Will it be on?

sage

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Derby county supporters come from all over the county generally not to mention those that attend from afar but it is just not safe to travel for many and there is no chance the council will be up for clearing approaches to the ground - it should be postponed and I don’t want pneumonia either

Got to agree much to dangerous they say football is more important than death well not for me thank you 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not able to go to this one anyway so hope it’s postponed so I can get to the rearranged fixture. But less selfishly I hope they call it off tomorrow so people have plenty of notice. It may be reasonable around pride park but it’s certainly not where I live. We’ve not seen a gritter and the road is treacherous 

Let’s get it on and won!!!!  2 days to clear the roads. No significant snow expected before the match.  Railways back on track by then. Get your boots and thermals on. Set out early if in doubt. Just watching Man City rip Arsenal another new one, loads of Man City fans made it down there. If the shandy drinkers from Fulham don’t fancy it, their loss. A bit of snow isn’t dampening my good feeling for this one. Let’s get our momentum back and take it on to next week. 

Can't see it going ahead simply because of the issues getting to and from the stadium. Took 45 mins to get three miles to Pride Park today, mostly because people insist on driving at 5 mph. There weren't even that many cars out and about. Imagine that with several thousand, it'll be chaos, especially when the inevitable accident happens. Roads on Pride Park and around the stadium were not in a good state at 6pm tonight. 

Also, as it's so cold, sitting outside for two hours plus carries a health risk, esp to the young and elderly. And although I class myself as neither, even if it is on, I won't be going, even being outside for 15 mins today I'd frozen my knackers off. No way am I sitting still outside for that amount of time.

2 hours ago, Aries Sun said:

Pride Park has undersoil heating and a completely new heating system in the concourses of the North, East and South stands.

The heating system is one of the first to be introduced to stadia in the UK. M. Morris has invested heavily in the ground.

The issue isn't being in the ground, its outside and getting to and from regards the safety of spectators.

2 hours ago, Aries Sun said:

Pride Park has undersoil heating and a completely new heating system in the concourses of the North, East and South stands.

The heating system is one of the first to be introduced to stadia in the UK. M. Morris has invested heavily in the ground.

But not the West stand, where the fogies sit?

If the game goes ahead, expect some good offers on West Stand season tickets next year.

44 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I am constantly amazed by how a little bit of snow brings the country to a stand still...

A little bit of snow,..........  . we've had nearly an inch in Birmingham! ?

1 hour ago, Dordogne-Ram said:

Six inches on the top of our wheelie bins at present, and -11 degrees C currently.

(Greater Matlock area, not seen a bus on the A6 since mid-afternoon Wednesday, A6 a skating rink north of Bakewell, and Buxton totally cut off earlier today  - no wonder @whaley bridge Ram is concerned!)

It was -27 with a couple of feet of snow when we left Switzerland for Derby for that Forest game...and everything was running normally over there... 

15 hours ago, admira said:

I emailed the club at 9.30 this morning to ask what the position is. No reply as yet.

I've coughed up £40 notes for train tickets so will lose at least £20 of that in 'admin fees' getting a refund.

I can understand why you'd want to know but surely there's no way you'd expect a decision to have been made or in fact any realistic indication at 9:30 on Thursday morning. 

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

It was -27 with a couple of feet of snow when we left Switzerland for Derby for that Forest game...and everything was running normally over there... 

Different country, different infrastructure and different coping mechanisms. I bet they couldn't cope with..     ok so they've got it all over there. 

Got it; at least we don't make triangular chocolate and cheese with holes in! 

The neutral so and so's. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Different country, different infrastructure and different coping mechanisms. I bet they couldn't cope with..     ok so they've got it all over there. 

The neutral so and so's. 

This is true though, people say oh look at such and such they always get loads of snow and cope, but they get ready as they know its coming, we dont know if and when its going to hit, how many years have we had hardly a flake of snow? We can hardly set ourselves up from Beginning of November to end of April just in case we get a few inches of snow.

We just have to try and cope the best we can.

9 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

But I bet any football was off...which is kind of the the point.

Anyway, its -300 with six feet of snow here in Derby, so there.

20 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

The neutral so and so's. 

They can afford it with all those fiddling banks If you want to hide it send it to Switzerland ? 

Archived