The Worst Performance

HuddersRam

12 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I remember a 1-4 loss to wolves at home under Gregory being a bit disillusioning.

That Scunthorpe 4-1 when it was absolutely Baltic.

I got engaged to my Mrs the weekend we got tonked by Wolves. Had a couple of nights in the dales and went to the game on the way home. It was indeed terrible and the game wasn’t much better either ? my sons were mascots for the scunny game too. But by far the worst result of all time was the 2-1 loss to Leicester at Wembley. Steve Walsh lived a few doors away from me at the time, oh how I suffered 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen too many bad performances but the pain of 1-4 loss to Sunderland has to be put into context. To me we had an alarming turn around in form not being able to convert draws into wins. This game was the one where we get winning again and back onto some sort of track. We had ducked Cardiff luckily and most of us expect to win this one. We also have two weeks to prepare and we have most of our injuries cleared up. So to lose 1-4 at home, play so abjectly against rock bottom puts this game right up there with the worst in my 48 years watching. 

There have been worse teams, worse players, worse times...but somehow this hurts in a " sinking feeling" sort of way. It's hard to believe in this club right now. THAT is hard. 

Happy Easter everyone...at least we are true fans huh. 

4 1 defeat at home to Scunthorpe will take some beating. The latest shambles comes close. At least the defeat to Scunthorpe turned the tide for Nige. We couldn’t possibly get any lower. 

One shot on target against bottom of the league is depressing though. Thank the lord for Vydra or we’d be close to Burton this season. Vydra has saved Gary Rowett.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Whats our form since Christmas in comparison to the rest of the league?...

Anyone done a table??

I can only imagine we are near the bottom?

Shhh - good job Brentford had a player sent off or we might not have won that one! 

2 minutes ago, WhiteHorseRam said:

My most miserable moment leaving a match ......

http://www.skysports.com/football/derby-vs-norwich/42776

Norwich went on to be promoted with heaps of points. All their away fans turned up in fancy dress and were gloating in an awful Norfolk carrot cruncher kind of a way.

We had Adam Bolder in goal according to Sky Sports, that explains a lot

The worst performance for myself, is when we lost at home to Plymouth in the quarter finals of the FA cup at home, I was a young Derby fan, dreaming of going to a semi final at Villa park or old Trafford, and playing one of the big teams from the top division, that was the most disappointing time in a young Ram fans life, took me years to get over that game, still have not forgiven Steve Cherry for that error he made. LOL.

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If we go to our form from game 32

Screenshot_2018-04-01-13-19-53.png

It's actually not that bad as they've totalled us against 7 games not 8 as for all the other teams apart from Cardiff when the match was postponed but it's still not pretty reading.

20 hours ago, Carnero said:

Play off semi, Derby 0-3 Hull. Bottlejobs. 

Yes that was a bad one, considering the importance of the game, but Steve Bruce being a good manager put out a decent team to do the job on the day. On the other hand, the home thrashing by Sunderland was a more abject performance against a poor side who up until Friday probably believed they were already relegated. We were just pathetic, quite pathetic. 

Archived