What's more frustrating?

JoeDerby

What's more frustrating?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Andicis said:

What is the obsession for ''fan bashing''. If fans want to be negative, it's their prerogative, they pay their money. It annoys me our go to solution to Derby being in a bad spell of form is to turn on other fans, what does the achieve other than division?

Gets you likes on a forum ;)

10 minutes ago, Andicis said:

What is the obsession for ''fan bashing''. If fans want to be negative, it's their prerogative, they pay their money. It annoys me our go to solution to Derby being in a bad spell of form is to turn on other fans, what does the achieve other than division?

I don't even think it's the case, certainly at games.

I think sometimes people, and I'm not singling anyone out btw, read the forum and assume all Derby fans feel the same way, and in the same proportion as the lets face it, hard core DCFC nerds you find on here!

I include myself as a Derby nerd, needless to say, but the people who post on here are a small proportion of Derby fans.

Where I sit, the faces have been same for the last 5 years, the moaners have been the same, as have the clappers through Mac1 to Rowett, regardless of who is in charge, or what's being served up on the field.

Twice in the last 5 years I have lost my patience with the team whilst at a match, Rotherham away under Wassall, and Reading home under Mac.

Wassall I gave a round of ***** to when he came over to applaud the away support, which I regret in hindsight, but anger overtook me.

Reading I threw Mel's free scarf away at the end, petty and pointless.

I've never booed a player or the team in my life, never called anyone crap while at the ground, or mocked a substitution. 

All of these things I will do metaphorically on this forum, after all thats the reason it exists.

It's possible to be the most negative poster, but a positive actual supporter when watching games live, and that seems to be lost on some.

3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It's possible to be the most negative poster, but a positive actual supporter when watching games live, and that seems to be lost on some.

Agreed. After the Wednesday game I was extremely negative on the forum, but at the game I didn't bother booing or abusing the players, I just felt despondent. I'm just sick of people hitting out at the fans, if we want to be negative, who is this guy to tell us we can't? Fans are fickle, it's the nature of the game, I'm sick of self righteous people proclaiming other people aren't proper fans because they don't subscribe to their school of support! The forum has been getting particularly bad for it recently, and at the end of the day, we're all Derby aren't we?

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Do you think those being critical, negative, booing etc are helping the performance of the team and the result of the game?

If the same folk could ignore the money aspect, because the opposing players are on the same kind of money, it's still 11 v 11 and getting behind our 11 and supporting it positively, loudly and proudly or choosing to go against our 11 is the Derby County Supporters choice, but surely the beneficial choice is to help the team we all support instead of choosing to drag it down with negativity.

It's a critical part of the season where fine margins make all the difference and Derby County's 12th man is required to make it proud  and perform to it's maximum. So now is the most important time for the fans to give out there best performance in the stands to push the mighty Derby County on to promotion, not to get nervous, and self destructive, and beating ourselves up, so many have done it before and we have failed to get promotion.

Notts County were getting stuffed at Swansea 8-1 in the FA Cup and were still making all the positive noise, sticking by their team and getting ready for their next game to try and make amends in the league etc.

It's time to smile, without beating anyone in the street when we can be beating any of these Championship teams home or away all working together, with unity.

As GR has said, "you would think we were 4th bottom from what we've heard from some".......

Supporter?.....Help not Hinder.....

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

Are you sure there's nothing you can do
To help someone worse off than you?
Think before you answer, are you sure?
Are you sure?

Are you sure it'll be a waste of time
To stop and let your love light shine?
Are you sure?

Are you sure that it will be in vain
To show some love for your fellow man?
Are you sure?

Are you sure? Are you sure?
Are you sure? Are you sure?
Think about it and be sure
Are you sure?

Are you sure that it's not your place
To help someone whose lost their way?
Are you sure?

Are you sure it's not your concern
When you see a neighbor's home is burned?
Are you sure?

Are you…

I wasn't referring to during the match that's why I said "afterwards" people are entitled to have a critical opinion.

I am sure we've all experienced it before (unfortunately) the all to many false dawns followed crushing disappointments. Periods of high hopes and desperate low's. 

That's what being a Rams fan is all about. We should be use to it by now but some how for no reason we are taken by surprise when it happens.

Chin up boys at least were not in a relegation dog fight, about to go into administration or breaking records for lowest goals scored and points gained.

Remember there's always a bright side although finding it maybe  difficult to find at times. 

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'm not frustrated by either. 

Form will pick up, or it won't.

If we slide out the play off positions it will be a downer, but overall a season (so far) of competing right at the top of the table is a commendable effort, and right at the very top end of expectations.

The fans at PP seem same as ever to me, the mixture of moaners and clappers seems no different, just less of them.

I was definitely a "clapper" for this post :lol:

I think you're spot on - what has I think surprised me most about this season was that originally I expected a long term rebuild job, but what we have got is a rebuild with very much a short term promotion focus.

If we fall short then we might be in for a different or another rebuild. Who knows?

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

For me, the most frustrating thing is those that think our fans are any more or less negative (or the atmosphere is any better or worse) than you see/hear in the majority of other grounds around the country. 

There was a piece on TalkSport this morning about British (home, specifically) fans vs other countries. The comparison being generally unfavourable. Its not at all uniquely a Derby thing. In fact, they couldn't think of a British example of a ground where the crowd consistently and unequivocally support the team.

29 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I was definitely a "clapper" for this post :lol:

I think you're spot on - what has I think surprised me most about this season was that originally I expected a long term rebuild job, but what we have got is a rebuild with very much a short term promotion focus.

If we fall short then we might be in for a different or another rebuild. Who knows?

This, this and this again^.

Mel didn't bring Rowett in to be an improvement on Mac, tinkering and refining the style of play.

He bought him in to radically alter our style of play, probably over the course of a minimum of 4 windows, to eventually achieve the goal of promotion, if his patience lasted, although obviously Mel would quibble at that!

The fact Gary has succeeded in leveraging his squad to compete at the top end so early is probably as much of a surprise to the manager and owner as it is to us fans.

I just hope that if this season ends up with us still in the championship Mel will reflect on a good start to GR's Derby career, and not think about changing course again.

16 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

Attendances in March and April  2014 (the push for promotion):-

8 March 2014    Derby County    0 - 1    Millwall    
Attendance: 22,853

11 March 2014    Derby County    0 - 0    Bolton Wanderers
Attendance: 23,435

22 March 2014    Derby County    5 - 0    Nottingham Forest
Attendance: 33,004

29 March 2014    Derby County    3 - 0    Charlton Athletic
Attendance: 24,429

12 April 2014    Derby County    3 - 1    Huddersfield Town
Attendance: 25,809

21 April 2014    Derby County    2 - 1    Barnsley
Attendance: 26,046

26 April 2014    Derby County    4 - 2    Watford
Attendance: 25,922

Slightly lower than we're getting now.

Average attendance 2014/15,Mac's first full season as head coach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014–15_Derby_County_F.C._season

13 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I don't even think it's the case, certainly at games.

I think sometimes people, and I'm not singling anyone out btw, read the forum and assume all Derby fans feel the same way, and in the same proportion as the lets face it, hard core DCFC nerds you find on here!

I include myself as a Derby nerd, needless to say, but the people who post on here are a small proportion of Derby fans.

Where I sit, the faces have been same for the last 5 years, the moaners have been the same, as have the clappers through Mac1 to Rowett, regardless of who is in charge, or what's being served up on the field.

Twice in the last 5 years I have lost my patience with the team whilst at a match, Rotherham away under Wassall, and Reading home under Mac.

Wassall I gave a round of ***** to when he came over to applaud the away support, which I regret in hindsight, but anger overtook me.

Reading I threw Mel's free scarf away at the end, petty and pointless.

I've never booed a player or the team in my life, never called anyone crap while at the ground, or mocked a substitution. 

All of these things I will do metaphorically on this forum, after all thats the reason it exists.

This may shock you but, if Gandhi had barracked for Derby, your reaction in those two matches would’ve been drowned out by his swearing and cursing at the team.....

20 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

I disagree, the difference in fans and atmosphere from when the 13/14 season to now is huge. That might be down to the style of football we play but the stadium was booming back then 

For some it is far easier to blame fans than criticise a manager who makes 6 changes when it wasn't necessary

It’s got to be recent form that’s more frustrating surely ? I mean, getting the Wednesday manager his first win has got to be careless at best, Wednesday are not all that after all. 

If Rams fans were asked to pick two victories out of away games at Norwich, Leeds and Wednesday, I think most would consider the latter an easier place to pick up three points but six changes ? Of course if we’d won, Rowett would be hailed as a genius by his faithful, but we didn’t, some might say we didn’t even give them a game, hence my choice of recent form as most frustrating.

Besides, anybody that disagrees with me is simply mistaken. :lol:

2 hours ago, DC-1975 said:

The Average attendance was 29,378 for Clement/ Wassall.

The point being made was that fans didn't flock back immediately to watch the McClaren team and as @angieram says it was more on the back of the Wembley trip and the belief that we would be promoted the following season that attendances went up.

I enjoyed Mac1, but there seems to be a few myths developing about that period. 

Bit of guesswork as to the reasons why the attendances went up there dc1975....

Could of been that the fans,having witnessed three quarters of a season of exciting,technically brilliant football,they were looking forwards to more of the same.

But then I'd be equally guilty of guessing the reasons.

We built a team that most fans seemed to identify with once mac1 got them winning.

keogh, buxton, forsyth, hughes, bryson, martin, russell, ward 

of the players who have come in since only carson, davies and vydra have really been a total success

clement, pearson and rowett have all smashed up what they inherited to a greater or lesser degree.

now we've lost that core and its just a squad which is constantly rotated....with a couple of gaps and a few misfits. 

it looks and feels like a team in transition with the wrong age profile.

Despite the success we've had this year, it feels like we need to start again, and that we are just deferring the inevitable.

if we miss out this year then i could see this squad dropping down to midtable.

unfortunately we sold the player that we should be rebuilding around and we need to find a new focus.

I'd put a self-imposed age limit on any new signings if i was Mel.

Archived