Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Boycie

On 30/04/2018 at 14:23, Owd miner said:

Im thinkin o firing bbq up at T’wekend . Our Hilda ( mark 3 ) wants ta know numbers ... fer butchers so she can get sum sausages in from Iceland ... 

You're a bit of a slave driver. Sending her all the way there just for some sausage, she might get to see the northern lights!

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling more calm now. The first of 3 'escalating in pressure' ties.

If we fall at level 1, no way were we going to pass levels 2 and 3. Yes there is pressure...but compared to going away to the 2nd placed team needing a result?...and then playing the winner of the other tie in a £200million game?

Its not a lottery. We need to be able to be able to get a point at home against Barnsley to at least show we have an outside chance when the going gets really hard.

If not, we know there will be big changes. Bring it on....

We need a clear-out. A change of direction. I'm ok with that....maybe Rowett will go, maybe he will be bold and trim the squad. Either way this limping towards the line will be over.

Fwiw I think we will win....and then the tension will really start. Part of me hopes not, its the hope that will ruin you.

32 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Feeling more calm now. The first of 3 'escalating in pressure' ties.

If we fall at level 1, no way were we going to pass levels 2 and 3. Yes there is pressure...but compared to going away to the 2nd placed team needing a result?...and then playing the winner of the other tie in a £200million game?

Its not a lottery. We need to be able to be able to get a point at home against Barnsley to at least show we have an outside chance when the going gets really hard.

If not, we know there will be big changes. Bring it on....

We need a clear-out. A change of direction. I'm ok with that....maybe Rowett will go, maybe he will be bold and trim the squad. Either way this limping towards the line will be over.

Fwiw I think we will win....and then the tension will really start. Part of me hopes not, its the hope that will ruin you.

Never mind needing at least a point against Barnsley to prove we have an outside chance, if we lose we probably won't even get to level 2. I can't see Preston failing to beat Burton.

I desperately want Derby to win on Sunday but I'm not nervous about it for three reasons:

1) I really do think we'll get at least a draw

2) I have very low expectations should we make the play offs anyway

3) I'll be in Tuscany during the semi's and will therefore be suitably distracted. Mind you, I'll be back in time should we make the final so, that would be a different story. 

Derby County supporters will be able to read an in-depth and exclusive interview with the club’s Executive Chairman Mel Morris, CBE, in Sunday’s latest instalment of The Ram.

Spanning over eight pages, and split over three defining topics, the club’s owner gave us his thoughts on the 2017/18 season, discusses his relationship with Gary Rowett, the future model of the football club, the progress of the Academy and the work that will take place this summer.

More: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/amp/news/2018/05/read-our-exclusive-interview-with-mel-morris-in-the-ram?__twitter_impression=true

1. Its been a great season of ups and downs during a period of transition. promotion was not the priority.

2. I get on great with Gary. He is very honest and works incredibly hard. So so hard. We are learning together...did i tell you how hard he works?

3. Regardless of how this season finishes. Work for next season begins immediately. We will not be investing hugely but it will be an exciting summer so get yer season tickets early.

There you go. No need to buy it. Save yourself £3

On 3 May 2018 at 00:07, Ramarena said:

You're a bit of a slave driver. Sending her all the way there just for some sausage, she might get to see the northern lights!

Never mind Iceland being too far away, so is Aberdeen, even though there's plenty of sausage and northern lights!

Up the slave drivers and dolly the sheep!

Sith Happens
31 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Hope we are able to watch this on Rams TV, anyone in the US have any info please ?

Its not on Sky so I think you will be ok.

Archived