Must win or must not lose?

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not the best way to respond to a viewpoint you disagree with saul.......there are quite a few on here that aren't keen on Gary's management...but hey,it's a forum for different opinions isn't it?

Or is it now the rowett fan boy club and the rest of us are excluded?

Yes they are the same ones who didn't want Mclaren sacking including you 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sacking rowett following a loss at forest would be the height of stupidity ,I’m willing to bet that if we don’t get promotion this season the club will be / need to be going into a period of getting the finances sorted out ,though probably not on the scale needed when clough junior came in it’s becoming clear that we have had a period of overspending whilst under achieving and it is unsustainable and has to be turned around 

with that view in mind it’s hard to see many better options around than rowett , wassell is the only name I’ve seen put forward in our run of too many draws and a couple of losses and I really don’t see it as an option that would turn out well ,, he plays expansive football with the under 23 s I hear the cry but trying to play expansive football in this division without a very decent spend is not going to turn out well ,

my feeling is that Mel and the club have accepted that we are going to have to have a more patient sensible approach if we are to avoid the risk of financial train crash , it’s now a case of getting the fans to accept that scenario too 

Given the games we have left, I would have thought we must win this one if we have any chance of retaining a play off place come the end of the season. I can't see us getting much out of Wolves, Preston and Villa away and I worry about our points return from Cardiff and Boro at home, so tomorrow is vital.

Quite. Should Boro win today against Barnsley, and I think they’ll do them 3-0, they’ll be on the same points as us and only two goals behind us.

So without trying to put pressure on Rowett or the lads it really is must win for me as you’ve got to fancy Bristol at Burton,that’ll put them only a single point behind us if they do get the win. The only saving grace is Preston have got Fulham at home today which hopefully will keep them in check.

I would rather lose trying to win, than draw trying to avoid defeat.

whatever happened to ambition ?

the club is on its arse due to really poor decision making, and the poorest decision of all is the tactical strategy to sit back, packthe team with dross, and hope to snatch an undeserved winner.

34 minutes ago, RamNut said:

the club is on its arse due to really poor decision making, and the poorest decision of all is the tactical strategy to sit back, packthe team with dross, and hope to snatch an undeserved winner.

We are in the top 6 , we have an owner that has and can invest in us but is also sensible enough to tighten the purse strings when needed rather than hurtle head first into dire straits,we have a young manager that although not to every fans taste is highly regarded as an up and comming manager and we have a good youth set up that is looking to produce in the long term .

the club is on its arse ? Really? 

That statement / valuation of derby county at present is the most ludicrous thing I’ve seen posted in a while and that’s saying something with some of the stuff posted since we had a few draws and a couple of losses 

18 hours ago, Doodle said:

Clever enough to play the same system for the past 6/8 games even though other teams have sussed us out, clever enough to drop the MOTM v reading for the next game. Clever enough to think that a defensive line Up v QPR was a good idea. I don’t want a clever manager because we don’t have one. I just feel we may have a lucky one. I have a feeling, all these injuries are going to force us into changing players and formation. I have a feeling we will be forced into a selection that will sneak a win. No CLEVER about it. 

Really annoys me that every season we are the only team that ever gets 'found out'.

23 other teams in the league and it's only ever our system that managers are capable of 'finding out'. Its really bizarre.

1 hour ago, archied said:

We are in the top 6 , we have an owner that has and can invest in us but is also sensible enough to tighten the purse strings when needed rather than hurtle head first into dire straits,we have a young manager that although not to every fans taste is highly regarded as an up and comming manager and we have a good youth set up that is looking to produce in the long term .

the club is on its arse ? Really? 

That statement / valuation of derby county at present is the most ludicrous thing I’ve seen posted in a while and that’s saying something with some of the stuff posted since we had a few draws and a couple of losses 

We have an owner that inherited a winning hand, the 13-14 wembley team, and has taken us backwards.

we have a team that has taken 13 points from 11 games since the turn of the year. A sustained run of relegation form.

hopefully we beat forest and start to build something worthy of the badge and the tradition of this club, which is to play attacking attractive football, because atm we seem to be nose diving into a decline.

The youth system may or may not deliver, but the decline of the squad will certainly create opportunities for some.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Really annoys me that every season we are the only team that ever gets 'found out'.

23 other teams in the league and it's only ever our system that managers are capable of 'finding out'. Its really bizarre.

The bottom half don’t get found out because they’re too crap to worry about. The top few don’t because they are too good, but since The turn of the year Shef U, Shef W, Millwall, QPR, Reading and Fulham have altered their usual system to play us. If you alter your own system from time to time, it’s much harder to get found out. Gary stated it would be horses for courses regarding formation, yet sticks to the same one regardless. It cannot be right to play 2 DM’s against crap teams, especially at home. Yet perfectly acceptable against better teams. I feel his need not to lose games has hampered our need to win them  of late. 

Remember those far off days ( about 4 weeks ago) when most on here were predicting that Villa v Rams was going to be the promotion decider?Oh well.Tomorrows game? We've gotta just go for it big time..in fact every game until the conclusion.A boring soul destroying defensive must not lose 1-1 draw? Or a fantastic attacking old school Derby and a 4-3 defeat?Let's finish this season with some memorable games with goals and excitement.. hopefully to take into the playoffs.

4 hours ago, RamNut said:

the club is on its arse due to really poor decision making, and the poorest decision of all is the tactical strategy to suve it back, packthe team with dross, and hope to snatch an undeserved winner.

Well you have the right name what more can I say 

49 minutes ago, Doodle said:

The bottom half don’t get found out because they’re too crap to worry about. The top few don’t because they are too good, but since The turn of the year Shef U, Shef W, Millwall, QPR, Reading and Fulham have altered their usual system to play us. If you alter your own system from time to time, it’s much harder to get found out. Gary stated it would be horses for courses regarding formation, yet sticks to the same one regardless. It cannot be right to play 2 DM’s against crap teams, especially at home. Yet perfectly acceptable against better teams. I feel his need not to lose games has hampered our need to win them  of late. 

Fair point.

Archived