Luke Thomas - Sent to Coventry, loan extended till end of the season

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

We want to give the youth a chance but, also, sell the wee buggers.

I don't understand this club sometimes. 

It's disappointing isn't it?! I think the people running DCFC have a small club mentality. Just look at some of the clubs now considered to be bigger than us.

If we think he's sellable for that amount plus maybe addons then I'm all for it. That's what the Academy is for too. I'd be happy giving Gordon a go. Thomas looks very pacey and very raw to me, so I'd take the money now when we need it.

At the end of the day, we snapped him up from Gloucester for a small fee, where he started his development. He's done well with the U23s. The Academy costs a fortune and we mainly let so many of our youth players go without getting a fee for them. This deal helps make the Academy and the club more sustainable. He deserved more chances from the subs bench but Rowett wasn't keen on flair. 

Lots of other youth players ready to try and get a bit further than he did with the club. 

15 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Yeah this money pays for alot of the academy, but will still sting down the line when he's worth 10 times that...

You’re so right.

Trouble is it’s still an IF not when, I’d hate to see him go for what seems cheap and I wish he could be another Hughes but he wasn’t with us since juniors, quite possibly doesn’t have the same loyalty, so to cash in is possibly good business?

Guess the club would be damned if they do, but damned if they don’t by all those saying nothing comes of our academy for all Mel’s investment!

21 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Yeah this money pays for alot of the academy, but will still sting down the line when he's worth 10 times that...

Unless we have a large sell on fee, in which case we'd be celebrating our nice chunk of money coming in again. That's basically situation his old club would be in when we sell. 

However if his nerves are getting to him at pride park in senior team action, how's he meant to cope at London stadium?? One of most toxic atmospheres around at the moment!

Archived