What's more frustrating?

JoeDerby

What's more frustrating?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I wasn't really thinking in terms of financially more in terms of not developing and utilising our academy players in the squad in favour of safe old journeymen.....I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what he and Mel stated was their aim.

I think if we weren’t doing well he’d have tried a few by now.At least a few are getting some men’s football now instead of the easygoing U23 games.Looking forward to seeing how Elsnik,Lowe,Vernam and Guy cope.I think the first two could make the step up next season but,only time will tell.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rcarso1 said:

I think if we weren’t doing well he’d have tried a few by now.At least a few are getting some men’s football now instead of the easygoing U23 games.Looking forward to seeing how Elsnik,Lowe,Vernam and Guy cope.I think the first two could make the step up next season but,only time will tell.

I m guessing that they are out on loan with a view towards getting a fast track opinion on whether they are going to be of use to us next season ,,, I’ve seen it said on here that rowett is doing the same as clement in terms of promotion above all else but I’m not sure that Mel and Gary see it that way as if they did I think you may have seen a very different January window ,, now that’s not saying that they don’t care for or don’t want promotion this season but I do think they looked at this season as transition and are looking beyond it if we don’t go up ,also the thing about older player having to be replaced if we don’t go up is a couple of years amiss in my view ,,, there is at least a couple of seasons in hudds ,Davies ,Jerome ,Ledley and that’s just the kind of quality experienced players you want around young players making the step up , i think summer transfer window will be very interesting if we don’t go up ,,, the best sides are the right blend of experience and youth and I think we are looking at whether the youth we have at the club have what it takes to step up and if they do they will be very much in the plans for next season and if not we will be exploring the market for youngsters and players of the 24 to 28 range ,,

could be totally wrong but that’s my gut feeling on it 

5 minutes ago, archied said:

I m guessing that they are out on loan with a view towards getting a fast track opinion on whether they are going to be of use to us next season ,,, I’ve seen it said on here that rowett is doing the same as clement in terms of promotion above all else but I’m not sure that Mel and Gary see it that way as if they did I think you may have seen a very different January window ,, now that’s not saying that they don’t care for or don’t want promotion this season but I do think they looked at this season as transition and are looking beyond it if we don’t go up ,also the thing about older player having to be replaced if we don’t go up is a couple of years amiss in my view ,,, there is at least a couple of seasons in hudds ,Davies ,Jerome ,Ledley and that’s just the kind of quality experienced players you want around young players making the step up , i think summer transfer window will be very interesting if we don’t go up ,,, the best sides are the right blend of experience and youth and I think we are looking at whether the youth we have at the club have what it takes to step up and if they do they will be very much in the plans for next season and if not we will be exploring the market for youngsters and players of the 24 to 28 range ,,

could be totally wrong but that’s my gut feeling on it 

'I do think they looked at this season as transition and are looking beyond if we don't go up'

Sorry, not having a go but I'm not sure about that.

Selling the likes of Hughes, Ince and Christie and spending a chunk of that money on transfer fees, signing-on fees and wages on Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley and Jerome cannot be seen as 'looking beyond' as they will be in the last year of their contracts next season and with no re-sale value given their ages.

25 minutes ago, superfit said:

'I do think they looked at this season as transition and are looking beyond if we don't go up'

Sorry, not having a go but I'm not sure about that.

Selling the likes of Hughes, Ince and Christie and spending a chunk of that money on transfer fees, signing-on fees and wages on Davies, Huddlestone, Ledley and Jerome cannot be seen as 'looking beyond' as they will be in the last year of their contracts next season and with no re-sale value given their ages.

As I say I could be totally wrong and come the end of summer transfer window( if we don’t go up) I could be thinking ffs what the hell are we doing but as I say my gut is they are looking at a 2 to 3 year plan 

5 hours ago, superfit said:

Many supporters will tolerate Rowett's brand of football if the team is winning and the season ends in promotion. Otherwise there's not much to like, negative football with an ageing squad that's not going to improve next season.   

Yes I get why it could be perceived as not being progressive. Same could probably said of Cardiff and Villa. So it's not uncommon in the teams jockeying for promotion. 

Archived