18/19 Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

Rammed79

On 31/03/2018 at 16:04, Nuwtfly said:

Just having a look at the current squad and wondering who I would like to keep, as well as who I would like to see Derby sell. I’ve crossed through every Derby player I would happily see leave for the right price (or any price in some cases).

GK: Carson, Mitchell, Roos

DEF: Wisdom, Baird, Keogh, Davies, Pearce, Forsyth, Olsson, Lowe

MID: Weimann, Anya, Bennett, Thomas, Johnson, Lawrence, Butterfield, Bryson, Hanson, Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Elsnick, Guy, Blackman.

FOR: Jerome, Nugent, Vydra, Martin.

Pretty depressing process going through that. Looking at it all those names written down like that really does make me wonder how Morris and Rowett can think we have a squad "capable of getting over the line." Some absolute dross in there. 

why would you keep BLACKMAN!!!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appears he's got a very questionable attitude, but wonder if Jack Rodwell would be worth a punt? 

Obviously a long time since he burst on to the scene but was a big talent.

If Rowett backed himself to help him rediscover his potential then could be worth a go.

29 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Appears he's got a very questionable attitude, but wonder if Jack Rodwell would be worth a punt? 

If Rowett backed himself to help him rediscover his potential then could be worth a go.

Gone AWOL, saw a video yesterday of Coleman saying he doesn't know where he is, has no intention of playing for Sunderland and his contract is preventing him from moving on.

One to avoid.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

and pay him 70k a week..no thanks....

3 hours ago, David said:

Gone AWOL, saw a video yesterday of Coleman saying he doesn't know where he is, has no intention of playing for Sunderland and his contract is preventing him from moving on.

One to avoid.

He meant doesn’t know where he is head wise, he’s still turning up for training. 

Although still a player you wouldn’t touch in a million years 

4 hours ago, David said:

One to avoid.

That's where I got the suggestion from.

Don't think the Coleman quote was shown in its full context, he said he knows where he is physically but not mentally.

He also said he wants to play for England again and to do that he must realise he needs a team to springboard him back to the top level.

Think main targets should be a left-footed CB, a right-wing back and an additional attacker, if we want to keep playing 3 at the back.

LCB: Jack O'Connell or Yoann Barbet

RWB: Andy Yiadom (been linked before), or convert Weimann to that position.

AM: Palmer (seems unlikely).

Relatively cheap suggestions assuming we have little money to spend.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That's where I got the suggestion from.

Don't think the Coleman quote was shown in its full context, he said he knows where he is physically but not mentally.

He also said he wants to play for England again and to do that he must realise he needs a team to springboard him back to the top level.

Yeah, another member pointed that earlier. Bit naughty the way the video was clipped.

Still not a player I’d want to touch, one that loses interest when the club needs you the most. Hard to know if he’s had the chance to leave with the Coleman mentioning his contract being an issue. 

7 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, another member pointed that earlier. Bit naughty the way the video was clipped.

Still not a player I’d want to touch, one that loses interest when the club needs you the most. Hard to know if he’s had the chance to leave with the Coleman mentioning his contract being an issue. 

Certainly a player with huge potential and who may be available on the cheap, so I think worth a look. Let's not forget a certain one of our players was refusing to play last season to force a move...

Archived