The Worst Performance

HuddersRam

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ah wasn’t that the day Wassall said tactics don’t matter when asked why he played 442?

And we wonder why no one comes through the academy..

All I remember is him saying we played really well. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/04/2018 at 09:32, steve brummie said:

We also hold the record for worst losing team in an FA Cup Final but, apart from 1946 that has never stopped us....oh, hang on!

Agree, after that Bury 6-0 thrashing, I burnt me flatcap and broke the wash-board. The shops had also sold out of tripe just to run salt into the wounds. :angry:

I remember a first game of the season, against Stoke a City at home .Apparently it was 2003 and we were in league 1. We got stuffed 0-3 and it has stuck in my mind ever since as one of the worst performances I have witnessed in my 50+ years watching the Rams. 

On 4/1/2018 at 05:27, TimRam said:

Reading 0-3 when all we needed was a point to get into the playoffs a few years ago.

Leeds and Brighton last season. Leeds was only a 1-0 loss but both teams made us look like a sunday pub team...after a big lunch and 10 pints.

Yep, that Reading game and the match at Burton last season.

Both worse than Friday.

On 4/1/2018 at 20:39, Nuwtfly said:

Derby 0 Aston Villa 6

A game that epitomised that Paul Jewell team.

Haven't seen a home atmosphere as toxic as that, and rightly so!

I think I've actually wiped my memory of the Paul Jewell times... I just know it was bad, really bad. 

The worst performance for me was Reading at home, last game of the season. Reading had nothing to play for, their season was over, we needed a point, one point to secure a play off place.

Having quickly gassed myself with a fizzy Carlsberg, made my way to the bottom of the South Stand, wasn’t even chance to shout a Come o....before Appiah put them 1 up. 

We travelled back in silence, still joke to this day how not one word was spoken after let’s go inside the ground. Friday night missus said well at least your speaking to me whilst bashing away at keys on the iPad.

We were expected at a party straight after, mates birthday, stood there licking the top of a Budweiser for what must have been hours, struggling to comprehend what had happened that day. Reading had nothing to play for.

Watched the Norwich v Ipswich semi final in Skeggy, bunch of Norwich fans tanked up singing and watching their side dismantle Ipswich. Nothing special though, swear we would have beaten them.

Sunderland was bad, it was embarrassing given the context but we have a chance to make ammends for it, v Reading that was it, season over. 

Scunthorpe, Crawley, again, embarrassing yes, very, out the cup but it left no real scarring. The Reading thing will pass, we’ve probably had worst games like Brighton away in terms of gutless, weak showings, but it’s what was at stake v Reading so infuriating.

Sith Happens
7 hours ago, curtains said:

5-1 to Tranmere away Oh hang on Igor scored.  

Won the league lol 

No we didn't. 

9 hours ago, David said:

The worst performance for me was Reading at home, last game of the season. Reading had nothing to play for, their season was over, we needed a point, one point to secure a play off place.

I second this. Never have I seen a team play like they could not be bothered about such an important game. Very strange.

On 01/04/2018 at 10:11, SouthStandDan said:

4 1 defeat at home to Scunthorpe will take some beating. The latest shambles comes close. At least the defeat to Scunthorpe turned the tide for Nige. We couldn’t possibly get any lower. 

One shot on target against bottom of the league is depressing though. Thank the lord for Vydra or we’d be close to Burton this season. Vydra has saved Gary Rowett.

You could also argue that Gary Rowett has saved Matej Vydra. 

Or that they've saved each other. 

20 hours ago, plymouthram said:

FA cup final against Bury (we lost 6-0)

I do recall throwing my big wooden rattle in the bin afterwards. My flat cap was also kicked around the floor a bit. I think Bloomer was out injured. The game itself was so one-side. I remember calling Bury "Utter cads and bounders of the highest order". An officer of the law did tell me to "watch my language".

On 3/4/2018 at 04:48, David said:

Having quickly gassed myself with a fizzy Carlsberg, made my way to the bottom of the South Stand, wasn’t even chance to shout a Come o....before Appiah put them 1 up. 

We travelled back in silence, still joke to this day how not one word was spoken after let’s go inside the ground. Friday night missus said well at least your speaking to me whilst bashing away at keys on the iPad.

We were expected at a party straight after, mates birthday, stood there licking the top of a Budweiser for what must have been hours, struggling to comprehend what had happened that day. Reading had nothing to play for.

Watched the Norwich v Ipswich semi final in Skeggy, bunch of Norwich fans tanked up singing and watching their side dismantle Ipswich. Nothing special though, swear we would have beaten them.

Sunderland was bad, it was embarrassing given the context but we have a chance to make ammends for it, v Reading that was it, season over. 

Scunthorpe, Crawley, again, embarrassing yes, very, out the cup but it left no real scarring. The Reading thing will pass, we’ve probably had worst games like Brighton away in terms of gutless, weak showings, but it’s what was at stake v Reading so infuriating.

We didn't even play that bad that day. We were the better team at half-time, as other than Hughes' dodgy backpass which they scored from, they created little else whereas Ince and Bent had decent efforts saved and of course we missed the penalty.

Second half we became ragged chasing the game and more errors gifted them the game.

It wasn't the worst performance ever, nowhere near as a bad a directionless hoofball game under Nigel Pearson where we failed to have a single shot on goal.

Archived