Derby County v Cardiff City F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Is that Gary’s plan, so he can call it in hindsight after the game? It’s no use after the game, you’ve gotta get it right before. Maybe that team will astonish me but I’m far from convinced... 

Me either but could surprise us all. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Fxcked it haha second game in a row with 7 defensive outfield players. 

Looking forward to Davies playing upfront from 85 minutes when we’re 2 down...

7? Who's the seventh 

7 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I think he wants to get sacked. I assume he’s had enough, but won’t resign and miss out on a big pay off. So he’s picking the team over the last few games to piss off the entire fan base, the owner and players too. I seriously cannot think of a more logical explanation for this imbeciles team selections

I think you may be right

6 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Playing Bogle tonight would have been stupid. Having him make his professional debut in such a big game would have been exceptionally risky, both for us and him.

A gamble yes, stupid is perhaps a bit strong.  Ryan Bertrand made his debut in a Champions League final. I wasn’t really recommending it, just hoping for something to surprise me by being different, unpredictable, exciting... adjectives that I haven’t been able to use about Derby for quite a while now.

Sith Happens
Just now, IlsonDerby said:

5 defenders and the holding midfield two are all more defensive minded than attacking... 

Johnson isnt a holding midfielder.

22 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Trying to not make any rash comments but I'm rapidly losing faith.

Need a win tonight and he just won't put out an attacking team.

Still behind him but think he's reached the stage of desperation and any win will be down to luck more than judgement. 

COYR

Well, you can be sure a defeat will be down to lack of judgement, so why not go the whole hog?

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, GenBr said:

We know, but that's where he will be playing for 90% of the game.

Just stating a fact. Johnson is more offensive than defensive. 

No doubt picked to try and link up with the forward line. As you say might not happen.

Archived