18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/04/2018 at 11:05, DCFC1388 said:

Personally think we will maybe get 2-3 players for fee's, 2-3 on free's then a couple of loans, will then use youth.

Personally would like us to try to keep Palmer on loan again, maybe get a winger + striker in on loan, Oli McBurnie would be decent like some mentioned previously.

The likes of Dack, Marriott & Maddison from Peterborough + Jordan Graham are exactly the type of players we should be targetting.

The quality and price of player we look to pay for will depend on who we get rid of. Bryson, Butterfield, Johnson, Olsson, Blackman, Weimann, Pearce, Nugent, Jerome all have 1 year left then Martin + Anya also look out of favour, maybe even Keogh could go this summer. Time to cut our losses on a lot of them but still could get well over 10m for all of them without having to sell someone like Vydra. 

£10m for that lot? I want you to be the next Chancellor of the Exchequer!

16 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Sumat about work permits. Least, that's the impression I got from years of Football Manager :ph34r:

Never played Championship manager in my life. And all of the players quoted hold an EU passport from what I could gather. (For what that might be worth in due course)

Why shouldn’t we be looking at this market?

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Christian Doidge - 25 year old Forest Green striker, a hard working frontman with 49 goals in the last 2 seasons. Was linked to Cardiff in the Jan 18 transfer window. Sounds right up our street.

Sounds a bit Doidgey to me 

If we want to continue playing the 3 4 3 system , which personally I believe we could flourish in . I'd move wisdom into the back 3 then sign 2 flying wing backs , a more of a box to box midfielder and I believe we have a certain hold up style striker on loan that could flourish in a front 3. 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

If we want to continue playing the 3 4 3 system , which personally I believe we could flourish in . I'd move wisdom into the back 3 then sign 2 flying wing backs , a more of a box to box midfielder and I believe we have a certain hold up style striker on loan that could flourish in a front 3. 

Did I miss something? Genuine question, when did we stop playing 4231 or as I put it 42 no one 31 

genuine question - I haven’t seen a change 

Luke Garbutt has been told he can find another club. Everton left back, only 24. Seem to remember he was highly rated a couple of years ago on loan at Fulham. Worth a look at if we can get a cut-price deal? Main issue would be wages but if Everton can pick up some of those?

44 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Yes. The shape looked no different. Forsyth played left back and I won’t be convinced otherwise 

He didn't though ! He played on the left of a back 3. Ollson as a left wing back and Lawrence and Vydra played behind Nugent . Have you ever seen wisdom playing that far up the pitch when playing right full back ? 

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

He didn't though ! He played on the left of a back 3. Ollson as a left wing back and Lawrence and Vydra played behind Nugent . Have you ever seen wisdom playing that far up the pitch when playing right full back ? 

can confirm. Had the formation confirmed to me by an insider

Archived