Kasey Palmer - Signed on loan until the end of the season

Nuwtfly

On 1/31/2018 at 23:24, LazloW said:

Never heard of him.  Next.

Bit negative! Not like you @LazloW my old mucker! 

I know plenty of Chelski fans and the knowledgeable ones rate the kid alongside Chalobah and RLC. Their words not mine but I'd say that's pretty high praise. They also say he can be very effective out wide on either flank so perhaps this makes more sense than at first? I'd rather a loan like this than spending stupid money on McLean or the like if truth be told.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, 86 points said:

I know plenty of Chelski fans and the knowledgeable ones rate the kid alongside Chalobah and RLC. Their words not mine but I'd say that's pretty high praise. They also say he can be very effective out wide on either flank so perhaps this makes more sense than at first? I'd rather a loan like this than spending stupid money on McLean or the like if truth be told.

Lol.  I try hard, but there's a wristslasher from my younger, less enlightened days always trying to claw his way out!  I was probably being a bit flippant and I generally try to reserve judgement until after I've seen soembody play... but I was just hoping (not necessarily expecting) a bit more excitement.  Considering that (I think) I'm usually quite sensible and balanced - and I know the transfer window is a month long - for some bizarre reason I am completely sucked in by transfer deadline day hoopla.  Can't understand it really as I'm mostly #AMF.  It must be Sky.  They've got into my head!!

TobyWanKenobi
6 hours ago, 86 points said:

Out of curiosity; are there any of the 35+ players that Chelsea have loaned out that Chelsea fans don't rate?

I saw enough from KP in 2 minutes on Saturday to believe this guy will make a good contribution. He also looked "very up" for it and in no way did his body language suggest he has the "I'm a Chelsea player" attitude. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him....loved the way he ran up to the Brentford full-back and impudently stole the ball. 

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 20:15, TobyWanKenobi said:

Out of curiosity; are there any of the 35+ players that Chelsea have loaned out that Chelsea fans don't rate?

Tbh, they produce really good players, they just don't trust them and would rather sign someone for 30 mil than see the gems in their academy. Perfect example is Barkley/Loftus-cheek. If Barkley was from Chelsea academy im 99% sure he wouldn't be in that squad anymore.

TobyWanKenobi
7 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Tbh, they produce really good players, they just don't trust them and would rather sign someone for 30 mil than see the gems in their academy. Perfect example is Barkley/Loftus-cheek. If Barkley was from Chelsea academy im 99% sure he wouldn't be in that squad anymore.

Heh. Sounds familiar. 

The challenge with Palmer is getting him to start. He’s not going to replace our talisman in his preferred  #10 spot and I doubt he’s simply Vyds backup or a late game sub for Vyds. Getting him in to start will mean a formation change or play him wide. It’s prob B cuz you get the sense that he really likes him. 

GR says we’ve got different attacking options - and he’s so right, cuz the choice between playing Anya Weimann Johnson or Palmer on the wing presents such interesting but stark differences - all dangerous to opposition defences in different ways. Opponents will have a hard time preparing for us not knowing. 

24 minutes ago, Ninos said:

The challenge with Palmer is getting him to start. He’s not going to replace our talisman in his preferred  #10 spot and I doubt he’s simply Vyds backup or a late game sub for Vyds. Getting him in to start will mean a formation change or play him wide. It’s prob B cuz you get the sense that he really likes him. 

GR says we’ve got different attacking options - and he’s so right, cuz the choice between playing Anya Weimann Johnson or Palmer on the wing presents such interesting but stark differences - all dangerous to opposition defences in different ways. Opponents will have a hard time preparing for us not knowing. 

Great point. With these attacking options available, GR can truly set up the team to take on different opponents. 

All he has to do is trust himself. All we have to do is not crucify him if he makes brave choices and they don't work.

The away games that he has played Brad on the wing have been excellent tactical choices in the main. Johnson and Palmer on either wing with Vyds and Jerome through the middle might well be the way we go away from home from now on. Palmer and Johnson both have a lot of power and presence, which would be useful if teams are trying to rock us in their own back yard.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2018 at 13:19, 86 points said:

On 2/2/2018 at 20:15, TobyWanKenobi said:

On 2/2/2018 at 23:18, Derby blood said:

This lad could get a few of you out of your seats, very good prospect, who can provide the unexpected and could be a good impact player for us, last 20 minutes and n a tight game, he could change a game.

On 2/6/2018 at 08:44, jimbobram said:

On 2/6/2018 at 15:58, TobyWanKenobi said:

Heh. Sounds familiar. 

So @TobyWanKenobi - seen anything you like?

TobyWanKenobi
22 hours ago, 86 points said:

So @TobyWanKenobi - seen anything you like?

I don't celebrate draws mate. Slowly dropping out of the automatic promotion race may excite you, but  don't like it very much.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Kasey seemed very appreciative of the fans at reading.

Good lad - didn't come across as a big time Chelsea charlie at all.

I think so too; very good footballer made that bit better by having the right character. Doesn't think he's bigger than the Club...no hint of a Lingaard anywhere. :mellow:

He's a top young prospect. Said so when he first signed but as usual, there were folk already looking to find something not to like. It's good to see him showing them up. He's been a breath of fresh air IMO and could well be the catalyst to a return to form if given enough game time.

6 hours ago, 86 points said:

He's a top young prospect. Said so when he first signed but as usual, there were folk already looking to find something not to like. It's good to see him showing them up. He's been a breath of fresh air IMO and could well be the catalyst to a return to form if given enough game time.

I thought he was bloody excellent....an actual nimble,skillful player....made me think of a younger bryson..it brought a year to my eye.

He made everyone else look like a carthorse.

I do think he will struggle to reignite the of the saga squad on his own tho..

9 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I thought he was bloody excellent....an actual nimble,skillful player....made me think of a younger bryson..it brought a year to my eye.

He made everyone else look like a carthorse.

I do think he will struggle to reignite the of the saga squad on his own tho..

I agree with your praise of Palmer but a shame you descended into the "carthorse" & "saga" taunts. I'm must be over sensitive or something but this kind of rhetoric really gets to me. 

Archived