Fun Make a case for the opposite

archied

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out. I mean in. I mean I dunno.

Can’t keep sacking managers and I feel like our owner is keen for a bit of stability, but we’ve just settled for the wrong one.

I can forgive our playing style if that was a conscious decision made by the club, but as it stands, we play football in the academy, and play results in the first team. No obvious path to the first team for a number of players in the U23 side who play in roles that simply don’t exist in the first team.

Then there’s also the issue of how we’ve inexplicably increased the age of our squad despite making noises that we wanted to reduce it.

In two years’ time, unless something changes, most of our first-team squad will be over 30. And out of contract.

It’s impressive what Rowett has done with the side though. This side isn’t as good as we think, we sold the talented players and we’re left with the water carriers from the McClaren/Clement/Pearson cesspit and getting these lot in the top 6 is a genuine achievement.

Makes me wonder what we’d achieve with a decent side.

Out

I love be out in miserable weather watching even more miserable football as long as our position in the table is good. I'm happy with a manager who talks the talk AND doesn't walk the walk !!! Finally ,for me, the icing on the cake was the inspiring acquisition of Cameron Jerome. 

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In. there's very little sense in the alternative at the minute. 

you know what, fuckit, im not bothered anymore, sack him, keep him, it'l likely be the same old ***** that carries on until something big changes, which will probably be by accident. bored of us now. bored of the team, bored of the club. give us a shout when we're eiher flying or drowned, because this treading water nonsense is too much. burton doing the double over us. jesus wept. 

32 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

you know what, fuckit, im not bothered anymore, sack him, keep him, it'l likely be the same old ***** that carries on until something big changes, which will probably be by accident

No accident. We appointed Burley and Billy cos they were good. We appointed Mac and Pearson for the same reason. Why did Mel appoint Rowett?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No accident. We appointed Burley and Billy cos they were good. We appointed Mac and Pearson for the same reason. Why did Mel appoint Rowett?

I dont think our problems are just managerial,we seem like a headcase of a club, but then, i dont know anything about what goes on behind the scenes. I've fond memories from the Burley days though. Anything and everything after our cosmopolitain years with Smith and Mac was going feel abit inferior. and there were some rubbish bits, Billy i'd place there to be honest, play off final or not, but Burley's teams I quite fancied.   

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

you know what, fuckit, im not bothered anymore, sack him, keep him, it'l likely be the same old ***** that carries on until something big changes, which will probably be by accident. bored of us now. bored of the team, bored of the club. give us a shout when we're eiher flying or drowned, because this treading water nonsense is too much. burton doing the double over us. jesus wept. 

We beat them at home...

14 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

GRexit.

Behave. We are currently in 7th with a chance of a play-off place and we’d have taken that at the start of the season...

Probably, yes. we'd have taken that at the start of the season.

If you'd said that we'd achieve it by playing ****, defensive anti-football though, then no, i don't think id have settled for it.

Archived