Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I’ll be done for moaning but can anybody explain why we’d put Olsson back in? It was pretty obvious against Cardiff Olsson and Forsyth got on top of each other too much against Cardiff, we were far better once Weimann was in that left position and vydra was upfront! Eugh, just wanna see that team again...

The same team that was poor for 60 minutes against Cardiff before GR had any balls to change it.

So disappointing. Should be enough to get us over the line but it's a shocking team. Rewarding failure and penalising success.

This is what annoys me about Rowett. He publicly says we plan on planning to win and then selects a defensive minded line up. If this group lets a goal in, then we have to rely on substitutions etc. This is just really infuriating. It is Barnsley and we are at home. Rowett should not have said he is playing for the win. Then I would be okay with this. It is the double standards in what he says publicly and what he does come matchday that frustrate me.

4 minutes ago, SilentRam said:

This is what annoys me about Rowett. He publicly says we plan on planning to win and then selects a defensive minded line up. If this group lets a goal in, then we have to rely on substitutions etc. This is just really infuriating. It is Barnsley and we are at home. Rowett should not have said he is playing for the win. Then I would be okay with this. It is the double standards in what he says publicly and what he does come matchday that frustrate me.

It’s not double standards, just a difference in opinion in how to get that win. 

Same line up what we saw v Cardiff, today the subs will be even more important with the heat. 

Hour in, seeing a fresh Vydra coming on that’s been sat in the shade is the last thing Barnsley will want to see.

We’ll see if it works, it has before, but double standards it’s not.

Archived