Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, David said:

It’s not double standards, just a difference in opinion in how to get that win. 

Same line up what we saw v Cardiff, today the subs will be even more important with the heat. 

Hour in, seeing a fresh Vydra coming on that’s been sat in the shade is the last thing Barnsley will want to see.

We’ll see if it works, it has before, but double standards it’s not.

It may well work but I wonder if Barnsley drop their top scorer and player of the year and put him on after 60 minutes?

Anyway, to more serious issues. My commentary ain’t working for RD. just got a ‘spinning wheel’ of nowt on the screen! Anyone else having problems?

Trying hard to understand..... trying hard not to care.... sod it. Going for a pint and leaving my phone at home.

15 minutes ago, David said:

It’s not double standards, just a difference in opinion in how to get that win. 

Same line up what we saw v Cardiff, today the subs will be even more important with the heat. 

Hour in, seeing a fresh Vydra coming on that’s been sat in the shade is the last thing Barnsley will want to see.

We’ll see if it works, it has before, but double standards it’s not.

Fair enough. Hopefully we get the win, he shows me up to be an idiot and we all end up happy. 

5 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

It may well work but I wonder if Barnsley drop their top scorer and player of the year and put him on after 60 minutes?

Wonder away but if we win, Rowett got it right as he did v Warnock when everyone ranted and mocked when the team was announced.

Throwing all eggs into the basket from the off gives us no room to change later on and take advantage of tiring legs. 

Ridiculously hot out there today, saving eggs is sensible, as fans we tend not to be. Let’s see how the 90 minutes goes.

1 minute ago, David said:

Wonder away but if we win, Rowett got it right as he did v Warnock when everyone ranted and mocked when the team was announced.

Throwing all eggs into the basket from the off gives us no room to change later on and take advantage of tiring legs. 

Ridiculously hot out there today, saving eggs is sensible.

Confusing.

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

Trying hard to understand..... trying hard not to care

It's easy Eddie - we're expecting an onslaught from a team scrapping for their lives. So we defend and absorb for 60 mins until they're cream crackered and sunstroked. Then we bring on the big guns and go for the win. 

I'm on board with the plan! Enjoy your pint safe in the knowledge that the play offs await ?

PistoldPete2
4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

How do people get through an average day with their knees jerking so much?

Jerking is good for you. And I should know.

1 minute ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

I’m trying but my RD is knackered.

Will need forum updates to survive!

How are you trying to listen? Working through the clubs site, was listening on the RD site earlier as well fine but that will go off when the game starts

Not the team I'd have started but it's understandable. If we can get a relatively comfortable win without having to think about risking players like Vydra, then that'll be perfect. But as always, when it comes to arguing whether GR has picked the right team or not, hindsight will always win.

Archived