Luke Thomas - Sent to Coventry, loan extended till end of the season

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Wtf? We barely have any wingers as it stands, ain’t got enough to loan him out imo even if we get one in. All it takes is one injury and he’s probably coming off the Bench. I’m all for Loaning players out but where’s the replacement?

Perhaps need to get his £400 a week of the wage bill 

A little odd in that he could have gone somewhere in League One relatively close, as well as reasonably near to home (eg Oxford) but instead is going to Scotland where it's much tougher for the club to support him and monitor his progress. But for all we laugh at Scottish football, it's quite cool for him to move to the Scottish Premier League. This suggests neither Anya nor Bennett are going anywhere today. Or someone is coming in.

I think the SPL still splits in half after 33 games. St Johnstone are on the cusp, fighting for that sixth spot. Would be good if they can do it.

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Probably means we're confident in bringing a winger in today.

My worry is that surely an agent/family member/club staff etc. etc. would've let something slip by now, if we were genuinely in for a transfer deadline day raid.

I don't personally think we'll be signing anybody today. 

Disappointed. Most exciting footballer at our club bar Vyds. Clearly indicates neither Rowett and/or Wassall believe he’s ready to play at the first team level for whatever reason. He will light up the Scottish league like a Christmas tree, and we will never know the ways he would have helped us in the run in.

Not sure what you have to do at this club to get a crack at the first team ... 

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Disappointed. Most exciting footballer at our club bar Vyds. Clearly indicates neither Rowett and/or Wassall believe he’s ready to play at the first team level for whatever reason. He will light up the Scottish league like a Christmas tree, and we will never know the ways he would have helped us in the run in.

Not have 4-6 players ahead of you in the senior team. You should watch the RamsTV pre-match thing from yesterday if it's about. Wassall was on and went into decent detail about the loaning decisions and the problems with getting them into the senior team.

The opportunities will come for them once the senior squad has finished being restructured.

I genuinely think the league position is unhelpful to GR in that task, personally.

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I agree. The way they have frozen Chris Martin out is appalling.

Archived