proactive, whether that pays off or not is another thing.

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Indeed. If only there was a way for them to work with someone to improve on this. If only the players had an opportunity to practise.

Well they do get that opportunity so we will see if they've learned anything 

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

He got lucky v Cardiff. If the penalty had been given 2-0 game over. Having your best player on the pitch isn’t all eggs in 1 basket. It’s just what every other manager would do. 

Is that why Grabban is on the bench as well today? 

Ok I’ve sorted my afternoon. Derby win, I’m out sinking ale to ‘celebrate’ sort of. Draw, ditto, defeat, I’m out drowning my sorrows. Win win situation you see with the beer.?

Archived