Kuzszack

Topram

Knows where the net is, get him in.

SAT 08 APR 2017 CHAMPIONSHIP

Birmingham City 1-2 Derby County

Adams (68'minutes)    Kuszczak (3'minutes og), Ince (90'+1minutes)

THU 08 MAY 2014 CHAMPIONSHIP - 1ST LEG

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Derby County

Lingard (18'minutes)    Martin (29'minutes pen), Kuszczak (45'+2minutes og)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Get the idea that the club think Mitchell and Roos aren't good enough and may never been at their age, they're both young but hardly prospects at 23 and 25. 

As for Kuzszack, never rated him too highly but hopefully will never play for us. Decent second choice, 1 year contract no more. 

23 and 25 for keepers is the equivalent to 18 and 20 for an outfield player in my eyes. They might not peak for another 5-7 years!

Look at Carson and Grant, they’ve both peaked at around 31-34. There’s plenty of time for them both, particularly as I dont think either of them have had an entire season starting for a competitive league team. I wouldn’t be worried at all.

Get them both out on loan for the rest of the season and the season after, then see what we’ve got.

Yes he would be excellent cover and he is a very good goalkeeper 

now I have not seen anybody actually say the obvious- we are in currently the transfer window and the premiership is awash with money and there are some very dodgy looking goalkeepers out there - what if we have received a Hugh bid for Scott Carson ? 

Everbody has a price at every club and he did just remind everybody in the premiership when we visited Manchester United that he is a darn good goalkeeper- think about it folks 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Yes he would be excellent cover and he is a very good goalkeeper 

now I have not seen anybody actually say the obvious- we are in currently the transfer window and the premiership is awash with money and there are some very dodgy looking goalkeepers out there - what if we have received a Hugh bid for Scott Carson ? 

Everbody has a price at every club and he did just remind everybody in the premiership when we visited Manchester United that he is a darn good goalkeeper- think about it folks 

It's an interesting theory but let's hope you're wrong! Though LIverpool are awash with money, have terrible keepers and might want to buy him back now he's much better than when he was with them before (and got his Champions League medal).

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's an interesting theory but let's hope you're wrong! Though LIverpool are awash with money, have terrible keepers and might want to buy him back now he's much better than when he was with them before (and got his Champions League medal).

It’s a strange world and we are obviously not wanting it to happen but I agree Liverpool could easily try to resign him for £10 milllion plus which they obviously have and plenty of people keep saying how poor their keepers are and there are more than just Liverpool without a very good goalkeeper. It would go a long way to sort out our finances as well and allow maybe one or two more talents to come in.

Seems like a good move to me, very decent goalkeeper when he was at his best. It’s a much safer move to have an experience backup goalie and allow Mitchell out on loan, if he has to play the odd game then we’re not in too much bother. Wouldn’t cost too much either, good move if it happens.

Just on those mentioning maybe we have received interest in Carson - what about Newcastle? Appear to be in for a keeper, been linked with Reina, but maybe Benitez will go for a different ex Liverpool keeper in Carson, obviously worked together before

1 minute ago, Srg said:

No chance Carson will go anywhere. He's seen the other side, think he loves it here.

If he was guaranteed first team football in the Prem with a chance of making a late World Cup squad claim then I think Carson would go and I for one couldn't blame him if he did. All hypothetical of course.

3 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If he was guaranteed first team football in the Prem with a chance of making a late World Cup squad claim then I think Carson would go and I for one couldn't blame him if he did. All hypothetical of course.

Possibly- there is a fair bit of chatter about Buttland going to Liverpool around the £30 million mark, maybe there will be some premiership goalkeepers wanted in this window and Carson has to viewed as good value for a very experienced goalkeeper, maybe we will be tested by those premiership clubs with plenty of money to offer

7 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Also possible that there is a release clause in his contract. If not I can't see Mel or GR wanting to let him go, whatever the bid. But the players have all the power. If Carson really wanted to go, it would be very tricky to stop him.

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

It would make sense. Experienced keeper, worked with Rowett before etc.

This is painting a pretty clear image of our plans for this window. Solid, reliable squad players from whom you know exactly what you’re going to get. No letting injuries ruin us, no failing due lack of depth. Absolutely no **** ups.

Exactly my view, Kernow and no obvious argument against it.

2 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Also possible that there is a release clause in his contract. If not I can't see Mel or GR wanting to let him go, whatever the bid. But the players have all the power. If Carson really wanted to go, it would be very tricky to stop him.

Very true, and in terms of the Birmingham lad, he has been relegated to the bench and is not very happy about that apparently so would he be happy to sit on a much more comfortable bench at Derby?

40 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Seems like a good move to me, very decent goalkeeper when he was at his best. It’s a much safer move to have an experience backup goalie and allow Mitchell out on loan, if he has to play the odd game then we’re not in too much bother. Wouldn’t cost too much either, good move if it happens.

Spot on.  Whilst I’m sure we’d like some younger players coming in and making an impact, we really are at the sharp end of the season.  We have to go for it imo.

(I suppose I could easily have posted this in the Jerome thread too.)

25 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Just on those mentioning maybe we have received interest in Carson - what about Newcastle? Appear to be in for a keeper, been linked with Reina, but maybe Benitez will go for a different ex Liverpool keeper in Carson, obviously worked together before

Simple response for Seniór Benitez.....

**** off!

Carson loves Derby County because he is playing his best football here, is loved by the fans and appreciated for his commitment by the management. He will need a contract for another four years at some point soon. Everyone at Derby wants to experience promotion, get a hefty bonus and play in the Premier League. 

Winnall would sign tomorrow if he could. 

Rowett has not brought in one loan player. Significant

Archived