Has Rowett lost the dressing room?

RoyMac5

Keep seeing lots of posts saying Rowett has lost the dressing room. What do you all think?

I've been thinking about it. I'm not sure if its true, but if it is how does a manager regain it. But just as bad, if not worse, is the squad itself now divided? Curtis Davies post match comment about 'lack of ambition' in some of the players which can't be coached. Well to me its a different cop out, last week we had the 'didn't play well' this week 'some aren't trying'. But if its true who is he pointing the finger at?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The players body language and his interview yesterday suggests there could be something in this, whether he's lost the whole dressing room or just a certain group within is going to determine whether he can turn it around. Lose a small group and it's potentially recoverable. Lose the whole group and your not coming back.

He has in my opinion, I don't think the players enjoy playing his brand of football (if that's what it is).

If you watch when we make a substitution quite often Wisdom stands in amazement when he is told where he is playing, as though Rowett makes it up on the spot.

And poor Palmer, the best number 10 Huddersfield have had and he plays as holding midfielder...Chelsea won't ever trust us with a player again.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He has in my opinion, I don't think the players enjoy playing his brand of football (if that's what it is).

If you watch when we make a substitution quite often Wisdom stands in amazement when he is told where he is playing, as though Rowett makes it up on the spot.

And poor Palmer, the best number 10 Huddersfield have had and he plays as holding midfielder...Chelsea won't ever trust us with a player again.

It could be that Wisdom is a bit thick. He has got previous.

Players ought to be able to adapt but the manager should coach them to be comfortable with it. I suspect we have a team culture where everybody turns up for the bare minimum every day then ***** off to play video games / golf etc. Of course, I have no evidence for this beyond what happens on the pitch.

Clement, Pearson, Rowett, and some could argue Mac v1 all “lost the dressing room”. Seems to be a recurring theme. 

Rowett saw past failures and I actually admired him for trying to address it by clearing out the old guard. Took some balls. Turns out it doesn’t matter who you let go and who you bring in - the culture at Derby’s first team is absolutely rotten. 

In my opinion, the culture of the whole club from top to bottom needs an attitude change. It’s abdolutely critical if we want to succeed. 

Think the team has lost confidence in the manager and each other.Also think it started long ago with players being cleared out and loaned out by a man who is so far up his own ar$e that he will not take responsibility for his own actions.

My club has been decimated by a man who does not know how to handle it.

If you look at the non-verbals {social psychological research claims that 80% of what a person means is encoded non-verbally} and the body language it would seem to me that there is a group malaise within the camp. I think that some of the players no longer “buy in” to the blueprint. Vydra is the obvious one with his fairly unequivocal expressions. 

I was always coached to “make the ball do the work for you”; in Rowettball it’s all about bursting your lungs to catch the ball. An abiding image of mine is Nugent’s puppy dog pace panting heavily with his thumb up having just failed to get on the end of a 45 yard toe punt from Alex Pearce. 

3 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

So that's McClaren, Clement, Pearson, McClaren mk2 and Rowett have all lost the dressing room.

When we people realised the common denominator. It's the players and their attitudes. 

But the squad has pretty much completely changed since mac1. Our biggest downfall has always been the transfer policy, we’ve not brought in the right kind of characters. Hate the way our squad has aged with massively over inflated wages. No energy, no hunger, no passion. Need a group of players with something to prove not just players dining out on past half glory’s.

18 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

So that's McClaren, Clement, Pearson, McClaren mk2 and Rowett have all lost the dressing room.

When we people realised the common denominator. It's the players and their attitudes. 

Are these the same players then? 

I first noticed this at QPR away. It was a dour match and the players did not look like they wanted to be on the pitch.

I think it has been building since Christmas and is obviously not helped by the results. 

I personally think that there might be a little disappointment with the formation and tactics as it must be equally frustrating for defenders and attackers when we cannot keep the ball long enough to give the defence a breather or to give midfield time to get up and support the attack. 

I have no clear evidence to support this, only the instinct that the players, like the fans, want us to be given the best possible chance of winning games. 

For what it’s worth, I think there’s probably a small group of Rowett’s favourites where they are fine, know their jobs on and off the pitch and know they will be playing. It’s the rest I’m not too sure about, the players who have been fumbled around positions, in and out of the team, essentially been given the hot/cold approach who I can imagine are pretty unhappy as it stands. Imagine being Palmer, you’d have to wonder what else you have to do to start a game? Or Johnson who can’t get consistent game time, even though he was part of our best run this season? Or Martin, who yes isn’t current here, but was being dropped at any point he got a chance of a consistent run. There are other examples too. I’m not saying it exists, but I can understand the frustration 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

True or false, surely the point is there seems to be unhappy players and/or a clueless manager?

True but some of our fans seem to have an agenda regarding Keogh and his influence without the evidence to back it up. That's what I was referencing!

Keogh may be a bad influence or he might be a good influence, but I wouldn't make the claim either way as I'm not close enough to the dressing room to know

Archived