Kuzszack

Topram

36 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Do they?

Mitchell hasn't played a league game for us. He has played 5 cup games. I don't know if that counts. If by picking him to play v grimsby we triggered the rule that means we can't bring ina loan keeper, then presumably we thought he was good enough.

Roos has the same appearance stats i think, but as noted by others has played for 2 clubs already.

if we are going to buy a senior keeper then at least buy a good one.

I stand corrected.

Emergency loans aren't included in the 2 team rule, similar to the 3 month "emergency" loans that were available until a couple of seasons ago.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, rynny said:

I stand corrected.

Emergency loans aren't included in the 2 team rule, similar to the 3 month "emergency" loans that were available until a couple of seasons ago.

I couldn't find anything to back up the idea that emergency goalkeeper loans don't count towards the three club rule. I don't think they should, but I've not found any regulations to say that. For instance, in these EFL rules https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Section 55 refers to emergency goalkeeper loans and specifically states the rule doesn't apply that you can have a max of four loans from a club, but it doesn't seem to invalidate any other rules. I hope you're right as I'd rather Roos were eligible to play.

Where's the evidence?

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I couldn't find anything to back up the idea that emergency goalkeeper loans don't count towards the three club rule. I don't think they should, but I've not found any regulations to say that. For instance, in these EFL rules https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Section 55 refers to emergency goalkeeper loans and specifically states the rule doesn't apply that you can have a max of four loans from a club, but it doesn't seem to invalidate any other rules. I hope you're right as I'd rather Roos were eligible to play.

Where's the evidence?

Jack Butland played for Barnsley, Stoke and Leeds in 13/14, first example I have seen. 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Jack Butland played for Barnsley, Stoke and Leeds in 13/14, first example I have seen. 

Makes sense to allow it, but the rules have changed a lot specifically to tighten up loans in the last couple of seasons. So I don't think this is conclusive. I'm annoyed there are a lot of regulations online but I can't find anything to say an emergency goalkeeping loan doesn't count.

The main FIFA regulations are in this pdf on the FA site: http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/registrations/december-2015-updates/fifa-regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-of-players.ash Section 5 includes the three-club rule.

The EFL site contains the emergency goalkeeper loan regulations https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players (sections 53 and 55 of the document)

5 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Disappointed there hasn't been any more public movement on this. Hope the club can get Kusczak or someone similar over the line in the next few days. Then we'll have signnificanty reduced the biggest risk to the season.

Couldn't agree more. Yes, it'd be grand to get a flyer on the wing and some CM cover in but any mid to long term injury to Carson could see us derailed. Hard to overstate how good he's been this season and proper cover is a mandatory to my mind. On admittedly limited evidence I'd worry about the younger lads stepping up this season at least.

2 hours ago, Ramchop said:

I hope we sign him, if for no other reason than to take the "always has a mistake in him" tag from Keogh

That'll never happen unfortunately but have a 'like' for the notion :thumbsup:

I'm fully behind the idea of getting old head as a back-up and sending Mitchell on loan. Sounds perfect!

But I have doubts over Kuzszack... I don't think I've seen him playing well :ermm: Error prone and distribution is pretty horrible. Maybe the familiarity plays it's part here, but I'd be tempted to get someone whose name on team sheet wouldn't make me nervous.

16 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Can’t say that I blame him tbh, deals between clubs should remain just that until completed. 

He's inferring that the leak has come from the Derby end but based on what? I wonder if he's considered that it might be from his end or maybe the players' agent.

Archived