Why do Derby fans not want to give Rowett time

Curtains

Rowett has been given a chance by Mel.

He had a huge task to achieve anything this season while simultaneously having a go at trimming the squad. 

He has been trying to trash the football style established by Maclaren, but which failed to deliver us promotion. He hasn't pulled off the transfers to replace the team with anything close to a watchable new style. 

Losing Sam Rush was probably good for the club but it left a vacuum. Rowett was expected to do the hands on transfer dealings. Both transfer windows were poor. Pulling off the Cleverly signing, initially transformed our season.

Losing Johnny Russell at the last minute and then Winnall's injury were both massive blows. 

The team overperformed to get us into the top two. We peaked back in December. Part of it was Cleverly playing for a new contract. We were on a great run. Confidence was flowing. But it wasn't to last. The soft underbelly of the team was back. Terrible couple of months from February onwards. 

Rowett has now probably lost the majority of the fanbase. 

He's made loads of blunders. Derby's fanbase have been used to Mel pulling the trigger and it's got us nowhere. 

Rowett deserves another season to put his team together. We might even scrape back into the play offs this year which would be an achievement from our current position with the tough games we have left. 

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Is it though?

Yes, come on cause it is. It’s ok to say it, they won’t take your ticket off you. Do you think they are better than the players I listed ?

In answer to the original question, it's because much of our fanbase appears to be made up of a load of impatient, whinging, whining, petulant children with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement. They want success and they want it NOW, and if they don't get what they want, they're gonna chuck their toys and scweem and scweem until they're sick.

Just now, Grimbeard said:

In answer to the original question, it's because much of our fanbase appears to be made up of a load of impatient, whinging, whining, petulant children with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement. They want success and they want it NOW, and if they don't get what they want, they're gonna chuck their toys and scweem and scweem until they're sick.

Clearly don't read the forum or watch the football. What a load of *****. 

43 minutes ago, Stimacked said:

Rowett deserves another season to put his team together. We might even scrape back into the play offs this year which would be an achievement from our current position with the tough games we have left. 

No he doesn't. The football is horrendous - its horrible industrial hoofball and it isn't working anymore. His transfer  dealings have been crap - sold our best midfielder and best winger and replaced them with what? He only knows one way to play and its been sussed out. Why should he get another season when better managers than him were sacked by Mel for less? I don't trust him to spend our football clubs resources properly so no way should be get another season. If he does we'll be bottom half with Pride Park a third empty every game. He is an empty vessel; all flash clothes and fancy talk but essentially clueless. 

5 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

People pay hundreds of pounds on tickets and travel to watch the club. They should be able to enjoy it, and be proud of the team. Currently, they're not in parts. Why are you taking the moral high ground here? Are we not allowed to voice our opinion? Or is it because I'm a petulant child that Rowett's football makes me wanna do something else instead? Really strengthens your argument when you patronise the other side and call them children.

21 hours ago, RamNut said:

Maybe.

I was judging by the posts on here and i tried to assess the camps based on posts and likes - see below.

i'm bound to have got a few wrong. 

For: 36

NoLoRam, simsy, dr gonzo, cosmic, oohmarkwright, wolfie, bathram, tedmcminn, juanflo, kennington, kcg, curtains, raba, jono, carnero, bramcote,  archied, clarke, norman, radio, tamworth, hantsram, toddy, jg400, aries, redsox, paul71, kingsy, tibbs, admira, shipley, loki, derbyblood, jeger, mafia, david, 

Till jan2029  17? Less than totally committed.

MikeS, Mick Brolly, r_wilcockson, ramarena, TexasRam, angieram, BarrowRam, Carnero, CHCDerby,ReY, Papahet, lrm14, ilson, troy, brady, podgy, cwc

out 36

derbydaz22, rammieib, edtheram, bazal77, roymac, belper, kash, jay, doodle,  abu, indy, andicis, horsforth, adamram, ella, brighton, Steve How Hard., Dordogne-Ram, Pearl, RaM, superzaK, oldtimer, kingkevin, 1967, rosyth, crossword, curb, derbylad, wixman, alpha, angry, drbee, timbuck, revel, lambchop, ramnut

P.s. Carnero is in twice.

I wonder if much has changed...

PistoldPete2
3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I keep refreshing the page hoping to see the 'Rowett Gone' thread.

yes im surprised it's taken this long. As Mel likes to get into the dressing room, he could have been waiting there to give him his P45 at the final whistle. 

20 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

So so very wrong.

Just want my team to look like they have some plan, some tactical nous that says you can see the players gave their best but came up short. That they really want to win and put a shift in that shows a willingness to try.

Id rather see the under 23’s have played today and I’d have stayed until the end and applauded them if we have been 5 or 6 down, so long as there was a plan and they appeared to be trying. Sadly neither was in evidence much today.

Felt totally dispirited watching that and I’m one of the biggest happy clappers around, but this one got to me today. Probably because I was with the Burton fans and listened to them ripping us to all game, it was embarrassing today.

Need a big drink to feel better and get over this, but I’ll be there next week, don’t expect us to go up, but I’ll be willing we make the play offs at least. If we don’t fair do’s but at least give it a trucking go.

20 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Boom ‘entitlement’ I knew someone would make a fool of themselves.. Way to go Grim.

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I keep refreshing the page hoping to see the 'Rowett Gone' thread.

So do I.

It’ll be a relief now; that moment when you realise it’s finally over, and you don’t have to fake enthusiasm any longer. 

The penny finally dropped with me when listening to the Paul Peschisolido interview on the excellent @Steve Bloomer's Washing podcast.

Paul described the poor run of form before he was sacked as manager of Burton with GR as his assistant. GR kept telling him to go more direct but PP decided he would go down in flames trying to get the players to play football. This seems to fit with what we see at Derby now with the hopeful long balls hoofed forward to attackers well outnumbered as GR's preferred style of play.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

yes im surprised it's taken this long. As Mel likes to get into the dressing room, he could have been waiting there to give him his P45 at the final whistle. 

To be fair I started a Rowett Gone/Rowett Out thread in September (in jest admittedly).

3 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Rowett at the end of the season guaranteed that this term we wouldn't see a Derby team who would be outfought or outbattled...once again, it was all talk 

Where are all the posters who were telling the few of us that the 'bottling' was over under the Great Rowett?! What a fooking joke. 

Archived