Kasey Palmer - Signed on loan until the end of the season

Nuwtfly

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Dawkins was a good technical player, this guy is much younger than dawkins was when he came here so has the capacity to kick on, which obviously dawkins failed to do. 

And when he kicks on it won't be for us?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you just love the mixed reactions It goes from he can play on left the right central attacking midfielder a numbr 10. He's injury prone he going to play for England  Perhaps the best I've read is " Who is he I've never heard of him but he's just a poor Will Hughes " 

8 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

''The most naturally gifted player i've seen at Town'' speaks volumes. Very clearly a talented player. Both Percy and Nixon complimented the signing. Hopefully he can have as great an impact here, as he did there!

Better than Tom Ince then ! ......................

It astounds me that when GR says 'we won't bring anyone in for the sake of it... They have to improve us' everyone fails to believe it and moans. This lad played 20 odd games for Huddersfield last season and guess what... They got promoted. 

Just because he played the 10 role for them doesn't mean it's his best or only position. 

As GR mentioned on Tuesday we need that bit of magic to unlock things. 

So yes he could have gone and got another winger that chases lost causes and gets his name chanted like some kind of super hero...or he could get something different in like Lookman or Palmer that might unlock things and add more pace, power and guile. 

35 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Correct probably - I don’t like these loans unless we are signing long term

In this case I suspect having looked at the available options the club decide no one was available at good value, so we decided to loan a temp stop gap until the summer when there is more chance of some good value being available. 

27 minutes ago, Malagaram said:

Is Kasey fit,well and raring to go,as in this Saturday against Brentford.?

In the article ''with a view to making his debut in Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash with Brentford at Pride Park Stadium'' suggests he will be in the side, I'd personally start him.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

And when he kicks on it won't be for us?

Well he played in a promoted team last year so he doesnt need to kick on much mor edoes he? And especially if we do get promoted who's to say he wont be on a perm deal? Not close to a breakthrough at cheslski is he?

What does he do well?
"...Manager David Wagner used a versatile and fluid front four in which he was asked to play out wide, in the number ten position, and even as a false nine on occasion, whilst naturally dropping deeper into midfield in an effort to orchestrate proceedings. One of the league’s most effective dribblers, he combined his ball-carrying ability with a robust presence to hold up the ball in the final third, regularly receiving passes from the centre-backs in the build-up phase before turning defence into attack efficiently and capably."

Where does he have room for improvement?
"It’s primarily a case of refinement at this stage for Palmer. There are no major questions about his fitness or his ability to get through a full season as, prior to the hamstring issue, there were no major long-term layoffs or issues with his conditioning, but until he does complete a senior professional season, some people will raise questions about it."

"He does most things very impressively, and the challenge is to do them just as well whilst playing amongst better players. Plenty of prospects fall down when asked to do things quickly and sharply; it’s up to him to show he’s as good as everyone thinks he is whilst continuing to work hard on his defensive game."

How does he fit into this Chelsea team?
"In the 3-4-3, Palmer would have to play in one of the two flanking roles in attack, most commonly occupied by Eden Hazard and Pedro last season, and it’s Hazard’s game he identifies with more closely.

"He has shown he can handle any forward role in a 4-2-3-1"

Full article here: http://thechels.net/2017/06/summer-self-scouting-kasey-palmer/

Based on the YouTube clips he looks very attack minded. A tad heavy first touch at times, definitely not the finished article but he looks quite explosive, that he can put himself about a bit, and a constant feature of the clips is that he's got an eye for a pass. Based on first impressions he definitely looks more naturally suited to playing in central midfield as opposed to being a natural out and out winger.

Those are just some of my thoughts, what do you think? 

1 minute ago, Manicsheepreacher said:

Based on the YouTube clips he looks very attack minded. A tad heavy first touch at times, definitely not the finished article but he looks quite explosive, that he can put himself about a bit, and a constant feature of the clips is that he's got an eye for a pass. Based on first impressions he definitely looks more naturally suited to playing in central midfield as opposed to being a natural out and out winger.

Those are just some of my thoughts, what do you think? 

Would echo that the clips seem to suggest he'd prefer to play central, but as we in effect play with inverted wingers who cut inside a lot there's no reason he can't fill the vacant slot on the right to begin with. He certainly looks a very dynamic player who should add something "completely different" to what we currently have and to what we had with Johnny.

Looks an upgrade to me, but time will tell.

young, exciting prospect.

Has lots of potential according to Huddersfield fans..

A great opportunity for him to progress his career and get his name out there.

If he has any kind of impact that Jordan Ibe had, we're in for a treat! Even Ibe is struggling in the prem and from what I saw of him at Derby, I really thought he was going all the way to the top.

Welcome Kasey, play with confidence and excite us and you'll be loved I'm sure! 

13 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

What does he do well?
"...Manager David Wagner used a versatile and fluid front four in which he was asked to play out wide, in the number ten position, and even as a false nine on occasion, whilst naturally dropping deeper into midfield in an effort to orchestrate proceedings. One of the league’s most effective dribblers, he combined his ball-carrying ability with a robust presence to hold up the ball in the final third, regularly receiving passes from the centre-backs in the build-up phase before turning defence into attack efficiently and capably."

Where does he have room for improvement?
"It’s primarily a case of refinement at this stage for Palmer. There are no major questions about his fitness or his ability to get through a full season as, prior to the hamstring issue, there were no major long-term layoffs or issues with his conditioning, but until he does complete a senior professional season, some people will raise questions about it."

"He does most things very impressively, and the challenge is to do them just as well whilst playing amongst better players. Plenty of prospects fall down when asked to do things quickly and sharply; it’s up to him to show he’s as good as everyone thinks he is whilst continuing to work hard on his defensive game."

How does he fit into this Chelsea team?
"In the 3-4-3, Palmer would have to play in one of the two flanking roles in attack, most commonly occupied by Eden Hazard and Pedro last season, and it’s Hazard’s game he identifies with more closely.

"He has shown he can handle any forward role in a 4-2-3-1"

Full article here: http://thechels.net/2017/06/summer-self-scouting-kasey-palmer/

Excellent post Saul. This lad will be competing with Jerome/Nugent/Winnall/Lawrence/Vydra/Weimann/Anya for one of our front four positions. Effectively we have eight players for four  positions.  

Archived