PL & Championship Safe Standing Petition

jagerbob

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/04/2018 at 18:08, reveldevil said:

Now let's get started on bringing back alcohol during matches.

Like they have in rugby, cricket, tennis, and every other spectator sport and event in this country.

Interestingly, Twickenham are now looking at having alcohol free areas in the ground after receiving complaints about people drinking during the game. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

And they wont be bothered to get clued up they will just waffle and say not safe as it doesn't affect the majority of the public school boys who are in positions of power. Basically they are not interested.

At least it is a step in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

At least it is a step in the right direction. 

Not if they don't really approach it seriously, I reckon it'd just sink it and they'd give you the 'we've looked at it already' line for ever more.

Government responded:

The Government believes that all-seater stadia are currently the best means to ensure the safety and security of fans at designated football matches in England and Wales.

The Government thanks all the football supporters who made their views known through this petition.

The Government believes that all-seater stadia are currently the best means to ensure the safety and security of fans at designated football matches in England and Wales, while continuing to work closely with the Sports Grounds Safety Authority and football authorities to consider advances in technology and data that may enhance the existing policy.

A debate in Parliament on this issue has been tabled for 25 June, when the nuances and complexities of sports ground safety will be covered in more detail.

Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport

So, in short, “La la la - the government is not listening!”

31 minutes ago, maydrakin said:

Government responded:

The Government believes that all-seater stadia are currently the best means to ensure the safety and security of fans at designated football matches in England and Wales.

The Government thanks all the football supporters who made their views known through this petition.

The Government believes that all-seater stadia are currently the best means to ensure the safety and security of fans at designated football matches in England and Wales, while continuing to work closely with the Sports Grounds Safety Authority and football authorities to consider advances in technology and data that may enhance the existing policy.

A debate in Parliament on this issue has been tabled for 25 June, when the nuances and complexities of sports ground safety will be covered in more detail.

Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport

So, in short, “La la la - the government is not listening!”

That's exactly what I thought when I had my e-mail, too!

On 04/05/2018 at 08:35, angieram said:

That's exactly what I thought when I had my e-mail, too!

Exactly what I thought too when I got the e-mail.

The ruling elite have always had a dislike of football fans. The Thatcher government did it's hardest to demonize all football fans and bring in compulsory ID cards for anyone attending a football match. It was the same government that allowed the Hillsborough cover up.

• 3 weeks later...

They don't seem to understand that people in certain areas of a ground WILL stand.

So the real question is whether it is safer for these areas to have the rail seating or fixed seating?

We all know the answer to that.

Archived