Will it be on?

sage

We had a game postponed a few years ago because the surrounding area was snowy/icy.

Could this happen again on Saturday?

Would Vydra still recovering from a knock and Fulham being bang in form mean we have a sudden shortage of grit on Pride Park?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sage said:

We had a game postponed a few years ago because the surrounding area was snowy/icy.

Would Vydra still recovering from a knock and Fulham being bang in form mean we have a sudden shortage of grit on Pride Park?

Dear, oh dear. How could you be so cynical? :)

We are hardened, loyal fans who would walk over broken glass to cheer out team on

But.....We don't want to sit in the cold,

i hope its off.

Sith Happens

The Forest game got called off a few years ago I think in similar circumstances. The pitch was playable but the surrounding area was suffering and not classed as safe.

If our street is anything like it is now come Saturday then I wont be going.

35 minutes ago, sage said:

Wasn't it the Forest match that got postponed? I set off back from Leeds the day before and it was like hitting the speed of light in the Millennium Falcon on the M1 coming back. By kick off time everywhere was ok.

Thing is, unless there's a very early decision to call it off, supporters like me, who travel 100 miles plus each way, will already be en route when a postponement is announced. Get the safety bloke with his 'slipometer' or snow depth measuring stick to get out there tomorrow or before 9am on Saturday cos if I travel for nowt, I'll be submitting my petrol bill to Derby City Council. Hrrrmmph!

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Thing is, unless there's a very early decision to call it off, supporters like me, who travel 100 miles plus each way, will already be en route when a postponement is announced. Get the safety bloke with his 'slipometer' or snow depth measuring stick to get out there tomorrow or before 9am on Saturday cos if I travel for nowt, I'll be submitting my petrol bill to Derby City Council. Hrrrmmph!

Exactly yes, and early decision should be made, Fulham fans will be on there way early. I would say needs a decision Yes or No but 9.00am Saturday as you say.

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Don’t get me started.....!!

the forest game that was called off was pathetic....as is any game that is postponed for Snow, just get the orange ball out and wipe the snow from the pitch markings and off we go. 

agree! use it to our advantage. Stuff Fulham! Let the away end be empty and get on with it. 

22 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Wasn't it the Forest match that got postponed? I set off back from Leeds the day before and it was like hitting the speed of light in the Millennium Falcon on the M1 coming back. By kick off time everywhere was ok.

I see the Gritters out early, we may be ok after all.  

1 hour ago, sage said:

Some fans reckon there's been a shortage of grit for the last month or so

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Don’t get me started.....!!

the forest game that was called off was pathetic....as is any game that is postponed for Snow, just get the orange ball out and wipe the snow from the pitch markings and off we go. 

Worked well for me. I was stuck in bed with a bit of a broken spine but made it to see Bucko's bullet header roll past Lee Camp in the last minute.

Would work well for me this weekend too as, inconsiderately, my lad is being baptised on Saturday into a religion that isn't real (take your pick).

Be better to call it off.

Vydra injured. We're in poor form - lets get some 'easier' games under our belt first. Sessegnon and Mitrovic in form for a team that hasn't lost in 12...

Get it under the lights for a better atmosphere in a few weeks. If its on, it'll be so cold the atmosphere will be dead.

Plus my Sofa looks far more appealing.

21 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Would work well for me this weekend too as, inconsiderately, my lad is being baptised on Saturday into a religion that isn't real (take your pick).

Devout Ramism is the only religion for your son in my humble opinion. Hopefully he'll see the light one day. :thumbsup:

Archived