Derby County F.C. v Barnsley F.C.

Boycie

Carson

Keogh Davies Forsyth 

Wisdom Huddlestone Palmer Weimann

Vydra Lawrence

Jerome

FFS DO NOT SIT BACK AND TRY AND NAB A POINT! Barnsley will be desperate for everything and that will end in disaster. Go out with the intent to win the game, but try and control it rather than forcing passes that aren’t there. That way we won’t put ourselves under so much pressure, which we know we’ve never been very good under!

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fancy us to win this. By all accounts, Barnsley are in wretched form on the road. Early goal and we should be good for at least the point we need. I hope we don’t relegate them though. It’s a terrific away trip should we not get promoted, much rather Reading were the ones to drop, an absolute nothing club.

4 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

I agree except for the ‘on the break’ bit, just keep hitting them.

Ref might stop the contest.

17 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Im thinkin o firing bbq up at T’wekend . Our Hilda ( mark 3 ) wants ta know numbers ... fer butchers so she can get sum sausages in from Iceland ... 

So when people say that the players should run through Walls for the club, you were thinking pork and beef rather than the final promotion push?

Carson

Keogh    Huddlestone   Davies

Wisdom    Thorne     Johnson     Forsyth

Lawrence     Vydra

Jerome or Weimann 

2 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

Carson

Keogh    Huddlestone   Davies

Wisdom    Thorne     Johnson     Forsyth

Lawrence     Vydra

Jerome or Weimann 

I've always thought it would be interesting to see Weimann in the striker role - probably never happen though..

Carson

Keogh Davies Pearce/Fozzy

Wisdom Huddlestone Johnson Weimann 

Lawrence Vydra 

Jerome 

Really hope Vydra starts and can grab a couple goals to seal the golden boot. Amazing what a few weeks can do for your mood in football. I was so angry after the Wolves and Burton games yet now have the excitement/butterflies back for this Sunday! Really looking forward to it and hope we can generate the atmosphere we had for the Cardiff game! Not had an atmosphere like that in my memory since the Southampton home leg under Billy Kranky! 

3-0 Vydra, Jerome, Lawrence 

COYR 

PistoldPete2
22 hours ago, Owd miner said:

Im thinkin o firing bbq up at T’wekend . Our Hilda ( mark 3 ) wants ta know numbers ... fer butchers so she can get sum sausages in from Iceland ... 

Sorry, count me out Owd miner, I'm planning some sausage-related activity of my own, especially if we win on Sunday.

6 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Burton don’t seem to share the love when it comes to Derby, so I’m told

I wondered about this - if it was the other way round, would Burton fans want to help Derby out or relegate us? I bet they'd want to relegate us. Tossers.

34 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I wondered about this - if it was the other way round, would Burton fans want to help Derby out or relegate us? I bet they'd want to relegate us. Tossers.

Probably, but its a bit like the England/Scotland thing, we're the big boy and can afford the generosity and paternalism whilst they can rage against the situation as the wee man and celebrate their small victories.

5 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

I've always thought it would be interesting to see Weimann in the striker role - probably never happen though..

Nowhere near clinical enough for me mate.  Shame as he’s got the pace.

PistoldPete2
19 hours ago, Kinder said:

Nowhere near clinical enough for me mate.  Shame as he’s got the pace.

His best game was against Hull in the plays offs before he got injured. hopefully he will provide more of the same, and not get injured.

PistoldPete2

Any chance of Anya getting in the squad for this one? Now we are playing wing backs. 

On 01/05/2018 at 12:52, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I am from Burton originally so I feel a bit of a connection there I think. I certainly don't wish them any ill.

My late uncle followed Burton from their old ground, supported them in a few ways, and had a "box" (im not sure it was an 'actual' box, I dont know if the pirelli has them. I never went with him but my folks did) at the pirelli from its opening until his death. So I certainly have a fondness for Burton.

Most Burton fans are fairly fond of Derby, that I'm aware of, due to common family connections, and the clubs having worked together at times - but some developed a negative attitude towards Derby through the years of "little brother" ties etc. 

I dont why I quoted you Juan, and not one of the people talking about Burton hating us, but I've come this far - im not stopping now. 

In regards to the Barnsley game, I'm nervous af and will continue to be until the final whistle. Despite not actually being all that bothered with whether we finish in the playoffs or not.

Archived