Johnny Russell - Will he sign a new contract?

Cam the Ram

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cannable said:

Doesn’t spin when he should, doesn’t press when he should but somehow he’s managed to improve on the ball

Been in his best form for some while of late.

4 minutes ago, lushrams said:

Judging by his performance tonight wouldn’t even give him a start again. Too casual, no end product - shocking 

Yet still better than the massively overrated Lawrence. 

I thought Russell was ok in the first half. And as bad as he was in the second half he was not as bad as Lawrence 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Yet still better than the massively overrated Lawrence. 

I thought Russell was ok in the first half. And as bad as he was in the second half he was not as bad as Lawrence 

Both of them are better than Weimann! Still we needed to sign another striker.

Just look to the other wing.

An expensive dribbler who would look great at a freestyle event where you don't have to pass or shoot.

Russell offers more than the others imo. And while that's the case I think he should be the least of the wing worries.

Just give Lawrence his own ball. He isn't even much good defensively. Weak as a shandy when he does cover

1 minute ago, BuckoBeast said:

How on earth Lawrence though he shouldn’t of been taken off, shaking his head, he was poor and so too was Russell. Should of took Johnny off 

Lawrence was poor and inconsistent.  Russell works hard but struggles with the final ball. Still better than Lawrence tonight 

Very good game from Johnny Russell in that he's got his mojo back, running at the opposition and terrorising them. Sadly, two really wild shots in good positions, while his excellent freekick slammed against the bar.

At this stage I don't expect he'll sign a new contrat and that's fine. It certainly means he'll be playing out of his skin from now until the end of the season to attempt to get better terms out of Derby and impress other managers to get a lucrative offer elsewhere.

Possibly the most frustrating player ive ever seen in a DCFC shirt.

He'd be a top player if he could make the right decisions and not dilly dally around, ditto Lawrence - surprised how poor his decision making is considering he was from the United academy and rated so highly.

Archived