Jump to content
Animal is a Ram

Luke Thomas - Sent to Coventry, loan extended till end of the season

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SaintRam said:

Probably means we're confident in bringing a winger in today.

My worry is that surely an agent/family member/club staff etc. etc. would've let something slip by now, if we were genuinely in for a transfer deadline day raid.

I don't personally think we'll be signing anybody today. 

Share this post


Link to post

Disappointed. Most exciting footballer at our club bar Vyds. Clearly indicates neither Rowett and/or Wassall believe he’s ready to play at the first team level for whatever reason. He will light up the Scottish league like a Christmas tree, and we will never know the ways he would have helped us in the run in.

Not sure what you have to do at this club to get a crack at the first team ... 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Disappointed. Most exciting footballer at our club bar Vyds. Clearly indicates neither Rowett and/or Wassall believe he’s ready to play at the first team level for whatever reason. He will light up the Scottish league like a Christmas tree, and we will never know the ways he would have helped us in the run in.

Not sure what you have to do at this club to get a crack at the first team ... 

Not have 4-6 players ahead of you in the senior team. You should watch the RamsTV pre-match thing from yesterday if it's about. Wassall was on and went into decent detail about the loaning decisions and the problems with getting them into the senior team.

The opportunities will come for them once the senior squad has finished being restructured.

I genuinely think the league position is unhelpful to GR in that task, personally.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Disappointed. Most exciting footballer at our club bar Vyds. Clearly indicates neither Rowett and/or Wassall believe he’s ready to play at the first team level for whatever reason. He will light up the Scottish league like a Christmas tree, and we will never know the ways he would have helped us in the run in.

Not sure what you have to do at this club to get a crack at the first team ... 

I agree. The way they have frozen Chris Martin out is appalling.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

A little odd in that he could have gone somewhere in League One relatively close, as well as reasonably near to home (eg Oxford) but instead is going to Scotland where it's much tougher for the club to support him and monitor his progress. But for all we laugh at Scottish football, it's quite cool for him to move to the Scottish Premier League. This suggests neither Anya nor Bennett are going anywhere today. Or someone is coming in.

I think the SPL still splits in half after 33 games. St Johnstone are on the cusp, fighting for that sixth spot. Would be good if they can do it.

That might be the point. Last season when he was struggling we sent him "home" near his family and with his brother for some home comforts. Maybe this year, with his confidence and form through the roof we want to see how he adapts to something very much out of his comfort zone. 

Clubs always take this very much into account with loaning youngsters and I know of a certain loan we've made this season where they intentionally picked a club further away

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, eddie said:

I agree. The way they have frozen Chris Martin out is appalling.

Way Different. That one had mucho chances. Did nada. Now gone. Thomas had zero chances. Did mucho in the U23s. Now gone.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ninos said:

Way Different. That one had mucho chances. Did nada. Now gone. Thomas had zero chances. Did mucho in the U23s. Now gone.

I’m sorry, but when you say “did nada”, what exactly are you implying? This season, with limited chances, I agree he hasn’t been the main man. But every other season (including last season at Fulham) he has scored goals, crated chances and been a good quality player at this level. Please, if you want to be taken seriously, don’t make a stupid comment like that.

I understand you don’t think Chrissy is a top quality player. That’s fine, respect your opinion. But you’re saying a player that hasn’t played more than 20 first team minutes is our 2nd most exciting player...really!?!

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I’m sorry, but when you say “did nada”, what exactly are you implying? This season, with limited chances, I agree he hasn’t been the main man. But every other season (including last season at Fulham) he has scored goals, crated chances and been a good quality player at this level. Please, if you want to be taken seriously, don’t make a stupid comment like that.

I understand you don’t think Chrissy is a top quality player. That’s fine, respect your opinion. But you’re saying a player that hasn’t played more than 20 first team minutes is our 2nd most exciting player...really!?!

Yup, really.

Share this post


Link to post

I’m a bit confused here - did dcfc confirm that Luke Thomas has left? 

With Bennett and Russell now gone we are sure looking thin out wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ninos said:

I’m a bit confused here - did dcfc confirm that Luke Thomas has left? 

With Bennett and Russell now gone we are sure looking thin out wide.

Scottish window doesn't shut until midnight, so still 20 minutes left, although it has been very quiet since the rumour surfaced

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Cam the Ram said:

Scottish window doesn't shut until midnight, so still 20 minutes left, although it has been very quiet since the rumour surfaced

@Fraser_23 had said the deal was off but not sure if he was itk and no comments from DCFC regarding the Scottish move ...

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Saw a pic of him telling someone he wants to stay and fight for a place in the first team. Not sure if it was legit.

Hope so I really do ... if he was in a top 6 PL academy we’d have been chasing him in the window! He should stay 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.