The Worst Performance

HuddersRam

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
On 3 April 2018 at 11:48, David said:

The worst performance for me was Reading at home, last game of the season. Reading had nothing to play for, their season was over, we needed a point, one point to secure a play off place.

Having quickly gassed myself with a fizzy Carlsberg, made my way to the bottom of the South Stand, wasn’t even chance to shout a Come o....before Appiah put them 1 up. 

We travelled back in silence, still joke to this day how not one word was spoken after let’s go inside the ground. Friday night missus said well at least your speaking to me whilst bashing away at keys on the iPad.

We were expected at a party straight after, mates birthday, stood there licking the top of a Budweiser for what must have been hours, struggling to comprehend what had happened that day. Reading had nothing to play for.

Watched the Norwich v Ipswich semi final in Skeggy, bunch of Norwich fans tanked up singing and watching their side dismantle Ipswich. Nothing special though, swear we would have beaten them.

Sunderland was bad, it was embarrassing given the context but we have a chance to make ammends for it, v Reading that was it, season over. 

Scunthorpe, Crawley, again, embarrassing yes, very, out the cup but it left no real scarring. The Reading thing will pass, we’ve probably had worst games like Brighton away in terms of gutless, weak showings, but it’s what was at stake v Reading so infuriating.

Yes reading was a terrible result but not our worst performance. I think reading scored two late goals and we missed a peno. Sunderland is the worst we've played since about the early 1980s I think. 

Archived