Animal is a Ram

Luke Thomas - Sent to Coventry, loan extended till end of the season

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Some pathetic responses in here. Million for the lad is good money. Starts to recoup some of the investment. Will he make it and be worth a lot more in the future? we simply don't know so why all the drama queen responses? 

Be careful , you will get shot down on here for talking actual sense. 

Crystal Palace have told Tottenham, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City that Wilfried Zaha will cost £70m.

Makes sense to replace him with Thomas.

9 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Some pathetic responses in here. Million for the lad is good money. Starts to recoup some of the investment. Will he make it and be worth a lot more in the future? we simply don't know so why all the drama queen responses? 

Because we have this knack of selling really highly rated players for very little money.

Theo Walcott was sold for 12 million from Southampton about 10 or so years ago, we sold Will Hughes last year for 4 million. Both were up and coming English players.

If we were looking to sell it would have made more sense to give him some game time and triple the fee.

Edited by MackworthRamIsGod

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Because we have this knack of selling really highly rated players for very little money.

Theo Walcott was sold for 12 million from Southampton about 10 or so years ago, we sold Will Hughes last year for 4 million. Both were up and coming English players.

If we were looking to sell it would have made more sense to give him some game time and triple the fee.

although I get the point the other part of that situation has to consider where both players went and whether there were other clubs interested.  still can't believe he ended up at Watford and nobody else showed any interest

Shambles if he went for a million.

Hes head and shoulders above anyone in the u23s. Him and Elsnik should be pushing for first team football here next season, give them new deals if needs be.

It’s amazing that some seem to hype him up as our saviour based on approximately 10 minutes of first team football, and are also taking this as gospel. It’s the equivalent of the Derby Telegraph being the only paper to report that Will Hughes is going to Barcelona for £60m.

He is obviously doing well in the Under-23’s, and that’s very good, but I seem to remember Callum Ball was as well back in the day. 

In truth we don’t really know how well he’ll make the step up. £1m would be pretty good money for someone with so little football.

4 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Be careful , you will get shot down on here for talking actual sense. 

It's not though is it. Derbys young player of the year gone for a million(although i doubt there's any truth in it) which means the others are worth how much? A bag of crisps and a banana!

Two sides to this, on the one hand we got him for free (or relative pennies) and the million will justify the academy. There's no guareentee Gary intends to give him any gametime next year and would end up stagnating (think along the lines of Mason Bennett) 

Other hand, keep hold of him, either play him or get him on loan to a championship team, plays a blinder and is worth millions more. I can see why this would be a tough position for GR

1 million isn't even alot of money nowadays. Especially considering thy next season we may not be throwing money at it, these lads will be closer to the first team if we're in this division. May as well keep him and wait and see! 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Shambles if he went for a million.

Hes head and shoulders above anyone in the u23s that aren't out on loan or named Jayden Bogle. Him and Elsnik should be pushing for first team football here next season, give them new deals if needs be.

FTFY.

I think Thomas has the potential to be worth more than £1m, of course he does. But there's always a risk associated with holding on to a young player, same as there's a risk in letting them go. I don't think it would be an upsetting deal. I'd be a little disappointed.

Edited by SaintRam

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thank you Angieram

So, let's get this right. A local rag, part of the DET group of papers and therefore subject to the same desire to get online clicks to maximise their advert income, rework a story that was doing the rounds several weeks ago with liberal uses of the words 'close' to, 'interested' in and all the rest that indicate that they actually know the square root of nothing. West Ham don't even know who their manager will be next season.

And we have the boy himself interviewed on RamsTV. He appears to be pretty level headed and also speaks about how nervous he was and is just going to first team training, never mind getting on the pitch (when, if I remember right, he forgot completely what position he was playing in on his debut). Sounds to me like Gaz is doing the right thing by holding him back a bit, getting him used to being around the squad and the first team so that when he does play he'll be able to give of his best.

Why on earth would a level headed young guy from Cheltenham, making progress in his career, want to bury himself in London in a PL club that's a complete mess from top to bottom, and run every risk of stagnating, just because gloucestershire live suggest it?

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Thank you Angieram

So, let's get this right. A local rag, part of the DET group of papers and therefore subject to the same desire to get online clicks to maximise their advert income, rework a story that was doing the rounds several weeks ago with liberal uses of the words 'close' to, 'interested' in and all the rest that indicate that they actually know the square root of nothing. West Ham don't even know who their manager will be next season.

And we have the boy himself interviewed on RamsTV. He appears to be pretty level headed and also speaks about how nervous he was and is just going to first team training, never mind getting on the pitch (when, if I remember right, he forgot completely what position he was playing in on his debut). Sounds to me like Gaz is doing the right thing by holding him back a bit, getting him used to being around the squad and the first team so that when he does play he'll be able to give of his best.

Why on earth would a level headed young guy from Cheltenham, making progress in his career, want to bury himself in London in a PL club that's a complete mess from top to bottom, and run every risk of stagnating, just because gloucestershire live suggest it?

Money?