Has Rowett lost the dressing room?

RoyMac5

30 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Keep seeing lots of posts saying Rowett has lost the dressing room. What do you all think?

I've been thinking about it. I'm not sure if its true, but if it is how does a manager regain it. But just as bad, if not worse, is the squad itself now divided? Curtis Davies post match comment about 'lack of ambition' in some of the players which can't be coached. Well to me its a different cop out, last week we had the 'didn't play well' this week 'some aren't trying'. But if its true who is he pointing the finger at?

I hope it's not true otherwise that's it for this group of players and manager. 

I believe that Vydra has been fairly pisssed off all season, despite all his goals. His body language is totally opposed to someone who is enjoying his job. 

It seems that Davies is a trusted pro and is giving his all, hence why Rowett will send him out for interviews and also made him captain. I'm not sure about some of the others. We'll probably never know to be honest,

If a manager is being purposely let down or some players are sabotaging his plans then that's as bad as it gets, regardless of the manager's style. You're paid to get on with it and no-one forces you to work for a particular club / company / organisation. It may be dispiriting to work for certain managers (we've probably all been there at one time I'm sure) but you have to crack on and if nothing improves you can always leave, not wallow and sulk like a child. 

IF any players have turned against the manager, then i'm sure it's not all of them. But it only takes a few to create a toxic atmosphere which then impacts everybody. These things happen in football and it's a sod to sort it out. Look at us in 2007 (sorry) and Sunderland for the last 5+ years. It's no coincidence when these things take grip and manifest. It's ok for the bad apple players as they can booger off but we're stuck with the aftermath.

Anyway, we don't really know either way so hopefully we'll be on the up again soon.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Keogh may be a bad influence or he might be a good influence, but I wouldn't make the claim either way as I'm not close enough to the dressing room to know

I would guess you'd hope your captain was a good influence, and was picked for a good reason. Would Keogh have said what Davies said about players lack of ambition yesterday, which the more I think about it the more it astonishes me. That's Davies who joined us because his missus wanted to move back to the West Midlands! :lol:

I haven’t got a clue whether he’s lost the dressing room or not, I have wondered mind but after wondering if he has, I asked myself would I want to play for him with his football philosophy and the only answer I came up with was not on your life.

Who trains for years and tries to perfect their craft to play like he asks players to play like ?

If you are not willing to take any responsibility for performances ( I don't kick the ball ) and single out players for mistakes after losing games then you can't expect the same players to run through walls for you? 

This is Gary's team and it's no longer playing for him.           

Players aren’t stupid, they will know when someone talks a good game but suspect they know him well enough by now to realise he has little substance to back up his fine oratory. I know they are paid extremely well and should be putting In maximum effort, but there seems  little enjoyment in the way they are playing, mirroring the lethargy in the crowd. Everyone connected with the club, on and off the pitch seem a little flat for want of a better word. I do believe he has lost the respect of the majority of players, if this is the definition of losing the dressing room, then yes I fear he has. Along with myself and a large percentage of our fans 

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Rowett’s been very poor recently but the players aren’t blameless. Many of these players have stopped playing for McClaren, Pearson, Clement, Wassall and now Rowett. The attitude just stinks from top to bottom.

Carson

Wisdom

Pearce Substituted forJerome at 73'minutes

Davies

Baird

Huddlestone

Ledley Substituted for Palmer at 57'minutes

Weimann

Vydra

Lawrence

Nugent

That team is mostly Rowetts choice. How many of them Stopped playing for previous managers then?

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Carson

Wisdom

Davies

Baird

Huddlestone

Weimann

Vydra

Lawrence

Nugent

That team is mostly Rowetts choice. How many of them Stopped playing for previous managers then?

5 of those are Rowett's signings.

Carson and Vydra have been two of our best players this season. 

Nugent and Weimann are two off the hardest working players in the team.

That leaves Baird who is as professional as they come and Pearce who Rowett has preferred over the likes of Keogh.

Who do you want to blame?   

Just now, superfit said:

5 of those are Rowett's signings.

Carson and Vydra have been two of our best players this season. 

Nugent and Weimann are two off the hardest working players in the team.

That leaves Baird who is as professional as they come and Pearce who Rowett has preferred over the likes of Keogh.

Who do you want to blame?   

Rowett.

We’ve needed a proper rebuild for years but we haven’t got it. This isn’t to take away anything for rowetts ineptitude, but there’s players at the club who’ve simply given up playing for various managers and it’s simply wrong. They’re poisoning our club and need to be rid of immediately. Now I can’t say who these players are, I’m not in the dressing room, but Davies comments indicate they certainly are there. Incidentally I’m glad we now have Davies as captain, he’s gained my respect for his comments yesterday admitting that there is a lack of fight within. There were certainly players yesterday who were not working to the Standards that should be expected. Some of this may be down to sheer bewilderment at the tactics being deployed, something I certainly agree on, but there’s no excuse for not working as hard as the opposition. None at all.

Rowett has lost the dressing room, but it’s not just him that should be going, the dressing room should be as well. And I don’t just mean the coat hangers in there, I mean the players who have the mobility about equivalent to them.

During the game yesterday I posted that I think he's lost the dressing room and the players don't look arsed playing for him, but I'm having second thoughts. Regardless of who is in charge, I'd have thought the likelihood that most of them have incentives in their contract to get promotion and the chance to play in the Prem would be enough to motivate them, So I put it down to poor tactics, poor choices from Rowett and low confidence amongst the players. His choices are just inconsistent; some players lose their spot after some poor performances whilst others continue to be picked. He said Pearce has earned his chance, but players like Palmer and Thomas still remain on the bench despite the players ahead of them performing poorly

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Carson

Wisdom

Davies

Baird

Huddlestone

Weimann

Vydra

Lawrence

Nugent

Jerome stopped playing full stop about 3 years ago. At least he should have done 

We’ve been here season after season, different managers, different squads, different owners but no real change.  Perhaps it’s us, the supporters?  I don’t get chance to go to many matches but the ones I do go to I am surrounded by a number of people who appear to actually hate some of our players/owners/managers. Tbh this attitude is mirrored here.  Is it our fault are we getting what we deserve.  I am struggling to find another answer to this annual capitulation.  The fans are the only constant.  We behave like we are Barca with a bad manager and that a tweak will return us to fame and glory, not true.  Perhaps we need a spell of true desperation to reset our agenda.  I will now put on my tin hat, good night from Australia 

I do wonder if some of the players genuinely don’t want us to be promoted. The majority would be sold if we did make it up. And you have to think most would have families settled in the area, they’re sitting on a healthy wage playing championship football. I know it’s part and parcel and players move on throughout their careers. But the complete lack of ambition on the pitch does make me question it. 

Mac 1 we had a hungry young team that unlike the current crop majority would’ve been kept, and you could see the willingness to win in that team. 

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

We’ve been here season after season, different managers, different squads, different owners but no real change.  Perhaps it’s us, the supporters?  I don’t get chance to go to many matches but the ones I do go to I am surrounded by a number of people who appear to actually hate some of our players/owners/managers. Tbh this attitude is mirrored here.  Is it our fault are we getting what we deserve.  I am struggling to find another answer to this annual capitulation.  The fans are the only constant.  We behave like we are Barca with a bad manager and that a tweak will return us to fame and glory, not true.  Perhaps we need a spell of true desperation to reset our agenda.  I will now put on my tin hat, good night from Australia 

Maybe a small minority but not all fans have a sense of entitlement .A lot of us have been supporting Derby through thick and thin for a long time .

I can slag them off on here as much as I like I've earned the right if it's justified ,but I would never do anything than give my 100% support at a match.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Keep seeing lots of posts saying Rowett has lost the dressing room. What do you all think?

I've been thinking about it. I'm not sure if its true, but if it is how does a manager regain it. But just as bad, if not worse, is the squad itself now divided? Curtis Davies post match comment about 'lack of ambition' in some of the players which can't be coached. Well to me its a different cop out, last week we had the 'didn't play well' this week 'some aren't trying'. But if its true who is he pointing the finger at?

If this is true then I suggest that some of the players are to blame. As this was the rumour at least a couple of times in the past couple of years. So again if it is true then wholesale changes would be required to weed out the trouble makers. As manager you have to be a leader and respected . If you have an element of bad eggs then throw them away and get in the fresh.

Only keeping Gary so he can do this other wise bring in a new manager and it might happen again.  (If true that is)

Archived