What's more frustrating?

JoeDerby

What's more frustrating?  

140 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm personally very happy with how this season is going.. we have probably over achieved in terms of the turn around we're going through, so I was always expecting a dip in form and I can handle that we aren't going to win every game (unlike some others). What really frustrates me is fans getting on players backs and booing at full time. We are 3rd in the table. I much prefer going to away games where the fans are constantly brilliant. There's a real negative vibe around PP at the moment and it's not what the team deserves.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think people are being too negative I think they are just frustrated that we might throw away our hard work earlier in the season. Everybody wants us to succeed so badly that it comes across as negative. I don't agree with booing anybody but people are entitled to their opinion afterwards and if they want to be critical so be it after all these players are not playing for free if I was getting even a tenth of what they get a week you could beat me in the street and I'd still be smiling.

18 minutes ago, Ram79 said:

I don't think people are being too negative I think they are just frustrated that we might throw away our hard work earlier in the season. Everybody wants us to succeed so badly that it comes across as negative. I don't agree with booing anybody but people are entitled to their opinion afterwards and if they want to be critical so be it after all these players are not playing for free if I was getting even a tenth of what they get a week you could beat me in the street and I'd still be smiling.

Right, think of Palace, who's home fans have a excellent reputation, even when things aren't going there way. They Really are the 12th man when they play at home. Why can't we create this at Derby?

Derby fans are having a negative effect on players rather than a positive..

Fans will always find a way to be negative. Human nature when it’s competitive sport. Think football fans are the most fickle fans ever. On the phone in on talk sport last week there was a moaning Manchester City fan! After one loss some fans call for a manager’s head - Moyes at West Ham for example. 

Leicester fans wanted Ranieri out the yea after winning the league! 

I’m just pleased the moaners who usually sit behind me have buggered off. Three years sick to death of Bloody Dawkins, Bloody Keogh etc

people are passionate about football and losing is painful. 

Personally would be happy with playoffs but would be a shame to miss out on top2. C’est la vie. If I wanted glory I would support whoever is the champions league winner every season! 

12 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

Right, think of Palace, who's home fans have a excellent reputation, even when things aren't going there way. They Really are the 12th man when they play at home. Why can't we create this at Derby?

Derby fans are having a negative effect on players rather than a positive..

The same Palace who have been booing their own player recently?

I'm not frustrated by either. 

Form will pick up, or it won't.

If we slide out the play off positions it will be a downer, but overall a season (so far) of competing right at the top of the table is a commendable effort, and right at the very top end of expectations.

The fans at PP seem same as ever to me, the mixture of moaners and clappers seems no different, just less of them.

25 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

The same Palace who have been booing their own player recently?

They've been superb, it's known that they have fantastic support at home.

The difference is, we are over achieving and they're under achieving and our fans are more fickle than theirs.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

If we slide out the play off positions it will be a downer, but overall a season (so far) of competing right at the top of the table is a commendable effort, and right at the very top end of expectations.

The fans at PP seem same as ever to me, the mixture of moaners and clappers seems no different, just less of them.

Hear! Hear! Sir.

37 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I disagree, the difference in fans and atmosphere from when the 13/14 season to now is huge. That might be down to the style of football we play but the stadium was booming back then 

39 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

I disagree, the difference in fans and atmosphere from when the 13/14 season to now is huge. That might be down to the style of football we play but the stadium was booming back then 

13/14 we just caught fire once Mac walked through the door, with Simmo and Eric in tow. 

Easier to get caught up in good times when they're so unexpected, but this season that's not really the case.

We're maybe slightly ahead of the curve, but not by nearly as much as that season.

Also, while our position is higher than expected, I don't feel our performances are.

It's an odd feeling to look at the league table, and our admittedly great stats, without being overly sure how we've achieved them.

Just my personal opinion.

8 minutes ago, DC-1975 said:

Attendances in March and April  2014 (the push for promotion):-

8 March 2014    Derby County    0 - 1    Millwall    
Attendance: 22,853

11 March 2014    Derby County    0 - 0    Bolton Wanderers
Attendance: 23,435

22 March 2014    Derby County    5 - 0    Nottingham Forest
Attendance: 33,004

29 March 2014    Derby County    3 - 0    Charlton Athletic
Attendance: 24,429

12 April 2014    Derby County    3 - 1    Huddersfield Town
Attendance: 25,809

21 April 2014    Derby County    2 - 1    Barnsley
Attendance: 26,046

26 April 2014    Derby County    4 - 2    Watford
Attendance: 25,922

Slightly lower than we're getting now.

I'm talking about atmosphere, not attendances..

52 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

13/14 we just caught fire once Mac walked through the door, with Simmo and Eric in tow. 

Easier to get caught up in good times when they're so unexpected, but this season that's not really the case.

We're maybe slightly ahead of the curve, but not by nearly as much as that season.

Also, while our position is higher than expected, I don't feel our performances are.

It's an odd feeling to look at the league table, and our admittedly great stats, without being overly sure how we've achieved them.

Just my personal opinion.

I appreciate your opinion, but saddened that you don't think we justify our league position. Whilst we are over performing in terms of a style of play turn around, we have defended phenomenally as a team. Just because we have played free flowing, nice to watch football, we have been hard to beat and clinical. Maybe this is why there's a negativity around the place, our hard work in being a hard team to beat isn't being noticed?

12 minutes ago, JoeDerby said:

I appreciate your opinion, but saddened that you don't think we justify our league position. Whilst we are over performing in terms of a style of play turn around, we have defended phenomenally as a team. Just because we have played free flowing, nice to watch football, we have been hard to beat and clinical. Maybe this is why there's a negativity around the place, our hard work in being a hard team to beat isn't being noticed?

I still enjoy the football most of the time, it's just on the odd occasion recently we've started to look a bit aimless with the long passing, and careless with the short ones.

Coupled with the midfield sitting almost in line with the centre backs it's looking a bit stretched and messy, compared with most performances post Brentford, which I thought were good displays by a well drilled, clinical side who just got the job done with minimum fuss.

Someone made a good point I thought about the Dubai trip being really hard work, which may cause short term tiredness but hopefully long term improvement, like a mini pre season. 

Let's hope that's the case.

4 hours ago, Ram79 said:

Do you think those being critical, negative, booing etc are helping the performance of the team and the result of the game?

If the same folk could ignore the money aspect, because the opposing players are on the same kind of money, it's still 11 v 11 and getting behind our 11 and supporting it positively, loudly and proudly or choosing to go against our 11 is the Derby County Supporters choice, but surely the beneficial choice is to help the team we all support instead of choosing to drag it down with negativity.

It's a critical part of the season where fine margins make all the difference and Derby County's 12th man is required to make it proud  and perform to it's maximum. So now is the most important time for the fans to give out there best performance in the stands to push the mighty Derby County on to promotion, not to get nervous, and self destructive, and beating ourselves up, so many have done it before and we have failed to get promotion.

Notts County were getting stuffed at Swansea 8-1 in the FA Cup and were still making all the positive noise, sticking by their team and getting ready for their next game to try and make amends in the league etc.

It's time to smile, without beating anyone in the street when we can be beating any of these Championship teams home or away all working together, with unity.

As GR has said, "you would think we were 4th bottom from what we've heard from some".......

Supporter?.....Help not Hinder.....

D.C.F.C Love, Life & Unity.

Are you sure there's nothing you can do
To help someone worse off than you?
Think before you answer, are you sure?
Are you sure?

Are you sure it'll be a waste of time
To stop and let your love light shine?
Are you sure?

Are you sure that it will be in vain
To show some love for your fellow man?
Are you sure?

Are you sure? Are you sure?
Are you sure? Are you sure?
Think about it and be sure
Are you sure?

Are you sure that it's not your place
To help someone whose lost their way?
Are you sure?

Are you sure it's not your concern
When you see a neighbor's home is burned?
Are you sure?

Are you…

What is the obsession for ''fan bashing''. If fans want to be negative, it's their prerogative, they pay their money. It annoys me our go to solution to Derby being in a bad spell of form is to turn on other fans, what does the achieve other than division?

Archived