Will it be on?

sage

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

They can afford it with all those fiddling banks If you want to hide it send it to Switzerland ? 

Exactly, the right wing, insular holey cheese makers  have a lot wealth for just making some poxy clocks and chocs. Hmmm. Allegedly it's nothing to do with snidey financing or stolen gold and such like. 

If it gets called off I doubt it will be the club, I'm sure they'll have the stadium and pitch sorted, it will be the police because of the surrounding paths and roads within a mile of the stadium. Looks a bit brighter today, though more snow forecast here later.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And they are thinking of calling it off for that....? Truly pathetic. 

Who has said they are thinking of it?

The country could make sure it was able to cope with these unusual and extreme weather conditions.  All it would need is millions and millions in investment in people and machinary across the country.  Simple. Of course, that it would sit idle for the vast majority of the time and cost taxpayers millions in maintenance, storage, wages and so on is a small price to pay to ensure that peope who live in countries where this type of weather is a way of life and the norm can't feel superior when the country comes to a halt when such weather hits here.  

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, LazloW said:

The country could make sure it was able to cope with these unusual and extreme weather conditions.  All it would need is millions and millions in investment in people and machinary across the country.  Simple. Of course, that it would sit idle for the vast majority of the time and cost taxpayers millions in maintenance, storage, wages and so on is a small price to pay to ensure that peope who live in countries where this type of weather is a way of life and the norm can't feel superior when the country comes to a halt when such weather hits here.  

Then when we have had 4 winters on the bounce with hardly any snow people would in hindsight criticise the policy just like they do when it does snow.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Then when we have had 4 winters on the bounce with hardly any snow people would in hindsight criticise the policy just like they do when it does snow.

That was my point, yes (but you made it better and more succinctly)

Sith Happens

i would be quite happy anyway for them to call it off. Going to be freezing even if they can play it.

3 hours ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Different country, different infrastructure and different coping mechanisms. I bet they couldn't cope with..     ok so they've got it all over there. 

Got it; at least we don't make triangular chocolate and cheese with holes in! 

The neutral so and so's. 

Bet the can't make Trains Planes and Cars like Derby slightly harder than cuckoo clocks

Archived