Kasey Palmer - Signed on loan until the end of the season

Nuwtfly

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well he played in a promoted team last year so he doesnt need to kick on much mor edoes he? And especially if we do get promoted who's to say he wont be on a perm deal? Not close to a breakthrough at cheslski is he?

Signed a new contact until 2021 about 6 months ago.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Hughes left I've thought we lacked someone to really link between midfield and attack in the middle, yes our style is different now etc but I am hopeful and excited as this fella could well add an important link to our  new style. He seems like a good adition.

Welcome Kasey, let's see what your made of ?

A bit from Wikipedia.

He made his professional debut on 6 August, replacing Jack Payne in the 78th minute of a 2–1 win over Brentford. Palmer scored the winning goal after a minute on the pitch with just his second touch of the ball.

An omen, perhaps.

9 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

A bit from Wikipedia.

He made his professional debut on 6 August, replacing Jack Payne in the 78th minute of a 2–1 win over Brentford. Palmer scored the winning goal after a minute on the pitch with just his second touch of the ball.

An omen, perhaps.

Bring him on in the 78th minute Gary!

Like him as a Lawrence and Vydra alternative.

Lawrence starts automatically most of the time because he’s the winger with the best dribbling ability, he’s got something in his locker that Weimann and Anya simply don’t have. But he’s not always been in form, he could do with competition for himself and the good of the team.

Vydra is obviously our key attacking player but there’s situations where we need someone who’s better at holding onto possession.

Vydra’s strength is high risk attacking play, he simply opens up and runs at the defence. But think about that Sheff Utd game, where it just led to them piling on pressure and getting an equaliser because we couldn’t hold on to possession to take the pressure off. We tried to get it forward but it came right back.

One of the most interesting things I read Huddersfield fans say about Palmer was him operating as a 10 or false 9 who could hold up the ball well. That could prove invaluable now Martin’s out the door, someone who’s reliable with the ball in comparison to Vydra, who is often taken off after 70 minutes regardless of the score anyway.

Posessions become a bit of a dirty word on here but it’s definitely one area we need to improve. Huddlestone and Thorne are excellent with the ball, having Palmer there could help them out a lot.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Pacey Palmer or Kasey Calmer?

"Give it up by KC" and the Sunshine Band just came up on my itunes shuffle.... its a sign!

Great signing. One of the best single performances I saw who played against us all of last season. Knows the league and have no worries at all he can play any of the 3 roles behind the forward. The natural width in our formation can come from fullbacks, so he can drift inside and pick the ball up on the half-turn. With Vydra, Palmer & Lawrence in a 3 behind a forward its exciting.

7 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Great signing. One of the best single performances I saw who played against us all of last season. Knows the league and have no worries at all he can play any of the 3 roles behind the forward. The natural width in our formation can come from fullbacks, so he can drift inside and pick the ball up on the half-turn. With Vydra, Palmer & Lawrence in a 3 behind a forward its exciting.

Forsyth and Wisdom may be decent defensively but the last thing they do is provide width.

10 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Great interview on RamsTV.

I couldn't help smiling and being enchanted by his very obvious enthusiasm and positive energy.  So very different to the carefully measured interviews you normally see with players.

Absolutely beaming. I’m sure he’d rather be playing in the top flight with Huddersfield but he clearly just loves the game. Could be a shrewd signing 

Archived