Hotter

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Hotter said:

As I mentioned over 3 years ago now, in fact I was banned at one point for doing so, there's a huge amount of Karma with what is happening at DCFC.....it started with the appointment of Rush, at heart he was just another football agent. The treatment of Clough by Rush and the Club was shocking. I still don't think many on here can see what he was creating, I think I could and can. McClaren just lit the fuse of an unfinished 5 years in the making project. Hence it all moved forward quickly and then suddenly went into reverse equally as quickly. Could Clough have lit the same fuse - I think he could have, but he knew the time was not yet ready. Clough did pretty much the same at Burton - laying the foundations for GR to run with followed by JFH. If I were Mel, I would be doing all I could to get NC to come back. He focused on organic growth, potential, youngsters, lowered the average age, team and work ethic, character.... and pretty much everything else we are lacking right now. I like GR, but I don't believe he has the vision that Clough has / had. Whether or not Clough still has the ambition after the shoddy treatment he suffered, I don't know. But I think he has an ability that has gone unnoticed by most people, including Mel it seems. If I were Mel, I would reluctantly face up to the fact I have blown circa 30 million; offset this against the couple hundred extra million I have made from CC over the same period; tell Clough he has another 4 to 5 years and £10 million a year plus any profit generated from sales, subject to FFP and offer him Rush's 5% for getting us promoted and keeping is there. 

Pathetic . You might have an argument had Clough not been given such a lengthy time as manager before he was sacked. The first MacClaren spell was easily the best football we have seen in recent times and a most welcome change from the tedium that Clough had been serving up.

12 hours ago, Hotter said:

As I mentioned over 3 years ago now, in fact I was banned at one point for doing so, there's a huge amount of Karma with what is happening at DCFC.....it started with the appointment of Rush, at heart he was just another football agent. The treatment of Clough by Rush and the Club was shocking. I still don't think many on here can see what he was creating, I think I could and can. McClaren just lit the fuse of an unfinished 5 years in the making project. Hence it all moved forward quickly and then suddenly went into reverse equally as quickly. Could Clough have lit the same fuse - I think he could have, but he knew the time was not yet ready. Clough did pretty much the same at Burton - laying the foundations for GR to run with followed by JFH. If I were Mel, I would be doing all I could to get NC to come back. He focused on organic growth, potential, youngsters, lowered the average age, team and work ethic, character.... and pretty much everything else we are lacking right now. I like GR, but I don't believe he has the vision that Clough has / had. Whether or not Clough still has the ambition after the shoddy treatment he suffered, I don't know. But I think he has an ability that has gone unnoticed by most people, including Mel it seems. If I were Mel, I would reluctantly face up to the fact I have blown circa 30 million; offset this against the couple hundred extra million I have made from CC over the same period; tell Clough he has another 4 to 5 years and £10 million a year plus any profit generated from sales, subject to FFP and offer him Rush's 5% for getting us promoted and keeping is there. 

Unbelievable Jeff, sorry read the title wrong 

The Mac back ,Martin back ,Bryson back brigade are being very hypocritical in terms of totally rubbishing this o p and his opinion ,, 

he clearly has respect for the job clough did in stabilising the club in very difficult circumstances and building the platform and team that mac1 very much benefited from which mac is very happy to acknowledge that everything was in place for him and I’m guessing that the op feels that clough given time would have challenged for and perhaps won promotion ,,, yes you can say he had lots of time but in fairness how much of that time was needed/spent on sorting out a total mess and finding cheap players that went on to be gems under Mac ,,

fair enough you might disagree but to totally rubbish his opinion and clough come to that is just as daft as those who give no credit at all to Mac or Martin 

I always thought Nigel was a bit badly treated at the end, and that we'd have had a good season with that team and Nigel in 13/14, but that season had a touch of magic about it. Was the best timing years to be a Derby fan.

I do rate Nigel Clough in context quite highly. I think he'd do well at club's who have a limited budget but want a team building over a few seasons.

But let's not get carried away.

Also, note, Nigel did always like to be sure of a player's character before he signed them.

Thanks for all the predictable responses. Clough had DCFC in his heart and soul. 

Bryson, Hendrick, Buxton, Keogh, Martin, Hughes, Russell, Forsyth

Eustace, Barker, Brayford, Fielding, Shackell

How many gems have any of the others since unearthed?

14 minutes ago, Hotter said:

Thanks for all the predictable responses. Clough had DCFC in his heart and soul. 

And he still couldn't get them to play football.

11 minutes ago, Hotter said:

Agree with some of what you are saying Nigel could spot talent in the lower leagues, but Gary is now the manager and will get my backing, when given money to spend the job can get harder, as there is more expectation, anyway do not worry, our next manager will be a forum member known as RoyMac5 , he knows more about football than anybody, and will get us playing like Barcelona, and get us promoted, then we will be in Europe in 2 years time LOL.

46 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Agree with some of what you are saying Nigel could spot talent in the lower leagues, but Gary is now the manager and will get my backing, when given money to spend the job can get harder, as there is more expectation, anyway do not worry, our next manager will be a forum member known as RoyMac5 , he knows more about football than anybody, and will get us playing like Barcelona, and get us promoted, then we will be in Europe in 2 years time LOL.

And he is easily thick skinned enough to not let the fan base trouble him any ,,, yea Roy Mac5 for manager??

4 hours ago, Hotter said:

Are all that lot supposed to be gems? And there was a much longer list of paste.

It seems, from last week's interview, he has more than one club in his heart and soul.

But more importantly, like the current incumbent, he delivered a football style that just bored the fans.

On 17/04/2018 at 21:27, Derby blood said:

And when we get beaten in the champions league final. . . I'm betting some on here will call for his head saying he was fooking useless ?

Archived